Andrew Bon on Keeping Track

• Bored Doe Blend
  • Bored Doe Blend's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Andrew Bon on Keeping Track

16 years 1 month ago
What did you guys think of Bonski anchoring the show last night?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tipster
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Re: Re: Andrew Bon on Keeping Track

16 years 1 month ago
Said: "Frik Du Preez, not even arguably the greatest lock this country has ever produced."

The game has changed so much that he wouldn't make the bench of a Currie Cup team as lock these days and as a loosie wouldn't go very far these days either. So I think it is arguable that Victor or Bakkies are better and my vote would go for Victor.

• York Hunt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
Tipster, you have a point but with respect I don't think your two Blue Bulls locks are in the class of Frik Du Preez. ( My opinion only )

Different game, different type of player. I've had the pleasure of meeting all 3 and Frik ( who has been voted as South Africa's player of the century ) stands out as a true ambassador of our country.

I agree they are great Springboks and awesome players, but it was a much harder game back in the day and I support Frik.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
He was one of the best goalkeepers Pirate ever had.

• pirates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
frik du preez is the greatest lock the world has seen nevermind south africa...

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

16 years 1 month ago
In am not a rugby man, but my mate who is a fanatic,says Frik Du Preez, was the MAN!

• Tipster
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

16 years 1 month ago
I suppose it's impossible to compare but in this day and age you wouldn't want a player at the Rugby World Cup who was reluctant to train (du Preez). I think my regard for Du Preez was also diminished by the lobby against Jake White.

This report was written on IOL on November 16, 2006:

"For the first time in South African rugby the President's Council is poised to force the SA Rugby board to fire a Springbok rugby coach, with the Bulls taking the initiative through a unanimous decision passed at their annual meeting on Tuesday night.

The motion of no confidence against White and his management was proposed by the Blue Bulls Old Players Association, an influential lobby that includes former Springboks such as Frik du Preez and Piet Uys, and carried the support of all the clubs in Pretoria. Blue Bulls president Boet Fick said the motion would be delivered to the South African Rugby Union (Saru) on Thursday and tabled for a vote at next Thursday's President's Council meeting.

"The Blue Bulls want to express its shock and unhappiness with the performance of our national rugby team, the Springboks," the motion reads.

The union places the blame squarely on the shoulders of White and his management team.

"In the interests of SA Rugby these gentlemen are requested to resign with immediate effect. The union no longer sees its way clear to support these officials with the coaching and selection of teams and are convinced that if they do resign with immediate effect, then there is a prospect of competing with reasonable success at the World Cup in 2007."

Egg on their faces now and I don't recall a similar motion being passed on the national embarrasments Strauelli and Krige.

• Bored Doe Blend
  • Bored Doe Blend's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
Granted...Frik du Preez might have been the best white rugby lock player of his era in this country. I dont think we qualified to stretch it further.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
black locks? yea right bored. like quinton could lace up geo's laces

whites play rugby, you guys play soccer, lets leave it at that

• el Piche
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
AP Indy

Have you heard of Brian Habana ?

• el Piche
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
AP Indy

Have you heard of Chester Williams ?

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

16 years 1 month ago
BDB was this thread asking for opinions on Andrew Bon's presentation or about rugby?(don't want a race war again)
i think AB has the makings of a good presenter if he would just prepare properly - it seemed a bit fudged at times as if he wasn't sure of the content -
he does have all the knowledge in the world and is very eloquent but i think a tad more presentation and all will be well - what do you think?

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds