Greyville Poly, Monday 18 October

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Greyville Poly, Monday 18 October

2 years 5 months ago

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zain Nabi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Greyville Poly, Monday 18 October

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago
I have set a reminder on Gold Circles podcast about Sean Veale's talk on gangsters, money and alcohol. Which premieres today evening at 5pm.

I guess Sean will be lying about gangsters in Durban as there is no real gangs in Durban any longer. The only real one I know is me :evil: How can you be a gangster and not get involved in a high speed chase?

With regards to money I have proof of cashiers taking large sums of bets on horses and then canceling the tickets id they loose.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Zain Nabi.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 5 months ago
Duncan’s comments

We have several runners at Hollywoodbets Greyville today.

Race 2 Poppy Of Bayeux (5) - She hasn't shown her true potential and if reproducing her best, can give a good account.
Race 3 Head Gardener (6) - He should have finished closer in his last run and will give a good account.
Race 4 Iqembulabesifazane (9) - She showed useful improvement on poly last time out and if reproducing, can go close.
Race 5 Naval Secret (6) - He is showing all the signs of looking for further and will give a good account of himself.
Race 6 Quepid (1) - She gets a 4kgs claim and with better luck in running should give a good account of herself.
Race 9 Gingerspathtoglory (11) - She is racing consistently and can upset.

Image: Gingerspathtoglory // Candiese Lenferna Photography

#howellsracing #comments

• bayern
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I have set a reminder on Gold Circles podcast about Sean Veale's talk on gangsters, money and alcohol. Which premieres today evening at 5pm.

I guess Sean will be lying about gangsters in Durban as there is no real gangs in Durban any longer. The only real one I know is me :evil: How can you be a gangster and not get involved in a high speed chase?

With regards to money I have proof of cashiers taking large sums of bets on horses and then canceling the tickets id they loose.

Not sure if i understand this correctly, but surely it's impossible to cancel any ticket after the race has been run? If your assertion is correct/true, then it is no wonder horse racing is in a downward spiral in SA.

Cancelling a ticket before the running of a race is possible, no dispute there, but i find it hard to believe the high-light is possible.
Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by bayern.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 5 months ago
Aye Zain you must post the proof!!!

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
If Zain is referring to cancelling tote tickets and not open bet tickets, I find it hard to believe. A good mate of mine worked on the tote for many years on the weekend, firstly selling tickets, then being in charge of a betting area and ending up managing raceday tote staff. I asked him about the cancelling of tickets and he told me that it is impossible to cancel a ticket after the race has closed for obvious reasons. Controls are in place that prohibited any teller to cancel tickets because a number of tellers were memorising unique ticket numbers and manually cancelling them once the punter had left the window. So in a betting hall of 20 tellers, 2 designated tellers were assigned the duty to cancel bets alongside their selling responsibilities.

Zain bring the evidence, I say you are dreaming son it doesnt happen at a teller level.

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Not sure if i understand this correctly, but surely it's impossible to cancel any ticket after the race has been run? If your assertion is correct/true, then it is no wonder horse racing is in a downward spiral in SA.

Cancelling a ticket before the running of a race is possible, no dispute there, but i find it hard to believe the high-light is possible.

I'm not sure how it works now but years ago a friend of mine owned a TAB in a Pub... A punter ran in and put R1000 wins on a horse as they were about to load - He told the operator that his friend was just parking the car and would bring in the cash in minutes . Race ran horse lost and the guy ran out - My mate had to pay in the grand - I seriously doubt you can cancel after the race without having to fill in extensive forms and provide ID proof and a valid reason - The auditors would pick up that a branch was cancelling routinely and if it could be done wide spread then the pools would drop after a loosing bet -

what also happened at that tote is that punters who knew the owner would call the operator and take a phine bet and then pay later when they came in... a certain operator was caught not putting on certain bets if she thought they would lose and then taking the punters money saying she had thrown away the losing tickets when she had actually not placed the bet - she was fired
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by mr hawaii.

• triple tempo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

2 years 5 months ago
My pics today

R2 Flag of Wren
R3 Head Gardner
R4. Cashew
R5.Crimson Causeway
R6.Jackson Wells
R7 Calgary

Triston Godden could have a good day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Pienaar

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 5 months ago
Deez's selections for today's action at #Greyville

BEST
R2 - Poppy Of Bayeux
VALUE
R5 - African Sunrise

JACKPOT
8/1/6/5

#BetWithWSB 🏇 ow.ly/YOVO50GsVBv

• Craig Pienaar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
de melo at his best in the 1st , another odds on gone missing

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
Check how many horses where already asked the question even before they turned for home.
Just too many running in KZN are not race horses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
What has happened to barrier trials?

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds