ABC will not tolerate any hate speech, bigotry behaviour that is not constructive and kind.

The President's Keepers launch abandoned

• Dark Horse Thoroughbreds
  • Dark Horse Thoroughbreds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

The President's Keepers launch abandoned

6 years 5 months ago
JOHANNESBURG - Hyde Park shopping centre in Johannesburg was full to overflowing on Wednesday night as Jaques Pauw's explosive book on President Jacob Zuma, The President's Keepers, was launched.

The book launch, however, had to be abandoned due to issues with electricity supply.

Earlier on Wednesday, the controversial Black First Land First (BLF) group promised "a nice surprise" for the book launch.

The book has recorded record sales, especially after the State Security Agency and the South African Revenue Service (SARS) announced it intends blocking the book's publication through legal action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: The President's Keepers launch abandoned

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago
....too late....not one of those people that try to block the book now..... have a leg to stand on.....that writer has got much more ammo than them....and to haul him off to court will open an even a bigger Pandora,,,,, :ohmy:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Muhtiman. Reason: more to much

• easy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

6 years 5 months ago
So my take on this book and South African's in general

The book quite rightly investigates and highlights theft corruption and other crimes

The book is Launched and within 12 minutes

I have 2 copies on email
and
48 Whats app messages with the book completely BREAKING copyright law and therefore breaking the law
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

6 years 5 months ago
I have had to stop watching 403 or you wont sleep in SA, the wheels are coming off big time.

• mickeyblue
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

6 years 5 months ago
easy wrote: So my take on this book and South African's in general

The book quite rightly investigates and highlights theft corruption and other crimes

The book is Launched and within 12 minutes

I have 2 copies on email
and
48 Whats app messages with the book completely BREAKING copyright law and therefore breaking the law

I've had this argument with a couple of people who have shared this and have blatantly been asking for people to send it to them.

If you get a free copy, the least you can do is go out and but a hardcopy when available. The writer didn't put himself through all of this for people to steal his work and not earn his dues.

He's come out himself and said that if you absolutely cannot afford the book then sure, read the free copy and educate yourself as to the thieving and pillaging that keeps happening. If not then join the queue and buy a copy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds