SCOTIA ON THE WEEKEND!

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

SCOTIA ON THE WEEKEND!

16 years 1 week ago
Good morning to the CLAN and hope you are ready for the weekend?

Don't have the same vibe after last weeks feast of racing, but we will try and find a few winners.

Had a few losses this week with Cappoquin, Liquorice, but we always have Mans Mood to recover the damage.

Still no joy with the pain in leg/foot but the doctor has me on Lyrica [ I thought it was a dry white wine ] but its a tablet to go with the high blood and gout ones, must say the mixture with a few shots is rather effective.

We were at the Barnyard the other night ABBA/QUEEN show, very good, seen a chap at the door playing the didgeridoo, he was playing Dancing Queen, which I thought was "Aboriginal".

Also went to our new found Afrikaans pub last night, food and service good, music horrific, but the crowd loved it, plenty "langarm" dancing, watched the ladies picking up men as soon as the first sakkie sakkie was played, in addition they appear to have this affinity to Neil Diamond [ only English song] but Mrs S and myself, got to hell out of dodge before achy breaky heart started, did not want to get caught up with the line dancing.

Plenty racing today from Fairview and Greyville tonight [ plenty hotties for scottie ] plus UK has Aintree, Chester, Hamilton, Lingfield, Nottingham and Ripon, but all a bit uninspiring, but keep an eye on Lingfield on Sat where Jamie Spencer should have a double with Red Rocks and the Derby hopeful Curtain Call, hope its not impressive as my money is on Twice Over.

On the soccer front Glasgow Rangers trying for the treble and hard to envisage Man Unt falling at the last hurdle, but stranger things have happened in football.

On the rugby side still sticking with the Crusaders, and for this weekend, wins for the Bulls, Hurricanes, Blues, Chiefs, Crusaders, Sharks and Stormers for a nice ATC.

Well the pop idols will go to a David, but not sure if it will be Cook or Archuleta?

Will be racing at the big T on Sat. and must remember to put the competition entries on for our "blackpearl" selections.

Interbet should be having place markets soon and hope this will give us a more competitive prices.

I see there is a new nameless/shameless poster doing the rounds "chainsaw" making some rather heavy comments and just for his info this email has a circulation of 80 and not 8 and is sent to mainly racing people, who would appear to enjoy, its a shame we have people who insist on remaining anonymous and have plenty to say and generally degrade forums, all we have given is a "voice to the punter" and it gets abused.

Good punting and may your God be with you.

SCOTIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re: SCOTIA ON THE WEEKEND!

16 years 1 week ago
Hey Scotia, don't knock the Afrikaans music; give it some time and it will grow on you!

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

16 years 1 week ago
Morning Frodo, that's why I keep going back,to establish what I am missing, I am consider buying a Steve Hoffmeyer cd for the car.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

16 years 1 week ago
Steve who - lol; perhaps also try Theuns Jordaan while you're at it!

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

16 years 1 week ago
Does he not play for the Blue Bulls?

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds