:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

• fingers
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Re: Fears and thoughts on 21days ?

4 years 1 week ago
Happy hour is starting earlier and earlier - if this keeps up I'll be pouring wine in my cereal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

4 years 1 week ago
Fingers I already lost a day this week 🍹 the whisky diet must be working.

• fingers
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

4 years 1 week ago
Stepped on my scale this morning and it said:

Please use social distancing, one person at a time

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

4 years 1 week ago
Ok let me get this right, its day 12 and a slight depression setting in 😢
Must try and get out of the house, even to drive along the street to establish if anyone else still oot and aboot as they say in Scotland.

Not from playlist but here is one from Dylan, never a great singer but decent songwriter and this was at the White House ......

Dylans back up band were the Band and front man was Robbie Robertson and this was a great number

• KitKat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

4 years 1 week ago
Yesterday I mowed the lawn and did some gardening. My heart goes out to those who are confined in a flat or a tiny shack or the like.

Our son lives in an apartment in London but at least they can go out once a day to exercise in the park.

Tomorrow is pensioners day at PnP so I will venture out for provisions and claim my... wait for it.... 10% discount.

Yup the times they are a changin.

• Beyond The Pale
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

4 years 1 week ago
Has anyone priced up on the extension after the 21 days ? I'm betting 1/10 it stays and 7/1 it doesn't .

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 1 week ago

File Attachment:

File Name: VID-202004...0000.mp4
File Size:2,107 KB

sorry this is a bit late....had problems formatting file....;) .

Attachments:

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 1 week ago
KitKat wrote: Yesterday I mowed the lawn and did some gardening. My heart goes out to those who are confined in a flat or a tiny shack or the like.

Our son lives in an apartment in London but at least they can go out once a day to exercise in the park.

Tomorrow is pensioners day at PnP so I will venture out for provisions and claim my... wait for it.... 10% discount.

.....been taking shortcuts between the shacks and squatter camps in the Germiston/Boksburg (old ERPM properties) area to avoid metro police harassment.....life is very hard there but they are not confined... as life is very normal going out collecting wood water food and even road kill(whacked a very slow pigeon)....they mill around socializing while doing chores, kids playing in the streets dogs wandering around as if it was a very very long weekend.....:S

• Magi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 1 week ago
Muhtiman wrote:
KitKat wrote: Yesterday I mowed the lawn and did some gardening. My heart goes out to those who are confined in a flat or a tiny shack or the like.

.....been taking shortcuts between the shacks and squatter camps in the Germiston/Boksburg (old ERPM properties) area to avoid metro police harassment.....life is very hard there but they are not confined... as life is very normal going out collecting wood water food and even road kill(whacked a very slow pigeon)....they mill around socializing while doing chores, kids playing in the streets dogs wandering around as if it was a very very long weekend.....:S

Muhti, perhaps South Africa will be the first nation to perfect the 'herding' antibody solution that the UK wanted to allow to occur naturally !! After all we have millions taking part in the experiment...albeit unintentionally

Fingers, great sense of humour and thanks for the chuckles,,, as well confirming thru your little brain tests that booze is obviously very good for the brain... cos I passed both with flying colors.

Dave, thanks for the continued provision of cool tunes and as regards the booze supply ..... I am in dire straits and anticipate having a compulsory drying out period of minimum a week (if they dont extend...if they do...well I shall probably pass away due to too much blood in my veins)

I had to take my sister in for an emergency operation and then go look after her cats and dogs in Montagu, Western Cape. Phew, is that place QUIET???? The neighbors are all in their houses, nobody talks, nobody braai's, nobody plays music ....is insane.

I must have pissed them off sitting on the roof with my loud music, whiskey and camera taking photographs of birds, sunsets and general scenery. But nobody even put their head out a window.

But it was lovely to not have to sanitize for five entire days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• BATMAN
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

4 years 1 week ago
Beyond The Pale wrote: Has anyone priced up on the extension after the 21 days ? I'm betting 1/10 it stays and 7/1 it doesn't .

1/10 looks a good bet.Might have to start gambling again

• fingers
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

4 years 1 week ago
I never thought the comment "I wouldn't touch him/her with a six foot pole" would become a national policy -

but here we are

• wonbyamile
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 1 week ago
fingers wrote: I never thought the comment "I wouldn't touch him/her with a six foot pole" would become a national policy -

but here we are

😂😂

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds