Re:Racing 240 is now available across all of Southern Africa

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:Racing 240 is now available across all of Southern Africa

2 years 1 month ago
i though my hearing aid was faulty. turned it up and nearly lost my hearing permanently watching race 3 from Kenilworth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 1 month ago
What does Mary think of this quality? She must be very pissed off.

Sent from my Lambo using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

• Saint T

2 years 1 month ago
@Sylvester & Mac,

It's also been a rough ride for Mary who thought its was going to be smooth sailing until a series of rough waves savagely disorientated her and the other little lambs

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 weeks ago
as bad as Tellytrack has been over the years. We have complained many times on ABC and Sporting post. Who could have thought we would miss it when its gone.

Between Gold Circle and 4Racing they have successfully stuffed up, not just local racing coverage but also International coverage.

I for on will not be jumping thru hoops to get access to something i have had for X number of years. 4Racing even for free is not value. so to pay them to watch their offering seems perverse. Even Netflix offers 30 day trials. Not them.

From tomorrow gonna have a lot of free time. Thinking of trying Lawn Bowls at the local Suger Mommy Club (err mean Old age home)

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 weeks ago
Its a sad day. Might not have been everyones favorite but I feel really sorry for Cecil.

With not all centres available in one channel or via streaming, the pools are going to decline considerably.

Our local commingling which I think is called Saftote, I don't know what type of agreement the three players have, 4Racing, Kenilworth Racing and Gold Circle. I presume if the bet is taken through one of them, they get the almost full cut ie, even though the races might be in KZN, if a bet is placed at one of Phumelela betting avenues they will get majority of the take out. If you not showing each others racing, pools will decline and so will their revenue.

I have asked before, Western Cape has no Internet betting site so the only revenue they getting is through their Tote Outlets and Agencies. They might have the best horses but are going to need the most handouts to obtain their stakes. Their source of income is minimal through punting unless they have sold their pictures locally to Phumelela and Gold Circle at a fixed price.

• GGpunter

Re: Re:Re:Re:Racing 240 is now available across all of Southern Africa

2 years 4 weeks ago
naresh wrote: Its a sad day. Might not have been everyones favorite but I feel really sorry for Cecil.

With not all centres available in one channel or via streaming, the pools are going to decline considerably.

Our local commingling which I think is called Saftote, I don't know what type of agreement the three players have, 4Racing, Kenilworth Racing and Gold Circle. I presume if the bet is taken through one of them, they get the almost full cut ie, even though the races might be in KZN, if a bet is placed at one of Phumelela betting avenues they will get majority of the take out. If you not showing each others racing, pools will decline and so will their revenue.

I have asked before, Western Cape has no Internet betting site so the only revenue they getting is through their Tote Outlets and Agencies. They might have the best horses but are going to need the most handouts to obtain their stakes. Their source of income is minimal through punting unless they have sold their pictures locally to Phumelela and Gold Circle at a fixed price.
I just think Gold circle and 4racing have made a complete mess of horse racing on the viewing broadcasting of the race meetings they should have worked together for the sake of game and most of all for the punters they have disregarded the surporters of the sport the audience that was built up and market that did excist they are going to pay the price imo

Sent from my SM-J400F using Tapatalk

• Craig Pienaar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Racing 240 is now available across all of Southern Africa

2 years 4 weeks ago - 2 years 4 weeks ago
no one cares about KZN racing except when it is July so no surprise there , wont be long before the July is no more imvho
Last edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by Craig Pienaar.

• Craig Pienaar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 4 weeks ago
all the sheep will be following 240 and there rubbish picture etc good luck gents thank god today is my last day watching this shite

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
Tellytrack still showing visuals on 249.

And the broadcast differs from 240.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
.......said I would throw my toys if they f@cked with the free gift box......well this morning I turned on the TV and got a frozen screen......the box did not respond to the remote either.....went to take the dog for an early walk.....returned and rebooted the box.....guess what.....it is now Gallop TV.....:woohoo: .....4Q have given away the jewels.....they are now mearly a 2nd option as I can now stream their sh!t through the TAB betting site and will no longer use their site for punting....:dry:

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
..but I am still as confused as a chameleon on a Smarties box.....as it would seem that both Gallop TV and 4Q's racing 240 are now both available on the free gift box......I guess the true evaluation would come later today when one should get the clean racing feed from the Vaal......:unsure:

• FUTURA

2 years 3 weeks ago
Instead of paying loyalties to Whitney Houston ( that must cost a fortune if they are ) please just hire a presenter!

And we are still not getting the same quality picture that we did on 249.

Why have they got an SD channel on DStv and not an HD channel?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds