Fans allowed back on course

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Fans allowed back on course

2 years 6 months ago
Gold Circle Media release

In a surprise announcement earlier today, the latest release of the Government Gazette has confirmed that a limited number of spectators will now be allowed to attend sporting events subject to strict adherence to all Covid-19 health protocols and social distancing measures. This is very good news for Gold Circle and the horseracing fans who have been prevented from attending race meetings since March 2020 due to lock down restrictions.

Up to 2000 people will be able to utilise the outdoor grandstand facilities at Hollywoodbets Greyville from Wednesday 13 October. Entrance to Hollywoodbets Greyville will be through Gate 8 (cars) and Gate 7 (pedestrians) off Avondale Road where all attendees will be screened before accessing the race course. The public are encouraged to fill out the pre-screening form available on the Gold Circle website ( www.goldcircle.co.za ) and social media channels to ensure expedited access to the race course. Food & beverage facilities will be open as well as the oncourse Totes and Bookmakers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Fans allowed back on course

2 years 6 months ago
While this is great news for the 20 or so regulars that will now be allowed back on track, I wonder what will be different for those that return besides Covid requirements? I am guessing absolutely nothing. Entire industries have reworked their business models to survive this pandemic, I have no doubt that the people in charge ( whoever that may be ) have none nothing. What exactly is waiting for those that venture out after almost two years of being excluded? I reckon it will be like returning as if nothing ever happened.

This is the problem with the sport. It has no innovative thinkers among the whole lot of takers.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 6 months ago
With a bit luck it appears that 4Racing will eventually take charge by mid Nov after a very frustrating time.

If the 2000 limit is still in place for eg Summer Cup , I can't really see it being beneficial to the general public who would like to attend.

Let's say 12 races with 12 runners is 144 horses probably 300 owners?
If you add trainers, grooms, tote and kitchen staff, 3 commentators, management, security etc

How do you limit the the balance that want to go racing ?
Let's say 5000 want to attend and only 1000 spaces.
Is it first come first served, ticket sales?

Interesting times

Good Punting đź‘Ť

Ps we have 750 indoors so maybe 2750 we can manage?

• Saint T

2 years 6 months ago
Mr. Brogan,

I’m am trying to fathom why this media release from Gold Circle is considered relevant and news worthy on 11 November 2021, the very same day that the long awaited arbitration proceedings with the mighty Phumelela was meant to commence and be concluded by 15 November 2021. I was reliably informed yesterday evening that GC and Phum had to postpone these proceeding by a further 6 months due to MR BRP not cooperating and providing documentation requested by GC during the discovery process.

Considering the fact that MR BRP has been withholding GC’s share of the monthly sale proceeds (received by Phum obo Phum, GC and KR) from the distribution of the SA racing product internationally, which in turn has threatened the viability and sustainability of the GC business model (resulting in GC operating a loss making business that requires HWB bailouts and access to the ringfenced proceeds of the sale of Clairwood racecourse), I have to ask, WHO IS THE ROCKET SCIENTIST at GC that believes the above media release to allow fans back is relevant and newsworthy when GC's business model is going up in flames.

Time is up for the board and management of GC to walk the plank as they have been the architects of GC's demise and where each of them find themselves.

@ Dave, the public hearing into the 4Racings applications for licences in September 2021 was apparently quite brutal for the maidens that represented 4Racing who found themselves in a Group One event. Based on the feedback that I have received from a few sources that sat through the entire public hearing, 4Racing will need a miracle not “a bit of luck” to take charge before the end of 2021, if at all.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 6 months ago
Thank you Saint T for your well informed?
Contribution to the forum.

We don't generate media releases we basically paste on the site when we receive.

As far as 4Racing, this is more sad news if correct as my understanding was that the few hurdles with gambling board should be in place by mid November.

I will be first to admit the lack of transparency in racing is generally shocking but let's see what "breaking news" will appear next

Good Punting

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 6 months ago

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 6 months ago
This Evans fella has done racing no good. His self interests at R4000 per hour are very evident and he must be delighted to delay at every opportunity. Those costs at R30 000 plus per day come out of racings coffers.

Dave I do not share your enthusiasm for 4 racing entering the arena. They have already shown us their cards with worse communication ( I didn't think that possible ) than those before them. I feel for participants outside of the elite camp.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 6 months ago
OTA trust me my enthusiasm has dropped after the initial euphoria.
How they can fix the tote perception and actual performance is now probably beyond repair.

However something has to change ASAP and not sure if there is a master plan? Will it be shared with the racing public or just a protected deal for racing elite?

• Saint T

2 years 6 months ago
@ Dave & OTA

A blogger posted the following yesterday:

“And SP Bloggers, absolute silence from 4 Racing about progress other than the Licensing.
Charles Savage, that’s not the perception you created on Alex Hogg’s show/interview.”

Referring to the utterances of Charles Savage and Brian Riley on Biznews when they stated publicly that MOD would be taking over around October or November 2020. A year has passed by and they have been challenged by their own limitations to close a simple acquisition of a business as a going concern. How on earth can anyone be confident that this lot will be able to turn around an industry when:

1) They have failed to achieve closing on an unchallenging acquisition of a business transaction
2) They have a management team and board that lack the understanding, expertise and track record of a tote operator and bookmaker
3) There is no evidence of a strategy or turnaround plan 12 months later
4) They have a dark cloud hanging over their heads from a recent affirmative auction appointment that unnecessarily compromised their plans and the industry

I’m a realist and I expect 4Racing to be as valuable to every stakeholder in the horseracing industry as the Mayor of Phokwane is to his community.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Fans allowed back on course

2 years 6 months ago
Does anyone know the status of the Winner’s Circle bar, or just Kelvin’s bar, at the Big T? Kelvin sadly passed away last year.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: Re:Fans allowed back on course

2 years 6 months ago
Mac as far as I understand only the owners and trainers, Elevation has been open on our last visits.

Maybe a change from Saturday?

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:Fans allowed back on course

2 years 6 months ago
🙏

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds