Rugby Championship 2019

• Craig Pienaar
  • Craig Pienaar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Rugby Championship 2019

4 years 8 months ago
Got it wrong last weekend and doesn't look any easier this weekend , with all the changes being made difficult to tell which combination will fire.
NZ vs SA is always a great game so lets hope the Boks can win a narrow one
Aus vs Arg will also be very interesting , Aussies where very poor last weekend and surely will improve which should see them edge the Argentines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• manwatweet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 8 months ago
Bokke will take the World Cup!

• aluminium
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

4 years 8 months ago
living in NZ now, got such a "warm gevoel in my gat " with that result .Jantjies has certailnly got the X factor . SA rugby been waiting for a player like this and an absolutely brilliant result.

GO BOKKE

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 8 months ago
Impressive display, only one major mistake which was Vermeulen knocking on and NZ scoring their try with the advantage. Boks are definitely back and must not blow it against Argentina next week. ABs look very heavy and after last weeks fortunate win over Argentina their WC hat trick dream looks wobbly atm.

The coach has a wonderful problem now. Who to start with mind you it appears that the Boks have two teams capable of beating most. Feel good about the WC now.

• Callatus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

4 years 8 months ago
Got 30/1 at halftime for a draw !!!
Kaching !

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 8 months ago
Callatus wrote: Got 30/1 at halftime for a draw !!!
Kaching !

Well done !!:cheer:

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 8 months ago
chicken n chips wrote: Impressive display, only one major mistake which was Vermeulen knocking on and NZ scoring their try with the advantage. Boks are definitely back and must not blow it against Argentina next week. ABs look very heavy and after last weeks fortunate win over Argentina their WC hat trick dream looks wobbly atm.

The coach has a wonderful problem now. Who to start with mind you it appears that the Boks have two teams capable of beating most. Feel good about the WC now.

We will win this World Cup...lots to be positive about...Pieter-steph du Toit is my current favourite player...doesn't have an off day and an engine to outlast the best of them...

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 8 months ago
My 2c,

Like most out there, i agree that we were the better side in the 1st half and NZ were the better side in the 2nd half....

The problem i have is although we were the better side and dominated the 1st half, at no stage did i think that we were going to run away with the game or atleast get a decent point tally during the time that we dominated... This showed at half time when we went into the break a point down... I think this can be put down to our defense looking the part, but our offense maybe not....

The second half, our defence carried us through again and we managed to somehow hang in there until the last grasp try that squared us all up... I suppose the pleasing side of this, is that we have not managed to hang in there and the minute we are being forced back we have had the tendency to fall short... This is definately a fighting aspect that Rassie has done wonders with this squad...

The Ref- Imvho, while he did have a good game for the most, i thought there was 2 incidents in the 2nd half that definately could have changed the result of the game.... 1st was the penalty that Mouanga slotted after a clear and blatant knock on. What happened to the tmo? Why did he not help? I thought the new rules was the tmo was allowed to help the ref? 2nd point, and maybe not so obvious was there was a bit of ping pong with the ball close to the NZ 10m line. Definately in a kickable position.Perenara clearly hit the ball back to his backline from an offside position (i still rewinded the segment as i was suprised this wasnt picked up being so close to the touch line), so instead of a Pollard shot for another 3 points, we ended up having to try defend the NZ attack... That is a 6 point swing (assuming the kicks would have gone over) which obviously would have affected the result...

NZ - I might kop some flack for this, but i guess every country probably falls into this category especially in a WC year, when the old dogs really want to have their swansong.... I understand Crotty is their 1st choice inside centre, and he is out injured, but i have no doubt in my mind that SBW is NOT their 2nd best inside centre. I have not once sat up in the last few years and thought, WOW this guy can play... He is living off reputation and it does leave me perplexed that he still manages to get his name on the teamsheet.... The other name that i believe falls into that category is Kieran Read... Not i know this is a bit of a shock, but imo the only way i can see him in the starting line up ahead of Savea is due to his leadership qualities.... I would have Savea in my team 10 times out of 10 before Read.... after all, with the amount of leadership in the side already, surely Reads leadership while good, wouldnt not make the be all and end all.... But on this, lets not forget the additions that still need to be included into this squad (Sam Cane, Ardie Savea, Luamape, Crotty, Squire just to name a few)....

Over all, i thought it was a pleasing result and we have definately taken a good few steps forward...

Lets keep getting better boys :)
Are you living your life or waiting to die?

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 8 months ago
I can't believe anyone can say that we will win the World Cup on that performance - imo NZ was by far the better team (especially in the 2nd half) and we were very lucky to draw - ref missed a forward pass from le Roux to Kolbe in the move leading up to that last try ....

We'll have our work cut out in Argentina when we go there - lots of improvement needed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Pienaar

• moose
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

4 years 8 months ago
To start off with the last penalty the all blacks got wasn't a penalty they lost the ball and dived over he loose scrum to get it back -3 Point plus the penalty Barret took he pinched 2 meters closer to the post
should be another -3 Pints Therefore we win the game they are lucky to have got a draw
NZ can't play without cheating

• Craig Pienaar
  • Craig Pienaar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 8 months ago
Been out of form with the rugby selections recently so gonna just watch the 2 games , should be 2 great games today :woohoo:

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 8 months ago
Craig Pienaar wrote: Been out of form with the rugby selections recently so gonna just watch the 2 games , should be 2 great games today :woohoo:

You have not picked a winner in 5 years , call yourself a rugby fan? Best you don’t post your fancies as you are almost as crap as me when making predictions :( :(

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds