COVID - 19 Daily Update Stats:

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785878 by Mac
SA has overtaken Aus numbers albeit with more than double the pop. Await Dave’s numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Lot 226, 2016 NYS, Diamondveld, R1.5m"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785879 by Magi
Mac, this is such an invasion of ones privacy . I would never put that app on my phone. Under whqt circumstances are you 15 minutes with someone? Travelling 9n publ8c transport? Then you an idiot if you dont take prevention methods like social distancing, mask, sanitizer etc. Other circumstances would be friends, family, colleagues. Those you can inform the medical staff who you have been in contact with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785882 by Dave Scott
Dave Scott on topic Re:Re:Re:COVID - 19 NHA
Update Monday 27th April

States 55415..............1150from yesterday
Italy 26644...................260
Spain 23190..............288
France 22856.............242
UK 20732.................413
China 4632 same ????
India 884..........59
Russia 747............66
Australia 83...........same
SA 87................1
Germany 5976.........99

Total deaths 207000............3711

PLEASE NOTE A MASSIVE DROP GLOBALLY IN THE TREND?
Could be a Sunday or lagging off info, but thankful for small mercies.....

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785884 by Sammy Silver
Sammy Silver on topic Re:Re:Re:COVID - 19 NHA
Guys how is it that Australia can stage 10+ race-meetings a day and we can barely stage 1 meeting.

Something has to drastically change in the way racing is run. We should move back to the club system and each province should hold races.

This improves the number of horses required, jockeys required and and the amount of stakes offered.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785888 by louisg
louisg on topic Re:Re:Re:COVID - 19 NHA
Sammy

Nothing to do with Club System or not. Govt makes the decision.

We have applied, put in a very detailed application in fact. Racing has stayed in constant contact with Govt and have gone way above what was expected in terms of isolation etc.

We currently wait anxiously for Govt decision as to whether we can race from Friday, under closed doors. And it hangs in the balance, right now...

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785890 by Dave Scott
Fingers and legs crossed for a positive outcome 👍👍
Well done to the efforts of racing people in the front line with Government officials 🙏

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785950 by Dave Scott
Update Tuesday 28th April

States 56803.............1388 from yesterday
Italy 26977..................333
Spain 23521..............331
France 23293............437
UK 21092................360
China
India 939 .........55
Russia 794...........53
Australia 84..........1
SA 90 ...............3
Germany 6126..........150

Total deaths 211631...........4631

PLEASE NOTE A MASSIVE DROP GLOBALLY IN THE TREND?
Could be a Sunday or lagging off info, but thankful for small mercies

Still the trend appears to be dropping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #785952 by mikesack
mikesack on topic Re:COVID - 19 NHA
Interesting thought provoking? Or a nutter? And he talks of an African or South African who did a presentation.

www.facebook.com/FlatEarthDoctrine/video..._rv__=related_videos
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by mikesack.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785985 by Mac
Ligue 1 & 2: France's top two divisions will not resume this season
BBC

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785994 by bayern
bayern on topic Re:COVID - 19 NHA

mikesack wrote: Interesting thought provoking? Or a nutter? And he talks of an African or South African who did a presentation.

www.facebook.com/FlatEarthDoctrine/video..._rv__=related_videos

Nonsense, and the countries which do not have 5G technology as yet, how are the people contracting the virus in those countries?

Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #785996 by Lionel
Lionel on topic Re:COVID - 19 NHA
Does anyone on ABC, know anyone, or know of anyone, that has this virus, that has shutdown the world?
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Lionel.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785997 by mikesack
mikesack on topic Re:Re:Re:Re:COVID - 19 NHA

mikesack wrote: CHECK the store in Bayside Mall in Tableview that's near Milnerton.
Another SHOP in Athlone, right.:)

The store in Bayside Mall not far from Milnerton is reopened or in the process of reopening. Saw an emotional prayer session in Xhosa held by the staff in the store for the two co-workers they lost after falling ill and failing to recover.:(

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #785999 by Dave Scott
Dave Scott on topic Re:COVID - 19 NHA

Lionel wrote: Does anyone on ABC, know anyone, or know of anyone, that has this virus, that has shutdown the world?

No and hopefully never will .

Still feel we have gone totally overboard with humanity vs economy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #786001 by Dave Scott
Dave Scott on topic Re:COVID - 19 NHA
Dear Mr. President,
From this month, my staff are without work. I need to explain to them and I am trying to join the dots. I have operated a small business and been self-employed for many years, ticking two boxes that your Government deems important; an entrepreneur and operating in the tourism sector.
While understanding your decision, those I hear supporting your course of action are from one of 4 categories:
1) Leaders of big corporates; larges salaries, personal wealth and the ability to move on to the next corporate venture, or their employees (for now)
2) Influencers and or high-profile media people, avoiding controversy for obvious reasons
3) Independently wealthy people who can hunker down for years if necessary and of course
4) Government employees.
I have not heard ANY small business owner, or those that live month to month – supporting this move. And by next week, definitely not any. I question what proportionate representation or input you have had from small business owners and the self-employed?
Everything in life is a risk. Mr. President, you would understand from the publicly-known information about you, be it political, corporate and dare I say, a personally what it means to take a risk.
To really understand our plight, may I suggest your entire Government, from Ministers, down - across all cities and municipalities, all have a major pay cut? Particularly if not essential service provider employees? You impose demands and restrictions on the very people that pay you, only for them, as a consequence of your decision to lose their income. Yet - Government employees are merely being inconvenienced at this time - all being paid. When, not a case of if, your Government needs more money, to keep paying the salaries – you will simply go and indebt the entire country to accomplish this. There is no tangible and immediate downside for a civil servant.
For us small businesses – our livelihoods are gone.
There simply cannot be empathy, when you are not experiencing the pain we are. The course of treatment is turning out to be far worse than the illness itself. Medically speaking; scientists’ predictions and government’s practitioners to whom you defer, simply deliver this - PREDICTIONS.
1. If scientists are indeed proven correct.
2. If the virus was so contagious.
3. If our underlying health conditions were going to worsen the mortality rate.
4. If the medical facilities could not cope.
If, these four ‘ifs’ become a ‘when’, ONLY then Mr. President, do we have a problem.
Four ‘ifs’ against a 100% dead certain economic AND long-term human catastrophe. I would suggest, ask the people and do a snap poll. Does your Government believe it is a) more knowledgeable b) certain and c) ready to disregard the will of the people?
I know all my staff losing their livelihood, including myself, would way prefer to run the risk of 4 ‘ifs.’
From where we are now, there will a major human cost; - suicides, domestic violence, grand theft, murder in the pursuit of theft, and petty looting – as a direct result of this lock down. But how bad and how many? It won’t AND can’t ever be accurately accounted for.
While deferring doomsday, as the Government has done so deftly for decades on other major matters, your rationale is centered on the prevention of death and treasuring life. 75 deaths to date was what you mentioned. Removing emotion, we lost 44 healthy young men, on the verge of delivering economic value to the nation, through botched circumcision rituals, in just one year! This happens every year Sir. We lose 25 lives at a time, and more, regularly in bus accidents. Taxis; overloaded, driven by unlicensed ‘drivers’ or unroadworthy - slaughter dozens of innocent lives, weekly! Operators do not lose licenses. Police take bribes and the hapless, helpless passengers have no choice. 17 000 deaths on the roads annually. So I am confused why we’re deploying the military only now, after 26 years, to assist with this particular national crisis.
At around 20 000 murders a year, was this not sufficient reason to act earlier? Crime is the number one reason foreign long-haul visitors avoid visiting South Africa. Given what we offer – this should be a major, global destination. I am struggling here with the thinking. Perhaps the business of crime, and the sectors linked to them are just too important for the Government to ignore. I don’t know.
Mr. President, you emphasize, in great detail the 185 000 deaths from this virus in your speech to the Nation. It sounds a lot. A significant percentage, plus 70 000 were from Europe and USA – who represent more than 20% of South Africa’s trade. With 18% of the world’s population, China has had less than 5 000 deaths, despite being the launch pad of this pandemic. Furthermore, despite China contributing 11% of our trade, there is no attention drawn to specific numbers, but rather broad fear mongering numbers. But it is the extraordinary attention and praise for China that does not stack up?
So, in conclusion, I will only ask of you just one question.
As Chief architect of our constitution, containing all that it stands for; how can you personally align yourself with a country like China’s leadership? You were sworn in to uphold and defend our South African constitution. China’s values, principles and everything about how they run the country, is diametrically opposed with South Africa’s. Or is it? Perhaps you are happy to cast your values and our constitution aside in the interest of something much greater. If it’s money, perhaps the 59million South Africans are unaware, but they should be, that you personally have a lot of it. US $450 million, according to references.
So, while things are not 100% clear, this is hard to explain. Perhaps there is a greater agenda that we don’t all understand.
Mr. President, we have a country in utter and total distress and it’s not even month end!
We need a simple clear road to recovery, one that we can all understand and accept, despite the risks. I chose the picture, because I believe your home is at the foot of this mountain!
Let’s bring back the economy.
God bless South Africa!
Sincerely,
Richard Lendrum

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #786005 by Dave Scott
Update Wednesday 28th April

States 59266.............2457 from yesterday
Italy 27359..................382
Spain 23822..............301
France 23660............367
UK 21678................586
China
India 1008 .........69
Russia 867...........73
Australia 88.........4
SA 93...............3
Germany 6314..........198

Total deaths 218010 ............6379

Aus and SA still appear the holiday destinations

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #786020 by Lionel
Lionel on topic Re:Re:Re:COVID - 19 NHA
Dave, I share your sentiments. The virus is real. That's not in question. However, I don't believe it's all it's made out to be. I also don't believe the death stats. I believe that some of them, especially the USA are inflated.

So the obvious question then is , Why? I will not go into my views here, but I will leave these 2 words with the wise folk on ABC:

TROJAN HORSE.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #786047 by Dave Scott
Update Thursday 30 th April

States 61669.............2403 from yesterday
Italy 27682.................337
Spain 24275..............453
France 24087............427
UK 26097................”4409” to be confirmed?
China
India 1079 .........71
Russia 972...........105
Australia 91............3
SA 103................10
Germany 6467..........153

Total deaths 228239..............10229

Please note! the UK number is massive yesterday but does tie in with the large total deaths....
Maybe been a correction but now puts UK THIRD !!
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Dave Scott.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #786051 by Mac
SA - 10% incr in deaths for one day. Not good.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #786052 by Mac
The Swedish city of Lund is to spread chicken manure in its central park in an effort to deter crowds gathering for a festival.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #786053 by Mac
Shares in the US and Asia have risen on hopes that an experimental drug could help treat symptoms of Covid-19.
... early results of a clinical trial on anti-viral treatment remdesivir were "quite good news".

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds

About A.B.C

African Betting Clan is established for the upliftment of the sports punter, who enjoys a bet on horse racing, football and other sports, enabling them to voice their views and opinions on all aspects of the sport of their choice, free of charge.

Learn More

Contact Details

Main Office (HQ)
Box 40390 moreleta park, Pretoria 0044
+27 827854357

Events

September 2020
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26