:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Fears and thoughts on 21days ?

4 years 2 weeks ago
....sounds like you in a Stalig.....meantime I went out earlier and now see some really pushing the envelope....joggers 2 of them....and it looks like cops have been picnicking in the spot where I secretly walk my dog.....I found discarded amongst the litter of food packaging uncompleted SAPS statement forms where they have recorded a Pakistani name and passport number....:whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 2 weeks ago
My wife's been whining for some time now
Wanting me to take her on a cruise
Now we've been married for twenty-five years
So she wasn't gonna let me refuse

So we packed up our bags and off we went
Kinda like a second honeymoon
I said, "Fix us some sandwiches to eat on the way"
Then I told her we'd be there soon

She said, "Where are we going Hawaii or Bahamas?"
I said, "This place is better than that"
We stopped at a place that said, "Paddle Boats Here"
I said, "We're here, now don't forget your hat"

Well, now needless to say, I did something wrong
'Cause my wife started throwing such a fit
We went around circles for at least twenty minutes
'Cause everytime I'd paddle, she'd quit

Now I wasn't gonna pay for no life perservers
My bicycle tubes worked fine
My wife had that tube wrapped around her neck
And both of her hands around mine

Well, to make a long story short, she'll never forget
That time I took her on a cruise
And everytime I even try to forget it
I remember that horrible bruise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frodo, ElvisisKing

• fingers
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

4 years 2 weeks ago
day 6
we have to take out the garbage
my wife's so excited she cannot decide what to wear

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 2 weeks ago
fingers wrote: day 6
we have to take out the garbage
my wife's so excited she cannot decide what to wear

:lol: :lol: :lol: ......thanks for the reminder....also forgot that my dog cannot sh!t while on a leash.....and the 50kg Malamutt has left much for me to collect and dispose in the bin before I take it out.....:sick:

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

4 years 2 weeks ago
Classic is the mrs S not that great at on line stuff
She gives me a call to help load card etc
I notice del is 20th April ( a few days after lockdown)
Truth was thats the only del slot they have.

Might be a chance to escape tomorrow plus spar goes on 24 hr shifts from Thursday.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

4 years 2 weeks ago
“Don’t eat, Gamble, smoke, drink too much during isolation “

Message from guy on Sky News now 😂😂😂

As if!

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago
Muhtiman wrote:
Sylvester wrote: i would like to have seen the broadband/Cellular companies make free data available to all clients.

lots of people from informal settlements dont have uncapped contracts. they use wifi hotspots etc when they are out and about.

this would allow people to study at home etc

would reduce people walking about as well , sure other social benefits as well.

.....lets see if Vodacom stands by their announcement of a 30% drop in data costs from next month....this was announced before the Corona virus issues became more prevalent locally and now the subsequent lock down....also they were giving away free data almost daily through their current "shake and win" promotion and I have not seen a data freebie for nearly a month now and I have several Vodacom devices....currently my home fibre is spluttering, splurging and cutting out and this is during working hours....how will we cope when a majority are at home from Friday....:whistle:

.......looks like Vodacom have not come to the party as reported.....my current contracts have not been increased by the 30%.....last time a decrease in data charges was announced they followed through by increasing the amount of data from 500mb to 650.....today NADA....:angry:

Vodacom to slash data prices by at least 30%, clients to get free access to some websites
Mar 10 2020 11:47 Londiwe Buthelezi

RELATED ARTICLES
Vodacom adds almost 500,000 new clients in SA as prices drop
Competition Commission wants Vodacom, MTN to reduce data prices
Data Market Inquiry: MTN prepared to defend itself before Competition Tribunal
MTN, Vodacom to slash data prices or face prosecution; all providers must give free data daily - competition watchdog

All Vodacom customers are set to pay at least 30% less for their data bundles, as the mobile operator has agreed to slash its prices and provide free internet access to the poor, as demanded by the Competition Commission in December.

The mobile operator’s CEO Shameel Joosub said the company will sacrifice R2.7 billion a year as part of the agreement. From 1 April, a one gigabyte of Vodacom data will cost no more than R99, compared to the current R149, translating to a 34% price decrease.

The company will further decrease its bundle prices in April next year, which will mean more than a 40% price reduction, said the minister of trade and industry, Ebrahim Patel.

Tembinkosi Bonakele, Commissioner of the SA Competition Commission, said talks were underway with all the other mobile operators, and that negotiations were in at "quite advanced" stages with some. Bonakele expects to conclude new price deals with other operators "sooner [rather] than later".

Free access to sites

Vodacom will also, from next month, zero-rate a number of websites. This means that its subscribers won't have to use their internet bundles to access university portals, Wikipedia, and certain government e-service portals and departmental websites, like those of the department of home affairs and school enrolment platforms.

Job seekers will also have free access to seven approved job portals.

Vodacom's Facebook Flex, which allows subscribers to access a "data light" version of the social platform on their phones for free, will also be extended to all subscribers.

About 2 000 suburbs and villages living below the poverty line will get personalised discounts, over and above the zero-rating and discounts given to all customers. The commission did not disclose the value of these pro-poor discounts to protect "competitive elements" of the deal.

Bonakele said customers buying low-value bundles would benefit the most from these discounts.

"Shameel [Joosub] has been a very tough and robust negotiator, but has handled these negotiations with the necessary compassion for his clients," said Bonakele.

Joosub said the mobile operator chose to "constructively engage" with the commission instead of fighting it following the release of its final report into data pricing in December.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Muhtiman. Reason: charges
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 2 weeks ago
see that they are offering some of these discounts on new data contracts and once off deals from today.....but no benefit for those who already got contracts.... :whistle:

• Felix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

4 years 2 weeks ago
Muhti

I have a 3 Gigs Vodacom contract,had it for years,I checked last night and had 4.15 Gigs was still available,checked today and rollover data gone. Balance check says I have 6 G available,did a detailed balance check and my rollover data is gone and the 6G is for two months.The sneaky fuckers,not only has my rollover data gone but if i didn't do a detailed check I would have used the 6 Gigs thinking that it was for April and not spread over two months.Perhaps I'm not understanding the detailed balance thing,not sure who to contact.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 2 weeks ago
.....these okes are the biggest bandits in the country.....we cancelled all our personal contracts as we were being robbed monthly....have only 2 company contracts...:blink:

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 2 weeks ago
.....they continue to be masters of deception.....these new deals are under a new separate icon *Red Hot Offers" on their Vodacom App.....yet still have the normal pricing under any of the other icons....:huh:

....then they are still giving daily prizes for discounts at Jet and Edgars...and are closed due to the lock down.....:S

• ElvisisKing
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 2 weeks ago
Dave Scott wrote: Classic is the mrs S not that great at on line stuff
She gives me a call to help load card etc
I notice del is 20th April ( a few days after lockdown)
Truth was thats the only del slot they have.

Might be a chance to escape tomorrow plus spar goes on 24 hr shifts from Thursday.

APRIL FOOLS DAVE :P ;) :cheer: :) :P ;) :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds