SINGAPORE RACING

• eramutsamaya
  • eramutsamaya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

SINGAPORE RACING

3 years 8 months ago
Louis Beuzelin & Michael Clements has very strong rides on this 14 race card at Kranji. All eyes will be on G1 Kranji Mile with Countofmontecristo facing a very weak field of 16. I see this as real banker for jackpot punters.

The one i like most is Tuesday on Race 2. Before the odds were out this morning, i thought the bookies would price this as 6/10 or short. Bookies are being generous offering 6/1 and this should boost my yankee.

Race 1 Tuesday 6/1
Race 4 Mardoona 15/10
Race 9 Makanani 6/1
Race 12 Countofmontecristo 15/10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 20 to 1

Re: SINGAPORE RACING

3 years 8 months ago
eramutsamaya wrote: Louis Beuzelin & Michael Clements has very strong rides on this 14 race card at Kranji. All eyes will be on G1 Kranji Mile with Countofmontecristo facing a very weak field of 16. I see this as real banker for jackpot punters.

The one i like most is Tuesday on Race 2. Before the odds were out this morning, i thought the bookies would price this as 6/10 or short. Bookies are being generous offering 6/1 and this should boost my yankee.

Race 1 Tuesday 6/1
Race 4 Mardoona 15/10
Race 9 Makanani 6/1

Well done with 1st two... Crossing fingers for the next two.

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 8 months ago
eramutsamaya wrote: Louis Beuzelin & Michael Clements has very strong rides on this 14 race card at Kranji. All eyes will be on G1 Kranji Mile with Countofmontecristo facing a very weak field of 16. I see this as real banker for jackpot punters.

Race 1 Tuesday 6/1
Race 4 Mardoona 15/10
Race 9 Makanani 6/1

I think Beuzelin and Purton went to the same school of how to get a shortie beat.
With Knight Love at 4-10 and Countofmontecristo at 1-1 he was three wide the whole way and hit the front way too early in the straight.
He got your best bet home but I don't rate him,hasn't got those nerves of steel.
Put Duric on those two and the result will be different.

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 8 months ago
durbs wrote:

Race 1 Tuesday 6/1
Race 4 Mardoona 15/10
Race 9 Makanani 6/1

I think Beuzelin and Purton went to the same school of how to get a shortie beat.
With Knight Love at 4-10 and Countofmontecristo at 1-1 he was three wide the whole way and hit the front way too early in the straight.
He got your best bet home but I don't rate him,hasn't got those nerves of steel.

Yeah. Spot on. He picked up what would have been Duric rides and spoiled them.

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 7 months ago
Sundays card is out, the new norm of 14 races with the feature being G2 Merlion Trophy over 1200m. Bold Thruster & Skywalk should be the race fav possibly on based on the recent trial. Seems Skywalk was travelling the better of the 2 on this trial video below.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pirhobeta

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 7 months ago
durbs wrote:

Race 1 Tuesday 6/1
Race 4 Mardoona 15/10
Race 9 Makanani 6/1

The trainer Michael Clements-jockey Louis-Philippe Beuzelin partnership will be looking forward to gaining a big consolation in Sunday's $250,000 Merlion Trophy in Race 12 at Kranji, after letting the $1 million Kranji Mile slip away at the shadows of the winning post last Sunday.

The combination again has the favourite in a successive feature, with Bold Thruster, who is in his prime and should lord over his eight Group 2 Merlion Trophy rivals.

Last Sunday, their Countofmontecristo started as the $11 top fancy in the Group 1 Kranji Mile but finished third in a race which certain quarters felt the horse hit the front too soon.

This allowed the sweepers like Aramaayo and "The Count's" stablemate Top Knight to sail past by just half a length and a short head.

Ever the gentleman, Beuzelin admitted it wasn't the best of his rides. He could have won if he had ridden with a bit of restraint, like when they captured the Group 2 Chairman's Trophy in mid-February.

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 7 months ago
I like his honesty but my gosh he is bad.
How's that ride on Bold Thruster at 4-10.
Sits 4 wide the whole way,doesn't even try go a bit faster so he can at least sit second outside the leader.Just sits there four wide the whole way and gets beaten half a length into third.
Never thought I would say this but he's actually better than Purton at getting shorties beaten.
Doubt he will last long at Singapore.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 7 months ago
Don't forget Joao Moreira used to regularly dominate each meeting at Singapore, and took some time to find the same form in Hong Kong.
The quality of rider in Singapore is generally poor overall, especially with Nunes now gone as well.

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 7 months ago
durbs wrote: I like his honesty but my gosh he is bad.
How's that ride on Bold Thruster at 4-10.
Sits 4 wide the whole way,doesn't even try go a bit faster so he can at least sit second outside the leader.Just sits there four wide the whole way and gets beaten half a length into third.
Never thought I would say this but he's actually better than Purton at getting shorties beaten.
Doubt he will last long at Singapore.

Trapping the horse 3/4 wide whole trip and you expect miracles. He burnt the punters there. Traditionally such recklessness warrant refunding all involved what they had invested :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: durbs

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 7 months ago
Thor wrote: Don't forget Joao Moreira used to regularly dominate each meeting at Singapore, and took some time to find the same form in Hong Kong.
The quality of rider in Singapore is generally poor overall, especially with Nunes now gone as well.

No Thor,this oke is nowhere near Moreira and will never be.
He makes more mistakes than he does right.
Not a clever or skillful jockey in my opinion,goes too early and how does anyone think that by running four wide the whole way you giving your mount the best chance to win.
And remember he's riding for a big stable so the horses he is riding are not usually donkeys.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

3 years 7 months ago
durbs wrote:
Thor wrote: Don't forget Joao Moreira used to regularly dominate each meeting at Singapore, and took some time to find the same form in Hong Kong.

No Thor,this oke is nowhere near Moreira and will never be.
He makes more mistakes than he does right.
Not a clever or skillful jockey in my opinion

Lol sorry what I meant by my post is that all the jocks there are equally bad currently, some less so than the others. There are no standouts great jocks, every race has 4 or 5 horses running 4 and 5 wide and the jocks do nothing to change it. Definitely didn't mean this guy is anywhere close to Moreira's Shadow. Moreira and Nunes were the last two standouts at the centre I recall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: durbs

• eramutsamaya
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

3 years 7 months ago
Durbs did you witness another bad ride by Beuzelin on 6/10 Day Approach on Race 2. Surely this dude knows how to butcher these shorties.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds