War of Athena - now we know

• Over the Air
  • Over the Air's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

War of Athena - now we know

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago
I see Matchett caught R20000 fine. Seems lenient to me
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Over the Air.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: War of Athena - now we know

2 years 2 months ago

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 2 months ago
Interesting change of stable

• Debi

2 years 2 months ago
Like he is the only one drugging lol ,he was just stupid enough to get caught . How sad that all this drugging actually breaks down not only the sport but the breeding . I would like to know who gives these "Trainers" the right to feed horses drugs, therefor turning the Horse into addicts ? Just check the horses that walk like they have a carrot up their butts and the certain way the horses throw their heads ?? just my personal opinion .
The following user(s) said Thank You: durbs

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
Just ban them for life,they know the rules and we don't need cheats in a game where already it's perceived as being crooked by so many.

• Sammy Silver
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago
Looks like the heonymoon is on the rocks for the Matchett/Waterman-Wentzel combination.

• Debi

2 years 2 months ago
What I want to know is if War Of Athena was drugged (as the trainer was obviously caught and fined and the horse disqualified) How do I know if all his runners today are not drugged ?

• ICE MACHINE

2 years 2 months ago
Like he is the only one drugging lol ,he was just stupid enough to get caught . How sad that all this drugging actually breaks down not only the sport but the breeding . I would like to know who gives these "Trainers" the right to feed horses drugs, therefor turning the Horse into addicts ? Just check the horses that walk like they have a carrot up their butts and the certain way the horses throw their heads ?? just my personal opinion .

As much as the punishment handed down was necessary due to the substance being prohibited, it is neither performance enhancing nor addictive so rather do some research before posting this rubbish.

• Debi

2 years 2 months ago
Is dexamethasone a strong steroid?
Image result
Yes, dexamethasone is considered a strong corticosteroid. It is a long-acting corticosteroid that is about 25 times more potent (stronger) than hydrocortisone and 6 times more potent than prednisone. For reference, your body naturally makes the equivalent of about 5 mg prednisone daily.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago
Should surely have to return all the stakes and pay it to the runners up? Isn't that what happened in USA?
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Thor.

• Debi

2 years 2 months ago
Corticosteroids and anabolic steroids are synthetic versions of natural hormones produced by the adrenal glands and gonads. Although they stem from the same precursor molecule, corticosteroids and anabolic steroids have very different purposes and uses.

Corticosteroids most commonly are used to reduce the pain and swelling of musculoskeletal problems caused by inflammation — arthritis (joint), tendinitis (tendon), fasciitis (ligament), and myositis (muscle). In internal medicine, corticosteroids often are used to relieve allergic reactions such as rhinitis (nose), dermatitis (skin), and uveitis (eyes). Basically, any condition with an “itis” at the end (“itis” means “inflammation of”) will respond to treatment with corticosteroids.

Most humans have been prescribed corticosteroids at some time. One of the most common uses in humans is to resolve a bad case of poison ivy. Because abruptly stopping the use of corticosteroids will cause adverse effects, some serious, physicians typically prescribe a dose pack, which contains a daily dosage that gradually decreases over the 10-21 days of treatment.

In athletic horses, triamcinolone is the go-to corticosteroid for inflammation of highly moveable joints; methylprednisolone is preferred to treat inflammation of the spinous processes of the spine; and dexamethasone is used orally and by injection to reduce inflammation and ease the symptoms of allergic reactions.

Corticosteroids are powerful substances that must be used judiciously. Although they are a vital tool in the veterinarian's armamentarium, they can cause laminitis if used improperly or if a secondary event causes the horse's body excessive stress while it is receiving them.

A horse on systemic corticosteroids for body soreness or skin infections that additionally has its joints injected with triamcinolone receives an unintended double whammy of steroids that can lead to laminitis. Likewise, if a horse is being treated with corticosteroids and develops laminitis from an unrelated cause, such as getting into the grain bin, the corticosteroids will cause the laminitis to be more severe.

So War of Athena was given this drug because she was hurting ? Hey Iceman you right it is not performance enhancing it was used to help the horse run while she is hurting . Maybe you should keep your rubbish comments to yourself .

• ICE MACHINE

2 years 2 months ago
Apologies - I must have been mistaken where I thought you were making brainless comments about the substance being addictive.

Numpty

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds