Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kenilworth Friday and Saturday

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 14:16 #647207

  • Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 59334
  • Thank you received: 3004
Aldo was very confident on my Facebook that Marinaresco is the one to be on !
......................................................................................................................................

www.africanbettingclan.com

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: King Tut

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 15:18 #647218

  • winzip
  • winzip's Avatar
  • Online
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 1587
  • Thank you received: 44
my treble for sat politician stakes Horizon,paddock stakes Bela Bela and queen's plate Marinaresco.Good racing and hope my treble comes home.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 15:21 #647220

  • MasterOfMyFate
  • MasterOfMyFate's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 1203
  • Thank you received: 176
Whisky Baron, Horizon, Marinaresco. Write-ups later in the week.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 15:28 #647222

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 840
  • Thank you received: 90
It Is Written
Bela-Bela
Gothic
Alexis
Tripandie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 20:16 #647256

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 840
  • Thank you received: 90
MasterOfMyFate wrote:
Whisky Baron, Horizon, Marinaresco. Write-ups later in the week.

Lets look at Marinarescos wins starting with
Tekkie 1600 take out Whisky Baron and what are you left with
Winter Classic looks like a rerun of the above
and the last one at Greyville has only produced one winner in Bezanova
Brazucas form is inconsistent but a line with him and then Noah both Legal Eagle and Abashiri has the beating of Marinaresco and because they were closer on their last i think a back to best Abashiri will be ahead of both of them
Last Edit: 02 Jan 2017 20:28 by fafi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 20:28 #647258

  • Magi
  • Magi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 5802
  • Thank you received: 307
fafi wrote:
MasterOfMyFate wrote:
Whisky Baron, Horizon, Marinaresco. Write-ups later in the week.

Lets look at Marinarescos wins starting with
Tekkie 1600 take out Whisky Baron and what are you left with
Winter Classic looks like a rerun of the above
and the last one at Greyville has only produced one winner in Bezanova
They say Brazucas form is inconsistent but a line with him and then Noah both Legal Eagle and Abashiri has the beating of Marinaresco and because they were closer on their last i think a back to best Abashiri will be ahead of both of them

Can you please PM me your dope dealers address or whereabouts...TIA and dankie byvoorwaardts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigh, neigh, fafi

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 20:45 #647260

  • MasterOfMyFate
  • MasterOfMyFate's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 1203
  • Thank you received: 176
doesn't warrant a reply but that is hilarious lmao keep it up :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 20:52 #647261

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 840
  • Thank you received: 90
MasterOfMyFate wrote:
doesn't warrant a reply but that is hilarious lmao keep it up :lol:
yeah as when SM was discussed?
Last Edit: 02 Jan 2017 20:54 by fafi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 21:03 #647263

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 840
  • Thank you received: 90
Whats Lerenas best chance on the day?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 21:05 #647264

  • Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 59334
  • Thank you received: 3004
Sceptre Stakes looks a cracker on Friday
......................................................................................................................................

www.africanbettingclan.com

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 21:37 #647267

  • rob faux
  • rob faux's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 9998
  • Thank you received: 580
fafi wrote:
MasterOfMyFate wrote:
Whisky Baron, Horizon, Marinaresco. Write-ups later in the week.

Lets look at Marinarescos wins starting with
Tekkie 1600 take out Whisky Baron and what are you left with
Winter Classic looks like a rerun of the above
and the last one at Greyville has only produced one winner in Bezanova
Brazucas form is inconsistent but a line with him and then Noah both Legal Eagle and Abashiri has the beating of Marinaresco and because they were closer on their last i think a back to best Abashiri will be ahead of both of them

Maybe I'm smoking dope too but Marinaresco has still not PROVED he is as good as he is been touted ....not yet anyway.
The reminder is Bob's grade 1 thread.
Marinaresco got beaten in the Cape Derby ,at level weights by Wait My Turn and a very unlucky Brazuca. (and on a line through Brazuca ,Marinaresco is well held by Abashiri!)
He then won 2 legs of the winter series(averaging 1 lgth superiority over Whisky Baron,who has improved with gelding.)
He went to Durban and placed in the weakest July for years(Where Abashiri confirmed the superiority at level weights adjustment) and then beat Judicial! :huh:
He may well have improved past all those but he wouldn't be the first overrated hero on the forum! ;)
His best advantage over the visitors is home ground!
Last Edit: 02 Jan 2017 21:48 by rob faux.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fafi

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 02 Jan 2017 22:00 #647270

  • wonbyamile
  • wonbyamile's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 4545
  • Thank you received: 43
Whiskey Baron/ Legal Eagle good double?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 03 Jan 2017 08:24 #647291

  • Frodo
  • Frodo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 9120
  • Thank you received: 457
rob faux wrote:
fafi wrote:
MasterOfMyFate wrote:
Whisky Baron, Horizon, Marinaresco. Write-ups later in the week.

Lets look at Marinarescos wins starting with
Tekkie 1600 take out Whisky Baron and what are you left with
Winter Classic looks like a rerun of the above
and the last one at Greyville has only produced one winner in Bezanova
Brazucas form is inconsistent but a line with him and then Noah both Legal Eagle and Abashiri has the beating of Marinaresco and because they were closer on their last i think a back to best Abashiri will be ahead of both of them

Maybe I'm smoking dope too but Marinaresco has still not PROVED he is as good as he is been touted ....not yet anyway.
The reminder is Bob's grade 1 thread.
Marinaresco got beaten in the Cape Derby ,at level weights by Wait My Turn and a very unlucky Brazuca. (and on a line through Brazuca ,Marinaresco is well held by Abashiri!)
He then won 2 legs of the winter series(averaging 1 lgth superiority over Whisky Baron,who has improved with gelding.)
He went to Durban and placed in the weakest July for years(Where Abashiri confirmed the superiority at level weights adjustment) and then beat Judicial! :huh:
He may well have improved past all those but he wouldn't be the first overrated hero on the forum! ;)
His best advantage over the visitors is home ground!

I have been saying the same all the while, BUT ........ his last run in the Green Point imo showed that he is the real deal ..... I have backed both Marinaresco and Legal Eagle Ante-Post in the Met - those price surely can't last and will even be gone after the Queens Plate imo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 03 Jan 2017 08:45 #647295

  • Craig Pienaar
  • Craig Pienaar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2303
  • Thank you received: 274
Based on the green point run , legal eagle will never beat marinaresco again over 1600 and further , fill your boots all :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 03 Jan 2017 08:50 #647296

  • rob faux
  • rob faux's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 9998
  • Thank you received: 580
Frodo wrote:
rob faux wrote:
fafi wrote:
MasterOfMyFate wrote:
Whisky Baron, Horizon, Marinaresco. Write-ups later in the week.

Lets look at Marinarescos wins starting with
Tekkie 1600 take out Whisky Baron and what are you left with
Winter Classic looks like a rerun of the above
and the last one at Greyville has only produced one winner in Bezanova
Brazucas form is inconsistent but a line with him and then Noah both Legal Eagle and Abashiri has the beating of Marinaresco and because they were closer on their last i think a back to best Abashiri will be ahead of both of them


Maybe I'm smoking dope too but Marinaresco has still not PROVED he is as good as he is been touted ....not yet anyway.
The reminder is Bob's grade 1 thread.
Marinaresco got beaten in the Cape Derby ,at level weights by Wait My Turn and a very unlucky Brazuca. (and on a line through Brazuca ,Marinaresco is well held by Abashiri!)
He then won 2 legs of the winter series(averaging 1 lgth superiority over Whisky Baron,who has improved with gelding.)
He went to Durban and placed in the weakest July for years(Where Abashiri confirmed the superiority at level weights adjustment) and then beat Judicial! :huh:
He may well have improved past all those but he wouldn't be the first overrated hero on the forum! ;)
His best advantage over the visitors is home ground!

I have been saying the same all the while, BUT ........ his last run in the Green Point imo showed that he is the real deal ..... I have backed both Marinaresco and Legal Eagle Ante-Post in the Met - those price surely can't last and will even be gone after the Queens Plate imo

This is what racing is all about for me-testing our theories and being paid on the odd occasion we are right-
I have watched the Green Point many times and It is hard to know which Legal Eagle that was -my opinion is that Marcus was taking it easy until he realized M was gaining ....he gave LE a squeeze and LE was going the better again at the death.....but that is just my opinion -I'm looking forward to seeing the puzzle resolved over the next 6 months as I am still not convinced that Jhb and cT horses produce their best in each other's backyards.
I have backed LE for both races but will still determine Who I Dutch him with in the Met!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 03 Jan 2017 08:55 #647297

  • Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 59334
  • Thank you received: 3004
Craig Pienaar wrote:
Based on the green point run , legal eagle will never beat marinaresco again over 1600 and further , fill your boots all :woohoo:

I was of the opinion Legal Eagle toyed with the Green Point Field
......................................................................................................................................

www.africanbettingclan.com

@SAFBETTINGCLAN

FACEBOOK
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rob faux

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 03 Jan 2017 10:53 #647307

  • elmer
  • elmer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 216
  • Thank you received: 11
Peninsula hdcp St Tropez Given a great chance by the handicappers
Weighted to win
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 03 Jan 2017 14:13 #647332

  • Frodo
  • Frodo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 9120
  • Thank you received: 457
rob faux wrote:
Frodo wrote:
rob faux wrote:
fafi wrote:
MasterOfMyFate wrote:
Whisky Baron, Horizon, Marinaresco. Write-ups later in the week.

Lets look at Marinarescos wins starting with
Tekkie 1600 take out Whisky Baron and what are you left with
Winter Classic looks like a rerun of the above
and the last one at Greyville has only produced one winner in Bezanova
Brazucas form is inconsistent but a line with him and then Noah both Legal Eagle and Abashiri has the beating of Marinaresco and because they were closer on their last i think a back to best Abashiri will be ahead of both of them


Maybe I'm smoking dope too but Marinaresco has still not PROVED he is as good as he is been touted ....not yet anyway.
The reminder is Bob's grade 1 thread.
Marinaresco got beaten in the Cape Derby ,at level weights by Wait My Turn and a very unlucky Brazuca. (and on a line through Brazuca ,Marinaresco is well held by Abashiri!)
He then won 2 legs of the winter series(averaging 1 lgth superiority over Whisky Baron,who has improved with gelding.)
He went to Durban and placed in the weakest July for years(Where Abashiri confirmed the superiority at level weights adjustment) and then beat Judicial! :huh:
He may well have improved past all those but he wouldn't be the first overrated hero on the forum! ;)
His best advantage over the visitors is home ground!

I have been saying the same all the while, BUT ........ his last run in the Green Point imo showed that he is the real deal ..... I have backed both Marinaresco and Legal Eagle Ante-Post in the Met - those price surely can't last and will even be gone after the Queens Plate imo

This is what racing is all about for me-testing our theories and being paid on the odd occasion we are right-
I have watched the Green Point many times and It is hard to know which Legal Eagle that was -my opinion is that Marcus was taking it easy until he realized M was gaining ....he gave LE a squeeze and LE was going the better again at the death.....but that is just my opinion -I'm looking forward to seeing the puzzle resolved over the next 6 months as I am still not convinced that Jhb and cT horses produce their best in each other's backyards.
I have backed LE for both races but will still determine Who I Dutch him with in the Met!

Imo in the Green Point, Legal Eagle hit the front too soon; although I did not watch the race again, my initial impression was that Marinaresco would have run past LE were the race 50 metres further - however that does not mean that M will automatically beat LE 'next time' - as I'm sure LE, in addition to racing perhaps too handy, will most likely also improve on that run; be that as it may, the fact remains that M beat a very good horse like Captain America easily going away - so that is why I say M has shown himself a top horse on that run - luck in running may well play it's part in both the QP and the MET :unsure:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 03 Jan 2017 17:44 #647375

  • PeterD
  • PeterD's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 970
  • Thank you received: 825
Some early thoughts for Friday:
Race 1: Of the Moon is the one to beat. We have Dark Goddess running- has an ew shout. Watch betting on the Nel first timer.
Race 2: Figaro and Mtoroshanga look the right two
Race 3:Margylle and Elusive Touch have good form. One More Round is on the upgrade and is a narrow selection.
Race 4: Candid has top weight and disappointed last time, but can make amends here. Very competitive race.
Race 5: I Travel Light drops in class and is a confident selection. Cape Fling is still unexposed and is the danger.
Race 6: We have Silvan Star running and despite her wide draw she is a big runner. This race is wide open.
Race 7: Carry on Alice should have cone on from her last run, and is selected to win. Royal Princess will prefer this 1200m and is the main danger. Scandal won't be far off.
Race 8: Al Wahed appeals with the 4kg claimer. Hereford gets a senior jockey for the first time and should be a factor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: P.A Buster

Kenilworth Friday and Saturday 03 Jan 2017 18:17 #647380

  • PeterD
  • PeterD's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 970
  • Thank you received: 825
Early thoughts for Saturday:
Race 1: Cherry Bliss to pip the onslaught of Snaith runners.
Race 2: On these big days, expect some smart first timers. We have Romantic Crusade running. Good debut and she and Lacerta are the ones to beat that have raced.
Race 3: Oh Behave to beat Union Jack
Race 4: Whisky Baron needs to win this well to justify his place in the Met, and he is a banker despite this being a handicap. MacDuff and St Tropez to follow him home.
Race 5: Horizon another banker. Danger is Newlands.
Race 6: Bela Bela is the best of the older fillies. Safe Harbour has the best 3yo form. We have Final Judgement running- she had no luck in the Fillies Guineas and we expect a good run from her. A strong field this year with lots of depth.
Race 7: Legal Eagle remains the best miler in the country and I expect him to win. Marinaresco is still improving and is the main danger. Captain America is always a threat over a mile.
Race 8: Royal Badge enjoyed the step up in trip last time and could win again if enjoying the extra.
Race 9: She's a Giver is slung in at the weights here.
Race 10: Elusive Path is the one to beat.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnnycomelately, mike88, jimbo, PETERPAN
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

The views expressed on the AfricanBettingClan.com/co.za are not necessarily the views held by the proprietors of the site. Therefore AfricanBettingClan.com/co.za will not be responsible for any content posted.

No persons under the age of 18 years are permitted to gamble. National Responsible Gambling Programme and its toll free number (0800 006 008)

African Betting Clan | www.africanbettingclan.com | info@africanbettingclan.com