:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

• Craig Pienaar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Fears and thoughts on 21days ?

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago
Some idiot walking his dog and all the dogs in the neighborhood barking like crazy , seems like just another normal morning
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Craig Pienaar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
.....yeah I may get a bit of guff on that issue too.....took my dog for a drive and topped up with petrol.....sneaked a walk around a shopping centre.....we looked like a security patrol..:blink: ..then back at home walked him in our complex and just know there will be flak....but I got some serious leverage with my body corp.....my lawyer is on speed dial and they have not resolved a serious issue about building an illegal structure adjacent to my property....:whistle:

• ElvisisKing
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
Nice clip there Dave from Marmalade, a real classic...one of the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
Dave Scott wrote: Day one :
Anyone out and about?
How is the feeling is it rather strange?
Maybe like one of these movies from the future .......
Could be a long stint

......very strange and a bit spooky when driving on they freeway in broad daylight with no traffic really felt like I was on drugs or in a movie....was jolted back to reality when stopped by traffic cops manning a speed device near Wadeville....handed him a folder with so many permits and official bumf he crapped his pants...especially when I challenged him to write the fine ..and without even checking my papers he let me go....on my way back an hour later they were no where to be seen.... :whistle:

• Farawaysaint
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
We live in a fenced Retirement Centre and this morning my wife through the Manager got a ruling regarding walking the dog"inside an Estate".
Evidently the legal aspect is muddled on this specific case,so we have been informed that Charlie(West Highland Terrier) can be walked inside the Complex,at own risk.In addition must be done in isolation,away from anybody.
Separately ,ENCA news, this morning, sent a feed from Alexandria that made my blood run cold.
Queues at Supermarket ,with Taxi's driving around etc etc.
As I am 79 this year I have been put under house arrest!:unsure:

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
Sometimes its not hard to understand why "they" hate us so much with our white privilege.

• Tux

4 years 3 weeks ago
Did anyone for one moment consider that "they" live from hand to mouth. Unfortunately they don't have reserves so that they also can buy in bulk and cause panic among shoppers.

Some only got paid today hence the rush to get their groceries. The one lady who was interviewed said that she stood in the queue since 5am. Only 100 shoppers were allowed in the supermarket. After doing shopping they must still take public transport home hence the taxis.

On a normal day hundreds of workers stand in a queue after 18:00 waiting for a Putco bus to take them home to Alexander, Soweto, etc. Majority are mothers who get home after19:30 and must still cook and take care of their families. I can go on and on.

It's easy to speak from a position of privilege. Put yourself in their position for a moment and let's see if your response will still be the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Muhtiman, Frodo, mr hawaii, Over the Air

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
.....the majority of people I observed driving around on the freeway in cars were not white....the places I called on were not staffed by white people either....but being a 60 year old white delivery boy surely gets you jerked around by those that feel they now have that privilege....:blush:

• Tux

4 years 3 weeks ago
In a country where 87% of the population is black, do you expect to find a over- concentration of white people on the freeway. Surely logic dictates.

Why must everything always be about race? Whenever people can't get their way the race narrative pops it's head.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
....not about race but purpose....sure the demographics would dictate a higher percentage of blacks however the people and their mode of transport that I observed clearly indicated that they were not driving to or from a job nor a shopping centre nor doing a critical delivery nor collections they were not Uber or Taxify. drivers...sure there were a lot more delivery and work vehicles but for smaller passenger cars no whites on the freeway N3 Midrand to Wadeville and return I saw no taxis either.....logic and pure observation would indicate that most were out on a "jolly" joy ride because the freeyways are not being patrolled....:unsure:

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
Muhtiman wrote: .....the majority of people I observed driving around on the freeway in cars were not white....the places I called on were not staffed by white people either....but being a 60 year old white delivery boy surely gets you jerked around by those that feel they now have that privilege....:blush:

.....this new role of aged delivery boy is my adapt or die strategy to survive the current Corona crisis.....my company that I work for will not survive this crisis.....they were basically t!ts up in October last year when my salary was halved and brick wall time was the announcement of the lock down.....I have since October taken a consultancy position to supplement the salary shortfall.....however I can only invoice for my face to face time with customers and prospects thus I receive no increment during the lockdown......my wife has a chemical supply company and is owed over ZAR2.4BAR by debtors beyond 200 days....we have not paid bond nor car for 4 months.....and by her sheer determination and my intense observation we more recently picked up a supply contract for a cash paying customer that is in the forefront of launching a unique aerosol hand sanitizer that has the government seal of approval.....and I now do the specialty chemical collections and deliveries as we fear outsourcing logistics would compromise the operation as we are sourcing local materials that could be supplied directly from the suppliers we buy from....it has not been easy for me to be f@cked around every time when I collect these products after we have meticulously sent our paper work and proof of payments in advance and yet made to wait while others arriving later are helped and loaded before me....am I despised because I am doing a job that could be given to another....:huh:

• MissT
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

4 years 3 weeks ago
So my first day of lockdown and I was stopped in a roadblock. I was asked what I was doing and replied "heading to my place of work" . I then gave all the relevant docs that give me permission to be on the road and was told that I'm trying to be clever!! My products that are manufactured are not about life or death and so I shouldn't be out despite the docs clearly saying that they are essential necessities including medical products. I was moved to the side of the road and told i was being detained. I got out of the car and began to make a call the owner of the buisness when s second cop asked me what I was doing. I said I was reporting to the owner of the company and was then calling the company lawyer. At this point the group of Sap members got together in a huddle then came over to me aggressively and told me to get away and be careful if I thknk I'm too smart. I drove away after 31 mins of frustration and anger. On top of this none of the officers conducting the road block had masks or gloves and handled all my paperwork. The arrogance and disrespect for both the virus and citizens was disgusting. Hopefully this isn't going to get worse. We need the lockdown for sure what we don't need are untrained personal who's egos get the better of them. This isnt about race religion or anything else. Its about a serious virus that will decimate people of all colours and religions but some just dont seem able to grasp this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman, wonbyamile

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds