Spurs v Liverpool

• rubber
  • rubber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Spurs v Liverpool

9 years 7 months ago
I have been a Spurs supporter since 1961 when they won the double and afterwards toured South Africa. As a 12 yo boy I stood behind the goals at Kingsmead and watched Jimmy Greaves destroy the SA defence. From that day I was hooked on Spurs but have had not much to cheer about since then.

I have been to London 3 times since then, in 1971, 1973 and 2008. I have only been to White Hart Lane twice to see them play. My nephew who is CEO of a sugar company in Durban has offered me and my daughter, who is an Arsenal fan, the use of their company flat in Knightsbridge for 2 weeks from Friday. On top of this he has bought us tickets for the game on Sunday at White Hart Lane. The tickets are situated on the Lower East Sideline, Row 2. By the sound of it, these tickets must have cost him a pretty penny.

Talk about being lucky. Can't wait to get there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Spurs v Liverpool

9 years 7 months ago
rubber wrote: I have been a Spurs supporter since 1961 when they won the double and afterwards toured South Africa. As a 12 yo boy I stood behind the goals at Kingsmead and watched Jimmy Greaves destroy the SA defence. From that day I was hooked on Spurs but have had not much to cheer about since then.

I have been to London 3 times since then, in 1971, 1973 and 2008. I have only been to White Hart Lane twice to see them play. My nephew who is CEO of a sugar company in Durban has offered me and my daughter, who is an Arsenal fan, the use of their company flat in Knightsbridge for 2 weeks from Friday. On top of this he has bought us tickets for the game on Sunday at White Hart Lane. The tickets are situated on the Lower East Sideline, Row 2. By the sound of it, these tickets must have cost him a pretty penny.

Talk about being lucky. Can't wait to get there.

I hope that you have a wonderful time rubber and be sure to take your daughter to the Emirates for a tour of the ground.

• KitKat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

9 years 7 months ago
I am green with envy Rubber. Iwill never forget their 1963 tour to South Africa. Beat NSAFL XI 5-1;NFL Select XI 5-2;SA XI 3-1. Blanchflower,Greaves,Jones,Medwin,Allen,Mackay,Dyson..........
This after being runners up in the league, beating Atletico Madrid 5-1 in the European Cup Winners Cup and beating Ipswich Town 5-1 in the Charity Shield.
I will have a pint during the game and toast you and your daughter.
Win,lose or draw, remember " Tottenham Hotspur To Dare Is To Do"

Cheers.

• rubber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

9 years 7 months ago
Thanks guys

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

9 years 7 months ago
Enjoy...have a great trip... :)

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

9 years 7 months ago

Attachments:

The following user(s) said Thank You: KitKat

• KitKat
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

9 years 7 months ago
We were completely outclassed.

Trust the occasion was awesome for both of you.

• tottenham
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

9 years 7 months ago
I have also supported Spurs since the days of Noah but was rather disappointed with there performance on Sunday. I always believe and also played football and coached a few amateur sides that the home team always has the advantage but Spurs on Sunday was disgusting. I frequent London once a year and must go to the games at Whitehart Lane.

• rubber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

9 years 7 months ago
After 20 mins I knew that they were a beaten team. One of the commentators after Spurs first game mentioned that they looked decidedly light weight. No Europe next season.

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds