JUAN NEL, licence suspended

• Mark Sham

Re: JUAN NEL, licence suspended

1 year 9 months ago
Mikesack, this stipe/clerk of scales was employed during Moodley and Hyde era. It’s been going on for years under their noses. If more jocks were as brave as Andrew they would back these issues up.

Look at the fines handed down by these two and investigate a few of the fines that seem unfair. There are always personal issues involved between those fined and the heads of NHA and I mean in both ways, too heavy and too light compared to others

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago
Fortune was not clear as to his weight cheats....knowing his battle with the scale perhaps he was overweight and that was not declared so as to avoid a fine or a restriction on rides he could take...have there been occasions where jocks were allowed to ride under weight?...Are all weights now registred automatically without the possibility of human Intervention?..Will the NHRA take action against this Jockey and Stipe....I think the evidence is pretty clear as one of the actors has admitted he cheated and he would have no good reason to fabricate that as it incriminates him.... I now question the fabric of racing ...Are all objections and inquiries legit?Can I trust that all horses are carrying the correct weight? Are the stipes allowing horses to use races as training gallops? Are we to believe that specimens are all taken correctly and are tested without bias?
If ever there was a good reason to give up punting then this is it.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by mr hawaii.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the fantasy, durbs

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
Are the stipes allowing horses to use races as training gallops?

GVN admitted to looking after a few horses two weeks back.
Got called in and warned to watch what he says on air,nothing else.
Obviously riding to trainers instructions.

• Saint T

1 year 9 months ago
The Andrew Fortune admissions is unfortunate for the vast majority of us that are patrons to an industry that can be manipulated by a handful of self serving individuals.

If anyone is shocked by Andrew's confessions, I will personally pay for you to have your head checked / the rock excavated so you can see the light.

Let's not fall into the trap of judging and crucifying Andrew nor the clerk of scales. The focus should be on how do we introduce a level of checks and balances (transparency) to ensure that the industry rids itself of such practices.

A camera on the scales is an obvious solution when the jockey weighs-out [with a live feed on the NHA website] - no person is allowed to touch the saddle / the jockey until he back weighs-in (exceptions being the NHA licensed employees).

The current feeble attempt at Turffontein (by 4Q camera) to show jockey's weighing-in is inadequate to say the least. NHA need to take full responsibility and deliver solutions.

PS. NHA to advise on the following - Whether other licensed individuals who have knowledge / have participated in similar acts to Andrew Fortune's confessions will receive the necessary protection from prosecution. The Protected Disclosures Act applies to employees and its unclear whether such protection will extend to licensed individuals. NHA to advise.

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
Mikesack, this stipe/clerk of scales was employed during Moodley and Hyde era. It’s been going on for years under their noses. If more jocks were as brave as Andrew they would back these issues up.
$xxxxxcccxxxxxxxxxxxxccxxxxxx

Something doesn't add up here.
According to the stats AF stopped riding in late 2017.

Vee Moodley took up his duties at the Nhra as of January 2019.]

So AF could not have given THIS Stipe a brown envelope if the Stipe was employed during the Vee Moodley commencement of employment at Nhra.

Whether Hyde was in charge I don't know but from 2016 a Lynton Barends was head of NHRA.

• Mark Sham

1 year 9 months ago
He was clerk of scales in Andrews time ..Also during Moodley’s time he became a stipe

• jim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 year 9 months ago
mark you say juan shot him with his air pistol as a joke. please explain the joke to me. i dont get it. as a youngster of around 12 when i started shooting shot guns and then during my national service i was always taught rule number one is never ever point a gun of any sort at anybody unless you intend to possibly kill them.

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Jim I believe that the incident took place late after racing on the Friday night and its not a stretch to factor in the alcohol factor here. Many things may seem funny at the time when in fact they are less so.

I fully believe that the NHA have no right to interfere in what was clearly an incident that happened outside of a racing facility. Who made the NHA judge and jury of racing peoples lifes? Fortune in his article on SP mentions if he gets hit by his wife at home can he approach the NHA for sanction? Seems ludicrous but the similarity holds true. The NHA are not the SAPS.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Over the Air.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii

• Mark Sham

1 year 9 months ago
Jim …You obviously never played with paintball gun that shoots much worse than a air gun ..I’m told jocks shoot each other everyday at Fairview .Now answer me a Question what was the Stipe doing in his Car in the First Place ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

• jim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 year 9 months ago
mark for the record pellet guns can kill people paintball guns not. in this case there are two wrongs. the fact someone fired an airgun at another person is the first issue. the second is the circumstances surrounding the event. i accept the behaviour of the stipe seems to be very wrong and must be investigated. you ask why the stipe was in the car. you also say people lent him money. my first question is why did anybody give him lifts and lend him money in the first place ? surely that crossed the line and compromised the lenders and lifters as much as it compromised the stipe ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii, the fantasy

• Mark Sham

Money was lent for him to live and not for cheating the scales. At that time he was earning only 1days wage a week and was always short.

The mark left by the pellet was no bigger than a lge pimple (again not saying it was right) Paintball guns leave much bigger welts…
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Mark Sham.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

• jim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 year 9 months ago
this is a can of worms. question is do you open it up and let the chips fall where they may or keep quiet and walk away. in your case forcing the issue with the nhra and making them dig deeper could lead to you facing some sort of charge for lending him money with no change to the outcome of the nel case. a lose lose result.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds