Come on Man UTD

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Come on Man UTD

9 years 4 months ago
The weather forecasters told us that it would snow on Friday night which it did not then they said Sat evening and throughout the night. Woke up this morning and still no snow after they put out amber warnings. Its after 9 and still no snow. Where do they find these people who we are told are professional weather forecasters yet they cant predict the weather from one day to the other. Yesterday the daffodil buds where starting to come up (that should only happen in late Feb) as this has been the warmest November for as long as care to remember, there are still a few leaves on the trees and in the garden, plants have not closed up shop for the winter. So its either going to be an extremely mild winter or the winter of all winters with heaps of snow and storms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago
I remember a Man U v Crystal Palace replay in those days. Who was the Man U goalie who got dropped and he was replaced by the late Les Sealy? Ugh, I can picture his face and I think he went on to Hibs. Apparently Les Sealy gave him his winner's medal.

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago
Mac wrote: I remember a Man U v Crystal Palace replay in those days. Who was the Man U goalie who got dropped and he was replaced by the late Les Sealy? Ugh, I can picture his face and I think he went on to Hibs. Apparently Les Sealy gave him his winner's medal.

that's right Ian Wright came on as a sub for Palace and scored 2x in a 3-3 draw. Les Sealy is unfortunately no longer with us as he passed away some 13 years ago. Jim Leighton was the player that he replaced.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by CnC 306.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago
chicken n chips wrote:
Mac wrote: I remember a Man U v Crystal Palace replay in those days. Who was the Man U goalie who got dropped and he was replaced by the late Les Sealy? Ugh, I can picture his face and I think he went on to Hibs. Apparently Les Sealy gave him his winner's medal.

that's right Ian Wright came on as a sub for Palace and scored 2x in a 3-3 draw. Les Sealy is unfortunately no longer with us as he passed away some 13 years ago. Jim Leighton was the player that he replaced.

Ian Wright :) . Sjoe. Towards the end of his career he even played for Forest where the fans loved him because he was like a breath of fresh air even though he was a geriatric then. :).

Just looked up Wiki - the goalie whom Les Sealey replaced was Jim Leighton "after a poor display from Jim Leighton in the preceding 3–3 draw, (Sealey) and made several saves to help his side (Man U in that replay) win 1–0. He later gave his winner's medal to Jim Leighton, who had played throughout the cup run, but the FA subsequently granted medals to both Leighton and Sealey.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Mac.

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago
that was in 1990 its the season that Liverpool thrashed Palace 9-0 in the league and then a couple of months later they met again in the FA Cup semi final where everybody including the Liverpool players thought that they just need to turn up. Palace beat them 4-3 to reach that final.

• Haupie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago
chicken n chips wrote: Now imagine if Brighton had won the first match against United in 1983 . It finished 2-2 but Brighton should have won with the last kick in extra time when their striker missed an absolute sitter. If he had scored then there would never had been a replay and you could well be supporting another club today

And if my aunty had balls........

That's life. Win some... lose some... Bookies always win

If you ever get the time read a book called the Banjo Players. Then let me know what you think. I am not looking for a fight. No merely stating the obvious

• Haupie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago
On an more serious note and back to the original topic, Man U has grown in the last few weeks. Admittedly they started off like shit. Ask Leicester.

But in the last few weeks we have seen the team pulling through. Even if they were playing shit. That is what often happened in the Sir Alex era when people would say Man U got 3 points because Sir Alex was intimidating the ref.

Now you can definitely not say that. As a staunch United fan, I will admit they are still struggling, but I would rather struggle and maintain 4th spot at the halfway stage, than pick up a lucky 3 pointer every 6 games like Liverfool

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago
Haupie wrote:
chicken n chips wrote: Now imagine if Brighton had won the first match against United in 1983 . It finished 2-2 but Brighton should have won with the last kick in extra time when their striker missed an absolute sitter. If he had scored then there would never had been a replay and you could well be supporting another club today

And if my aunty had balls........

That's life. Win some... lose some... Bookies always win

If you ever get the time read a book called the Banjo Players. Then let me know what you think. I am not looking for a fight. No merely stating the obvious

I hope you don't think I am like those okes in Deliverance

• Farawaysaint
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

9 years 4 months ago
Bob Brogan wrote: oops fat lady sings

Two Dutchmen going head to head tomorrow night and Southampton won't want a third loss on the trot.
Genuinely think it will be a draw.

• Haupie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago
Not at all CnC. Just realistic

• chrisb
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

9 years 4 months ago
I never feel more like singing the blues

When City win and United looooose

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 4 months ago
FFalcao has been paid over £3 million in the 4 months that he has been there. He has not played a full match and has been injured for most of that time.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds