WHO ARE YOU??????

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Re: WHO ARE YOU??????

16 years 3 months ago
My alleged fixation on skin colour, politics.... is unpalatable to some members! Rules out 99% of this country's people, including myself!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Setaromedia
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

16 years 3 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Setaromedia.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 3 months ago
Great comment!

Morality is subjective; if we profess to be better, let's respect other points of views, unpalatable as they might be, and debate them sensibly for better understanding.

• Setaromedia
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

16 years 3 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Setaromedia.

• Ryan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 3 months ago
Most Governments in the world are corrupt. But not all are corrupt and illegally invade sovereign states and pilage them of their natrual resourses in aid of there own self interests. Its like this..my best mate has the only tyre shop in the village which is 30 miles away from the next town. So at night I go around slashing a few tyres. The next day my mate either goes around repairing these tyres or replacing them..ala Bush and Cheneys Halluburton Company..Iraq.Only a year to go and Bush will be out and the world WILL be a safer place.

• kuben
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 3 months ago
Kuben = Kuben Govender
Well most people know me as Terence as the pronunciation of Kubendran Govender takes a bit longer than usual.

I reside in Pretoria, I am a merchandise manager within the retail business, been working since completing matric in 99' which makes me just about 25.Trying to study part time at Unisa, I guess my experience from my working career has if anything shown me the invaluable difference between the world of the customer and the world of the employee and the role of the manager.

I absolutely love this sport, from breeding to the races it's an absolute thrill and an exhilirating journey. Met quite a few owners, won't mention names but must say their humility and knowledge precedes them(those whom I have had the pleasure of meeting). Also met champion trainer Geoff Woodruff when Jet Master won the 1200m sprint at Scotsville, I was still in high school and here this humble man leaves the trainers area and is seated one row in front of me, well even if he shared just a greeting tis was good enough.Anyway Jet Master won at the expense of All Will Be Well.
Have been following this game since I was a little kid, back when Mark Sutherland was riding for Geoff Woodruff before Mark Khan took over the role of stable jock for Woodruff in the Cape and before Woodruff relocated to the Vaal. Always knew Jet Master will make it in the big league, was dissapointed when he tailed off in one of his races due to a breathing problem which effectively curtailed his career to races up to 1600m.

Well I have a really great memory of this game, always noting horses for the future(for the races and for breeding) and wait in anticipation for the acceptances let alone the sale catalogues, well I'm confident someday hopefully soon I will be able to be involved as an owner within this game. It's mind boggling to see the quality of catalogues for the sales down under and in Keeneland, not to mention all the other well known countries.
Pity that though the select few local breeders have upped their mares considerably over the last couple of years we now have an abundance of stallions that really should be xported to Ngong and Zim to further their careers.

I love this forum and the enjoy the banter that makes it as good as ever.

On that note I wish everyone of you and your family a tanfastic Christmas and if you a punter hope you win the lot and if you and owner well I hope that you double up!

Sincerely

Kuben

• Professional Player
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 3 months ago
I'm me, formally known as 'DaSpringbok' - I still play the game for a living, and wouldn't change it for all the tea in china! although I would actually, as that would come to a few quid wouldn't it? anyhow, I enjoy myself and couldn't be happier. Likes and dislikes etc, then it's in the posting made when I was 'DaSpringbok', if you're bored and wanted to actually read it.

P.s if anybody out there can predict ground states well advance of the racing, and get them right all the time, then drop me a mail please and save me getting up very f**king early! clerks of the course over here aren't quite up to much to be honest. Speak soon...

• Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 2 months ago
Dieter Ingelouf ( As in INGE and then louwf -NOT loaf like the bread, Man ! ) :)

Part time chemist....Well my Dad left me 5 pharmacies. I got 1 left....zeee others went on the likes of Rhys Van Wyk and co. ( Not their fault, just picked the wrong ones )
Plan to hold on to no 5 BUT it is proving difficult with all the racing.
Married - 4 kids.

Fav bet - Jackpot. Fav jockey (Ever- The late, Johannes 'Rooies ' Fourie.)

Fav food - My wife's.

Fav holiday destiation- Berlin in zee Summer.

Likes - Racing, tellytrack,reading.
Dislikes - Incessant moaning and bitching ( Except my wife's )

• pirates
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 2 months ago
yes longbeard ,bullshit baffles brains hey

• Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 2 months ago
Hi my name is Derek Olsen
I live in Dbn, have followed horseracing for the most part of my 47 years on this earth and still find I dont really know that much. My friend Alcaponee told me about ABC so here I am. Support Liverpool and anyone that plays Man U. Love Johnny Black but when I cant afford it Im a whisky slut - Ill drink anything. Look forward to being enlightened and informed.

• Bored Doe Blend
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 2 months ago
You're most welcome Ippon...and two brownie points to Alcaponee for the intro...by time he makes a positive contribution.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 2 months ago
Gavin Ross

47. Divorced - 2 kids, i got custody.
fav holiday destinations - Mauritius, Phuket luv the bints.
i got a hardware store and do shop fitting as well.
fav course turffies
least fav course durbanville, scottsville
never owned horses i feed them enough
soccer not intrested
rugby very intrested
found abc by chance didnt know sa racing had such a place
fav horse at the moment pointing north
least fav dunford
fav jockey p strydom
fav trainer b wiid

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds