ABC will not tolerate any hate speech, bigotry behaviour that is not constructive and kind.

RUSSIA/UKRAINE

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:RUSSIA/UKRAINE

2 years 1 month ago
Bob Brogan wrote:
I also see that the US won't be sending any troops into Ukraine, but rather will just assist them. NATO countries around Ukraine are ready to jump in and help though.

This is the closest thing to a cold war that we are going to get again. I've got a funny feeling that Putin is just trying to show dominance and if Ukraine joins NATO there will be violence.

Nato won't help UKRAINE apart from supplying medicines, food and weapons

They will defend their own members borders though...

As Russia plans for the biggest war since 1945 will someone encircle Moscow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: RUSSIA/UKRAINE

2 years 1 month ago
I was on a Frigate in the waters off Angola and the Russians did not like it so they sent a Soviet Bear Bomber in our direction. This plane was fitted with heat seeking directed missiles. We shat ourselves. That was a long time ago so I can’t begin to imagine what their armed forces are capable of nowadays. Just let them play out their war games and go home. It’s all about intimidation they won’t attack. They are just sending out a message to the West.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNaicker

• Lionel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: RUSSIA/UKRAINE

2 years 1 month ago
Relax, its only a "peacekeeping mission".

(Putin + Xi) vs (Biden + Boris) = God help us.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 1 month ago
2b/pi

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 1 month ago

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 1 month ago
Mac it looks like the sanctions are a bit of a joke, look tough but they should stop swift bank between Russia and the world... Seemingly this was turned down

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:Re:RUSSIA/UKRAINE

2 years 1 month ago
Useless West…

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 1 month ago
Ukraine is entering a state of emergency as fears grow of a full-scale Russian invasion
BBC

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 1 month ago
Putin declared war on Ukraine.
As troops move in 😪

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 1 month ago
Russia now acting on behalf of the Russians ethnic population in the 2 regions which are hotspots of Ukranian aggression.

Russian President Vladimr Putin earlier in the day announced a special military operation aimed at the demilitarisation and denazification of Ukraine.

The Russian Ministry of Defence has stated that it used precision weapons to neutralise Ukrainian air forces and air defences, as well as military infrastructure, stressing that the Russian military is not attacking Ukrainian cities, so there are no threats to the civilian population.
The tensions have been escalating over the past few days, with Ukrainian forces shelling the territory of Donbass, forcing thousands to evacuate to Russia.
Following an appeal from the leaders of the Donetsk People's Republic and Lugansk People's Republic, Moscow recognised both as independent nations and called on Ukraine to stop the eight-year-long war in the region. Russia also stressed that it will protect the people of Donbass against any threats, as president Putin noted the actions of the Ukrainian regime in the region are genocide.

Russia
Ukraine
Russian Defense Ministry

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:Re:Re:RUSSIA/UKRAINE

2 years 1 month ago
That is exactly what Hitler did when he went walked into the Sudetenland in Czech claiming the German speaking people belonged to Germany. WW2 started.

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:Re:Re:RUSSIA/UKRAINE

2 years 1 month ago
Invading any country, whatever the pretext or alleged noble intention, is wrong...so Putin and Russia will live with the consequences that flow...

Let's not forget NATO's role in this...their expansionist goals of trying to get the former USSR states into NATO would allow Russian foes to be at their doorstep and could be considered intimidatory...Putin likely thought it best that to have Ukraine under Russian control maintained a buffer...

Many talk about the Russian invasion of Crimea in 2014...linked to that event and just prior to that the US had supported the overthrow of the Russian friendly Ukranian government...the current Ukranian government and oligarchs act as a laudromat for US foreign aid...supposedly to protect them against the Russians but some / most of it makes it way back to the Democrats (Exhibit A being Bagman Hunter Biden's role on the board of Burisma) and some Republicans in the form of "donations"...any different to the ANC ensuring tenders go to pre-determined companies and persons on the understanding that they make "donations" to the ANC...

Violence is the failure of the intellect and none of the parties are displaying any intellect...

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds