SUPER SIX RACING

• Tigershark
  • Tigershark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

SUPER SIX RACING

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago
Here we go again... This idea was offered last year and the customer, "the punter that nobody consults", had zero interest but alas the product with zero to offer the punter is back.

The latest article in SP makes the mind boggle as to how this idea was accepted by Gold Circle??? Did the members vote on it or was this just another management decision to give away the farm for free. The same team that did not bother to have a proper contract in place with PG?

SUPER SIX RACING, "ground-breaking sporting theatre" , but for who? "a new generation of fans" who do not exist yet and in the mean time the actual customer is not even being looked after. This is "the definitive non-gambling product" funded and paid for by gamblers, owners & members of GC who pay an annual membership fee. Turnover is going backwards at the rate of knots however this non-gambling product will "reignite horseracing", this definitely makes sense.

The examples of success used for buy-in are the, "successful re-imagined Gauteng Summer Cup", i would like to see the revenue stream measurement for this and the T20 form of cricket which is attended in Durban by a small number of people who get free entrance tickets.

When anyone uses the words, "cohesive monetization approach to diversify revenue", i would be very skeptical especially when it is based in blockchain technology.

Maybe I am just a skeptic by nature however I am also tired of people who pay nothing and want to use a racetrack, horses and jocks funded by punters, owners and paying members with zero risk. How Gold Circle members have agreed to this is beyond me. I suppose the biggest head scratcher for me is how the title sponsor Hollywood would be happy with the proposition? A non-gambling blockchain technology product that nobody can track the earnings of in a foreign country using a product that Hollywood sponsors.

If this is such a revolutionary idea bound for success then Gold Circle should charge them R2.4 million to stage the six races and add that money to the stakes pot and to a boosted P6 pool. If this is not the case then why entertain the idea at all?
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Tigershark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:SUPER SIX RACING

2 years 5 months ago
“...a reimagined Gauteng Summer Cup have brought a host of new fans to the horse racing world”.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
Will there be appearance monies for owners?

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 5 months ago
T20 racing was hated by the trainers and the owners before.

“ Turned around “ the Summer Cup my arse

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 5 months ago
Will there be appearance monies for owners?

Great idea, let them pay owners R5000 a run for using their horses.

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
If I battle to understand the press release and I've been a punter for 42 years how will somebody with zero interest in racing catch the bug..block chain?....drones mics ....I was wrong all these years....racing is not about betting on the first horse to cross the line anymore it seems....that is to simple...better to muddle the water with blocks and chains and drones and maybe some new woke concept where maybe you bet on the slowest horse in the race?.... Perhaps more effort should be put into punters finding it easier to back a winner in the race through reformed laws and hard balled stipes.....I think the best thing to do would be to follow the money and see where it leads....anyone remember the fantastic brilliant game-changer that Kzn put on called harnessracing?..Second careers for horses...will be followed world wide...is it still around...I do hope Gold Circle and not spending one cent of their own cash on this folly...let those with all the flash ideas bring in the money to pay for the party

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 5 months ago
Morning Bob
I tried to search for the old thread and it's history to remind me what happened the last time ?

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 5 months ago
Morning Bob
I tried to search for the old thread and it's history to remind me what happened the last time ?

www.africanbettingclan.com/forum/south-a...acing?start=0#791362

• Tigershark
  • Tigershark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago
Bob, there is another insert on Clocking the Gallop, 13 September 2020.

Quite shocking really, the two people discussing it are adamant that racing is not just for the "victim" punters...... the very victims they derive their income from.

I would like to know who locally is actually behind this and once again if it is such a great idea, go and buy some horses and set it up yourself.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Tigershark.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: SUPER SIX RACING

2 years 5 months ago
Question from a trainer who wishes to remain anonymous

“ Super Six racing
.Question is it not illegal to gallop against another Trainers horse if not Racing on a race day in a race?“

Maybe the NHRA will know this ?

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 5 months ago
Question from a trainer who wishes to remain anonymous

“ Super Six racing
.Question is it not illegal to gallop against another Trainers horse if not Racing on a race day in a race?“

Maybe the NHRA will know this ?

yes it is but perhaps the NHRA will regard it in the same light as barrier trials then it will be legal

• Neon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

2 years 5 months ago

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds