What are cookies, and what do they do?
Cookies are small files of numbers and letters that a website transfers to your device to store and occasionally track information about you.
Cookies are often used by websites and can perform many useful functions, for example, recalling a user’s preferences and counting the number of users visiting a website.
What are the types of cookies used?
First and third-party cookies
First-party cookies are set directly by the operator of the website visited by the user. These cookies allow the website operator to gather information about a user's visit, allowing the website to remember the user's choices and preferences, such as font size, colour, language, or region settings.
Third-party cookies are generated by the operators of websites other than those visited directly by the user. These cookies are mainly used for advertising purposes.
Session and persistent cookies
Also known as transient cookies, these cookies are temporary and are only active when using the ABC website. They will not remain on your device following the closure of your browser session. Session cookies are often required to support the essential functions of the website, such as the efficient and timely delivery of web pages to the user.
Also known as stored cookies, persistent cookies will remain on your device until they expire or are actively removed. Persistent cookies are often used to track a user’s movement around the website to help identify their habits and improve their website experience.
What sort of cookies may we use?
ABC may use the following types of cookies:
• Performance cookies. These cookies provide ABC with the capability to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website. This information provides us with valuable information to improve the performance of our site. Specifically, they allow ABC to appreciate the popularity of web pages on our website and help visitors effectively navigate around our website.
• Functional cookies. These cookies enable ABC to provide greater functionality and personalisation of our website. For example, these cookies may be used to identify you when you return to our website and personalise your experience by remembering the choices and preferences you applied, such as font size, colour, choice of region, or language.
• Advertising or marketing cookies. These cookies are used to track your activity on our website, such as the web pages you have visited, the interest you have shown in the content presented, and the hyperlinks you have clicked on that we may have provided. We may also use these cookies to personalise the content and advertising we deliver to you, and we may share the information with third parties to provide specific advertisements.
ABC may use similar tracking technologies to cookies on our website, such as web beacons and tracking pixels, to improve your online experience.
A web beacon or tracking pixel is a snippet of code placed on a website or in an email to track users' actions when they visit a website or send emails.
Linking to third-party websites
The ABC website may include hyperlinks for your convenience. By clicking on a hyperlink, you will be redirected to a third-party website that may be using cookies.
How can you control cookies?
Most web browsers allow you to manage and control cookies. We have provided hyperlinks to commonly used web browsers where you can adjust your cookie preferences.
- Microsoft Edge cookies information
- Internet Explorer cookies information
- Chrome cookies information
- Firefox cookies information
- Safari cookies information
- Opera cookies information
For further details on how to control and delete cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you choose to block or disable the cookies used by Africa Betting Clan on our website, this may change its operation and cause certain functions of our website to not function as expected. Africa Betting Clan recommends that you accept the cookies used on our website.
ABC may make changes to this policy if there are changes to the cookies we use for legal, regulatory, or other business reasons.