Rain Stopped Play - Cost SA the World Cup

• khargisland
  • khargisland's Avatar Topic Author

Rain Stopped Play - Cost SA the World Cup

9 years 4 days ago
I have always, and will always, be a proud & loyal Proteas fan. We seem to be plague by bad luck at this tournament. From Hirchelle dropping Steve Waugh & AD / Lance running themselves out, to today's interruption. NFW could NZ have stopped this juggernaut team from scoring 350+, which they could never have run down.

All that being said, we had at least 4 chances that we let go, :sick: and we lost the gallant fight.

Good Luck New Zealand.

I am still proud of the achievement, and like any good sportsman, hope I will be supported by the Forum in congratulating the Team on getting so close. Our day will come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Eudey, Dellboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris van Buuren
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Rain Stopped Play - Cost SA the World Cup

9 years 4 days ago
For me, the catch in the 2nd last over is what cost us a victory, not the rain.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

9 years 4 days ago
Great performance from both sides , as a neutral ive never been so excited about a minority sport before

• gregbucks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

9 years 4 days ago
Bad luck or bad judgement on the selection process, how the hell Abott was left out is a mystery.... :(

• Craig Eudey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 days ago
Firstly well done to the Black Caps. They played brilliantly. I do though feel that the best team is coming home and say that for these reasons. I agree that without the rain break and loosing those overs they would have been chasing around 350 the way AB and Faf were going. Also 9/10 times both those run outs would have succeeded and the same with that last catch. They all went wrong in 1 game on 1 day. Just one of them had to have come off and the result would have been different. That just had to be in the semi final. Anyway I am proud of them, their sportsmanship and ability. Well done Proteas and now will have to support the BC's in the final.

• gregbucks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

9 years 4 days ago

Attachments:

• onyerway
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

9 years 4 days ago
Feel sorry for AB he took it like a man. Also feel sorry for Pangiso the only player in the squad who never got a game. We can't compare ourselves to Australia and India as our domestic cricket is not supported by the public. The rain never cost the world cup it might have cost the game.

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago
With New Zealand only needing a tie, I still think 10 runs was defendable in the last over. But these pics tells a story as well :(

Last edit: 9 years 4 days ago by naresh.

• dashing
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 days ago
I blame the selectors who left abott out the the starting team.....how you explain that is beyond me.
The best horse doesn't always win the race.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Eudey

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 days ago
dashing wrote: I blame the selectors who left abott out the the starting team.....how you explain that is beyond me.

I feel for Abbott too but that said, Philander from all our fast bowlers had the best economy rate in the semi-final. We never take the three chances we had in the last couple of overs. I posted the pictures of two of them, the other was De Kock never gather the ball when Rossouw threw it in to run out Elliot.

• LSU
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

9 years 4 days ago
The best team won on the day and this is not a negative comment.

Both teams tried really hard and gave it their all but the breaks went New Zealand's way a little more than ours.

That said they showed the greater character at the start of each innings putting us under more pressure with both the ball and the bat and that ultimately made the difference as it released a lot of pressure.

We clawed our way back well even though we came up short but this was definitely not a chokers effort.

Well done guys, we are proud of the effort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii, naresh, khargisland

• rob faux
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

9 years 4 days ago
Craig Eudey wrote: Firstly well done to the Black Caps. They played brilliantly. I do though feel that the best team is coming home and say that for these reasons. I agree that without the rain break and loosing those overs they would have been chasing around 350 the way AB and Faf were going. Also 9/10 times both those run outs would have succeeded and the same with that last catch. They all went wrong in 1 game on 1 day. Just one of them had to have come off and the result would have been different. That just had to be in the semi final. Anyway I am proud of them, their sportsmanship and ability. Well done Proteas and now will have to support the BC's in the final.

Craig,the 9/10 times for the run outs and catches(catches were bad as the fielder coming in should call and take it - that's basic ) are always in the lead up matches and the other 1/10 are always in the knockouts ............too many times to be coincidence surely?
Have to agree that our guys took the loss with great dignity :)

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds