Trainer's Comments suggestions

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Trainer's Comments suggestions

1 year 8 months ago
....and some trainers are just plain clueless.....have punted some good sorts 1st time out when the trainer has said needs more ground...... and they turned out to be out and out sprinters......:ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
The fact is that horses make fools of us - case in point the 200/1 shot that just won the final race of the HK season :huh: maybe durbs can write to them on this terrible form reversal :P and here I was thinking it only happens in good old South Africa :dry:

.....check the Shatin thread on how I found that one....related to local Sire ....Qui Danzig a horse that many top breeders scoffed at because it won 1 minor race before being imported.....;)

.....just wish I had more ammo but it was a tough morning....:S

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
Does this trainer understand English? Does this trainer know what the phrase educational run means? Means you've done little to no work with the horse, and that you are not expecting much, nor do you have any idea what to expect from the horse.
Then, you've apparently, closer to race time, stated that you may be a little but more clued up about the horses chances. Who exactly does this help, given that in order for most punters to make money to support the game that keeps you in a job, you need the punters to be working, and not able to sit and listen to pre race comments, which is exactly why we have published comments in the official race card.

Then to give us the comment that, even though you know you have a horse that is capable of winning in a weak enough field (given you've advised that you still needed to assess the strength of the field before deciding on the ultimate chances of the horse), you decide that the best comment to make is Educational Run. Amazing.
But as I said up front, I am delusional.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago
If you are really desperate to listen to trainers then don’t listen with your ears but listen with your eyes. Look at his eyes, if they move to his right when he is blabbing then he’s probably bullshitting. (Frederick Fosythe, The Negotiater). 😉

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Mac.

• mr hawaii
  • mr hawaii's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
If you are really desperate to listen to trainers then don’t listen with your ears but listen with your eyes. Look at his eyes, if they move to his right when he is blabbing then he’s probably bullshitting. (Frederick Fosythe, The Negotiater). 😉

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

honestly i left this horse out of my bipot because i took my bets early and with the stable history and comments i expected an easy.. the betting support was there for all to see unless like me you put your bet down early - As an ex-owner I do believe the first run belongs to the owner BUT if you want to pull off a Coup show some concern and say "speedy filly" .. don't mislead - No matter what the trainer now says the owners knew enough to know this was not an educational run and got on - They took the bookies money but did not let the punters join them by underplaying their intentions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
A little bit different here Frodo.
This was not a first timer who's trainer said it was an educational run only to win by 8.5 lengths heavily backed.
We made to believe Peach Daiquiri made a fool of the trainer yet made no fool of whoever backed her.
10 Peach Daiquiri 8.33 7.14 6.25 5.56 3.57 3.33 2.86 2.50 2.27 2.50 2.86 2.50 2.27 2.50
Shortened 9 times so I really doubt the horse made a fool of a select few,they knew 100%

I was alluding to the point you have been making (on and on and again and again) that upsets occur in SA as either the stipes (or the trainers or the jocks) are clueless - as opposed to internationally where (according to durbs' gospel) this seldom happens

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
A little bit different here Frodo.
This was not a first timer who's trainer said it was an educational run only to win by 8.5 lengths heavily backed.
We made to believe Peach Daiquiri made a fool of the trainer yet made no fool of whoever backed her.
10 Peach Daiquiri 8.33 7.14 6.25 5.56 3.57 3.33 2.86 2.50 2.27 2.50 2.86 2.50 2.27 2.50
Shortened 9 times so I really doubt the horse made a fool of a select few,they knew 100%

I was alluding to the point you have been making (on and on and again and again) that upsets occur in SA as either the stipes (or the trainers or the jocks) are clueless - as opposed to internationally where (according to durbs' gospel) this seldom happens

I'm not sure of the race but i heard Molly crying that a 1/7 got rolled in the UK this week - four legs and a tail any anything is possible but not always probable

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago
Well it did take you a while to make your point which probably shows it doesn't happen as often as here,mainly in KZN.
And we have had two pick 6 carryovers in the last two meeting in KZN and I did point out a few weeks back we had three pick 6 carryovers in the four Monday race meetings at Greyville at one stage.
Sure upsets happen everywhere but with pick 6 carryovers it means it happens often at the same meeting not just one or two upsets per meeting.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by durbs.

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
Well it did take you a while to make your point which probably shows it doesn't happen as often as here,mainly in KZN.
And we have had two pick 6 carryovers in the last two meeting in KZN and I did point out a few weeks back we had three pick 6 carryovers in the four Monday race meetings at Greyville at one stage.
Sure upsets happen everywhere but with pick 6 carryovers it means it happens often at the same meeting not just one or two upsets per meeting.

kzn is the old Flamingo of 10 years ago - if they did not have a championship season nobody would punt there

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
Mr.H the results are worse than Flamingo park.
And why don't people want to punt?
Because it is the most inconsistent racing out there and when the form book doesn't mean much you really can't call that a game of skill can you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
.....I think many punters do not understand that horses and even connections do not price up.....so when a horse wins at some very high odds it did not mean that it had no chance or is a donkey....a fresh example is that 200/1 winner in Hong Kong this morning.....genetically it had a squeak.....had won a race in the UK with the Marco Botti stable which was dissolved and horses dispersed....someone convinced an owner/investor prospector to send it to Hong Kong....ran 3 races each with an excuse.....was cramped and crowded in 1st 2 runs and was eased up last time out....
.....the problem is that not many study enough and only follow the betting....but if you if you dive deep and have a wider understanding of horses and people the trends and tells....the game becomes more understanding and more pleasurable....:P

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
.....I think many punters do not understand that horses and even connections do not price up.....so when a horse wins at some very high odds it did not mean that it had no chance or is a donkey....a fresh example is that 200/1 winner in Hong Kong this morning.....genetically it had a squeak.....had won a race in the UK with the Marco Botti stable which was dissolved and horses dispersed....someone convinced an owner/investor prospector to send it to Hong Kong....ran 3 races each with an excuse.....was cramped and crowded in 1st 2 runs and was eased up last time out....
.....the problem is that not many study enough and only follow the betting....but if you if you dive deep and have a wider understanding of horses and people the trends and tells....the game becomes more understanding and more pleasurable....:P

maybe the Playgate owners understand betting

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds