Currie Cup

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Currie Cup

2 years 1 month ago
I was as optimistic as fingers on a good showing by the Lions - however for 70 minutes they were woeful - must be some questions being asked about the coaching team - especially the defense is almost non-existent - and this is almost the same team that thumped the Stormers in Cape Town a month or so ago - so something clearly not right in the squad

As the the game at Loftus, imo the sooner that a team is allowed to use a replacement after 10 or 20 minutes when a red card has been dished out, the better - as it kills the game; despite this, the Bulls imo never gave up and for most of the game was the better team on the field - in the end it was the Sharks that used the few opportunities that came their way better - and I don't think Am will ever score a try like that again - every thing just went right - somehow avoided the touch line and then the ball just bounced perfectly :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 2 weeks ago
I was watching the Bulls against the Pumas; while I have to admit the Pumas looked like a class above, unfortunately the point to take home on this clash is that the refereeing standards in South Africa is absolutely woeful - though the Bulls were outclassed in most aspects of the game, I thought that MANY offences by the Pumas (including a lot of forward passes) - were missed by the 'officials' - also taking into account the game between the Griffons and the Sharks, it almost seems as if the 'underdog' teams are being favoured big time by the officials :unsure:

• fingers
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

9 months 2 weeks ago
how did the play offs end up without WP and Griquas?
and how did jake white's (PUKE) bulls' get there? - beaten, no massacred, by the Purple People Eaters in 1st round and were lucky to beat them at Loftus

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds