Drive pork pies at Betway Summer Cup.

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Drive pork pies at Betway Summer Cup.

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago
Good morning all and exciting times for soccer and racing these days.

Must say I am looking forward to the Betway Summer Cup this Saturday where hopefully we will have a decent turnout.
Johathan Blumberg and his team are very enthusiastic about making their mark in SA racing.

Let me first clarify my obscure heading and it's based on the cars that are being given away in the Betway competition.
Full details are on our Final Field for Summer Cup thread and includes an interview from MDK.

www.betway.co.za/summer-cup/?optin=SummerCup

My weekly song was going to be Drive by the Cars and I was planning how I was going to drive my winning car back from the track after a few JWBs.

It's probably going to be easier to win the pick 6 but there is normally a few shock results on the big days.

In my opinion the Cup should be fought out between Sparkling Water and Safe Passage to give MDK another win.
You can never ignore Janse Van Vuuren and Sean Tarry for the big occasions.
My other early thoughts on possible bankers on the day are Desert Miracle (its owe me plenty) and Shoemaker for the checkered flag.

Just a mention of the UK jumps where the new whip rules could cause Cheltenham some major concerns.
Newcastle on Saturday where Epatante vs Constitution Hill should be a classic.

As for the World Cup and keeping politics aside, only Argentina had the punters crying and both England and France have been impressive.
Saudi Arabia are still 400/1 if you fancy more shocks.

Today Croatia can win.
Germany/Germany
Spain/Spain
Belgium can also win so a few ATC options.

When I was searching for the classic song it reminded me of the Peter Kay sketch where he misread lyrics, it's an old one but a classic.

Good Punting 👍

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Dave Scott.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Drive pork pies at Betway Summer Cup.

1 year 4 months ago
.....a classic Dave....and reminds me of my maternal grandfather from Leeds and lived here for over 50 years but still had the broadest Yorkie accent, as did my Nanna (from Bradford.)....none of the many kids (siblings and cousins) could understand a word that they were saying, but I did.....and me Mum told me that they left me to stay with them for 3 months when I was about 4 years old, while my parents were relocating from the Garden Route back to the east rand....when they had finally settled they came to fetch me and said that I had picked up their similar way of speaking ....:S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• SirPuntalot
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
Will be on course any clanners want to meet for a dop .

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago
Sounds good Sir P 👌
We will be in the Furious Room .
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirPuntalot

• SirPuntalot
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 4 months ago
perfect see you then Dave

• African Betting Clan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago

• African Betting Clan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago

• African Betting Clan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago

• African Betting Clan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago

4Racing Press Release

Johannesburg, 26 November 2022

The 2022 Betway Summer Cup was a golden Joburg horseracing and lifestyle events success as Puerto Manzamo storms to victory

Johannesburg’s biggest horseracing event and one of the city’s top lifestyle and fashion attractions, the Betway Summer Cup, burst back into life today as punters flocked to a vibrant Turffontein Racecourse in droves.

Dubbed ‘The Golden Summer’ as a tribute to the City of Gold’s return to bustling events and activity, punters and racegoers heeded the theme with fashion that was a glittering sight, as racegoers embraced the Golden Summer theme on an entertaining race day hosted by racing operator, 4Racing.

The 2022 Betway Summer Cup was won by the fantastic horse Puerto Manzano, who was ridden by Keagan de Melo for trainer Johan Janse van Vuuren and owner Laurence Wernars, who took home the coveted golden trophy in the R2.5 million stake Betway Summer Cup Grade 1 main race.

Award-winning singer Lady Zamar got the crowd on their feet with her half-time show, performing her famous hits, Citizen and Love is blind, before the main event.

The only race day to feature a half-time show, taking inspiration from the NFL, the Betway Summer Cup half-time show also featured a colourful blend of performers including a delightful display from drum majorettes, cheer leaders, and a spectacular fashion show by the Spero Villioti Elite Design Academy.

“We are thrilled to have hosted a successful 2022 Betway Summer Cup, together with our sponsors and partners that made Johannesburg’s biggest horse racing experience come to life. This was truly the People’s race, with thousands of people enjoying a beautifully sunny day, excellent entertainment and thrilling races,” said Fundi Sithebe, CEO of 4Racing.

The Honourable Johannesburg Mayor Mpho Phalatse attended the event, together with, amongst others, Gauteng MEC for Infrastructure Development and Property Management Tasneem Motara, The Wife actress Mbalenhle Mavimbela, Kaizer Chiefs Marketing Director Jessica Motaung, and Carte Blanche’s Claire Mawisa.

The famous garden-themed Golden Summer marquee was a floral affair, hosting the majority of racegoers with a premium view of the finish line. DJ, media personality and businesswoman, DJ Zinhle lit up the celebrity-filled dance floor, along with Amapiano star Boohle, at the luxurious Voguish Marquee with an electrifying performance.

This year’s sponsors included headline sponsors Betway, Johannesburg Tourism, Jonsson Workwear, DStv and SABC Sport as broadcast partners, showing the horse racing event live from Turffontein on the day.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago
<
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Bob Brogan.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago
<

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 4 months ago

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds