DO WE HAVE ANY GAMBLING EXPERTS?

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

DO WE HAVE ANY GAMBLING EXPERTS?

16 years 1 month ago
GAMBLING expert and TV pundit Angus Loughran has been declared bankrupt, the Insolvency Service confirmed on Wednesday.

Loughran, known to millions of sport fans as 'Statto' was unable to pay his creditors and was declared insolvent at a hearing at Manchester County Court on February 4.

Details of how much he owes, and to whom, were not disclosed. It is not known whether he declared himself bankrupt or if it followed a petition from someone he owes money to.

Loughran is the BBC's betting expert, regularly appearing on TV at big meetings giving advice to punters.

He first became famous predicting football results on the 90s show Fantasy Football League, alongside Frank Skinner and David Baddiel.

Loughran also commentates on football matches on Eurosport and has a betting column in the Daily Telegraph.

The announcement of the bankruptcy was also made in the London Gazette, giving Loughran's former address, in Bowdon, Cheshire, and his occupation as sports consultant.

Loughran was not available for comment.
A spokeswoman for his agent, Jane Morgan Management, said no one was available for comment.

Loughran is understood to have said the bankruptcy order involves council tax arrears.

Bankruptcy is a legal means of freeing a person from overwhelming debts so they can make a fresh start and to make sure their assets are shared out fairly among people owed money.

A firm or person who is owed money can file a petition for a bankruptcy order to be made against the debtor if at least £750 is owed in unsecured debts.

The official receiver will then take over the legal control of the debtor's assets to pay the creditors.

As a bankrupt, Loughran will not now be able to obtain credit for more than £500 without disclosing his bankruptcy, open a new bank account, act as a company director or take part in the management of any registered company without the permission of a judge.

The bankruptcy order on Loughran automatically runs out on February 4 next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mister a
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Re: Re: DO WE HAVE ANY GAMBLING EXPERTS?

16 years 1 month ago
see below

• mister a
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

16 years 1 month ago

• no2son
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
this is the same angus loughran that left £2500 lying in corals in leith apparently handed the tickets in told to come back in half hour but to my knowledge never returned

• Gajima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
Do you think I could pass for him ?

• Barry Irwin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
It has been my experience that those capable of making money do their thing, as opposed to those who dispense their secrets for a fee or commission.

If you are looking for a gambling expert, I think this guy just might qualify:

Steven Allanson

• greenbook
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
you mean the bloke who just resigned as head of Racing Victoria after a betting scandal?

• Barry Irwin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
oui

• A_Paul_Ling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
Barry Steve Allanson an expert indeed
Ex: as in has been and currently unemployed
Spurt: as in a drip under pressure
The man abused his position and did it in a clandistine manner by using an assumed name and once again a disgrace to all his fellow South Africans......i would like to know just how many of the bets he struck were winning ones.....could you enlighten me???

• Barry Irwin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
I just read about the guy, have no personal knowledge. Hope he hit enough to pad his way until his next assignment. He seems an ideal candidate for political office in your country.

• Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
so based on that comment barry, ideally suited for your country would be liars, warmongers and shoot down the throat " i did not have sex with that woman" types.

fucking yanks arrogance never fail to surprise me

• Visitor
  • Visitor

16 years 1 month ago
ap indy you got it wrong mate.
what the teacher says is our country is so corrupt that he would fit in like a book in a libary .
sometimes you are to hard dude.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds