Cape Racing Stakeholders Meeting

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Cape Racing Stakeholders Meeting

1 year 10 months ago
Cape Racing – Stakeholders happened tonight and I was quite pleased to jump in on Zoom

Few observations

The Board is weak, and needs some passion..

Robert Blomberg was on fire 🔥 and what he had to say will be better heard in full later imo

Everyone agreed that racing is in a dire state and needs immediate mending.

Peter de Beyer , John Finlayson, John Freeman, Pippa, Susan Rowett and Dinavan Moodley all made very good points ( amongst others)

Minutes to follow….

I would ask a mix of the above people onto the board immediately
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Cape Racing Stakeholders Meeting

1 year 10 months ago
I have read what's on Sporting Post. Why was this meeting not advertised the first that I knew about it was reading the article?

No one makes mention of what the Ringer said, could you elaborate please?

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 10 months ago
I have read what's on Sporting Post. Why was this meeting not advertised the first that I knew about it was reading the article?

No one makes mention of what the Ringer said, could you elaborate please?

It was advertised on Sportingpost. The Editor replied to a comment that anyone can attend.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 10 months ago
OTA he was getting into his swing, had a pile of files about 12 inches thick and was cut short (told he had 10 minutes)

The board had no reply to him so basically shut him down when he was getting personal about Charles Savage and reminded him that 4Racing was not there to reply to him, although the 4RACING CEO was in the room.

Next Wednesday or Thursday is part 2 and 4Racing will be there so expect some fireworks...

There's plenty of rumours so maybe next week we will hear more about them.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 10 months ago
There was definitely minutes taken, so maybe we can get a copy

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 10 months ago
Also must add i have had a message saying Blomberg was out of order and this meeting should have been about the way forward and not the past..

Another message i have just received was the real reason RB was shut down was the WC & GC proposal (no idea what this means)

PS MJ wanted to hear the rest what RB had to say as most of us do, but the room was more animated (round of applause) when Pippa complained she couldn't get a cheese toastie, so i'm not sure the WC racing crowd have any fight in them tbh

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 10 months ago
It's always been about "transparency" "working together " "customer is king" etc.

All buzz words and slogans from the powers that be, past and present but never a follow through or action plan ..........

Good luck

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 10 months ago
It's always been about "transparency" "working together " "customer is king" etc.

All buzz words and slogans from the powers that be, past and present but never a follow through or action plan ..........

Good luck

3 or 4 of the best questions/statements were about punters

And they weren't from what i would class as "Mad punters" like we have been categorized in the past,

Perter D
John Finlyason
John Freeman

And a guy who's name escaped me who said he visited a Tote in Seaways or Seafront ( sorry if i'm getting the place wrong) who had to step over dog shite to get in, to discover that they only take horse bets and was worried that other income streams are gone for ever.. For some brain box to reply " A FIXED ODDS OPERATION" is a priority of ours.... Now how long ago has that bird flown! Especially now with the saturated market place

• ICE MACHINE

1 year 10 months ago
Also must add i have had a message saying Blomberg was out of order and this meeting should have been about the way forward and not the past..

Another message i have just received was the real reason RB was shut down was the WC & GC proposal (no idea what this means)

PS MJ wanted to hear the rest what RB had to say as most of us do, but the room was more animated (round of applause) when Pippa complained she couldn't get a cheese toastie, so i'm not sure the WC racing crowd have any fight in them tbh

Strange that 2 years ago when Adams was calling Ringer a parasite, nobody interjected and told him to pipe down and that that meeting ' was about the way forward and not the past '
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Brogan

• Methinks

1 year 10 months ago
I was at Turffontein this past Thursday, there was a new bookmaker outside the Elevation room (I think they're called 1st Bet) i recognized the clark from Betting World, i asked her who these people were her reply was that "4RACING have teamed up with them".
My question is,if that is in fact correct why did they sell Betting Word to Betfred?
Could they not have tried to sort out the problem rather than sell a well established business that historically was showing profits of between 70 and 100 bar annually?
There was a punter standing there that said she had won 250k on Met day with 1st Bet in Cape Town and they couldn't pay her(she had to wait 3 days for her cash) in fact she had to reschedule her flight back to JHB.

Once again Charles Savage in his wisdom sold Betting World because he didn't want a fixed odds operation (who was contributing to stakes)only too realize that he messed up and has now partnered with someone else,they also sold their 50% share of Interbet back to Johnny Stark and Gary Phia.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SAVAGE YOURE DOING A STERLING JOB!!!!!!!

• Saint T

1 year 10 months ago
@Methinks,

Savage's ignorance is the wrecking ball that continues to butcher the industry. He is too sacred to face up to Bloomberg so he sends in his little helper, Fundi.

Here's some words of wisdom for Fundi:

You represent WMC....don't stand up publicly an preach "ubunthu" ..... oxymoron

It also does not help your cause when you say 4Q is all for TRANSPARENCY but you are unable to provide a credible rebuttal to the Bloomberg's R100m cost (or donation to the Watson/Savage Retirement Fund) for the pathetic C240 production.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 10 months ago
Following Thursday’s vibrant stakeholder engagement at Kenilworth, concerned
Western Cape Owners, Trainers and Jockeys have been invited to attend a follow-up
meeting on Monday.
The Thursday engagement session was presented by the Kenilworth Racing Board and the
Thoroughbred Horse Racing Trust.
How we summed it up
Cape Trainers Association Chairman Brett Crawford was approached by various concerned
members after the engagement session.
The statement from the concerned group states that we are of the opinion that Mr
Robert Bloomberg did not receive the opportunity to fully present in it’s entirety, what
we believe to be significant points regarding the history and financial contracts
currently impacting the standing and sustainable future of Cape Racing.
In light of this, we would like to afford Mr Bloomberg an opportunity to conclude his
presentation on Monday 9th May at Vasco Da Gama Taverna at 16h30.
We understand that this is short notice but would like to conclude this before the
presentation on Wednesday from 4Racing.
Awareness and understanding of all of Mr Bloomberg’s information could be of paramount
importance in assisting owners and stakeholders with making objective and informed
decisions regarding the future of Cape Racing.
You are hereby encouraged and invited to attend the presentation – there will however
be no Zoom link, so attendance is important.
 Media release by Concerned Owners & Trainers Group on Friday 6 May 2022

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds