Turffontein Tuesday night

  • Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 81090
  • Thanks: 6251

Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago
#653357
Discuss the card below

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shrek
  • shrek's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago
#653364
Looking forward to seeing Green Pepper running again. Won't be much of a price but looks to have a big future.

If New Predator is anywhere new fit after his short break should be very hard to beat at the weights. Kangaroo Jack looks the likely one to pick up the pieces if he is not.

Rest of the nights racing looks very competitive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago
#653368
shrek wrote: Looking forward to seeing Green Pepper running again. Won't be much of a price but looks to have a big future.

If New Predator is anywhere new fit after his short break should be very hard to beat at the weights. Kangaroo Jack looks the likely one to pick up the pieces if he is not.

Rest of the nights racing looks very competitive.

I think Kings Archer with Piere is the one to beat in race 5
i also give King And Empire a place chance
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by fafi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shrek
  • shrek's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago
#653382
fafi wrote:
shrek wrote: Looking forward to seeing Green Pepper running again. Won't be much of a price but looks to have a big future.

If New Predator is anywhere new fit after his short break should be very hard to beat at the weights. Kangaroo Jack looks the likely one to pick up the pieces if he is not.

Rest of the nights racing looks very competitive.

I think Kings Archer with Piere is the one to beat in race 5
i also give King And Empire a place chance

Kings Archer is 8,5 kg's out with New Predator and 4 kg's out with Kangaroo Jack. King and Empire is all of 21,5 kg's out with New Predator. Forest Fox although out at the weights ran above his rating last time behind Kangaroo Jack and could turn the tables on him this time.

At the weights I can not have Kings Archer and King and Empire would have to run his best run of his life just to place in this field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • united4ever
  • united4ever's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago
#653388
Agree with Shrek. I don't think we have a horse in this country including Legal Eagle who can beat New Predator at Turffies giving him 6kgs over 1400/1600 metres

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago
#653392
thanks Shrek bet cancelled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Frodo
  • Frodo's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 12839
  • Thanks: 2764

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago
#653412
shrek wrote:
fafi wrote:
shrek wrote: Looking forward to seeing Green Pepper running again. Won't be much of a price but looks to have a big future.

If New Predator is anywhere new fit after his short break should be very hard to beat at the weights. Kangaroo Jack looks the likely one to pick up the pieces if he is not.

Rest of the nights racing looks very competitive.

I think Kings Archer with Piere is the one to beat in race 5
i also give King And Empire a place chance

Kings Archer is 8,5 kg's out with New Predator and 4 kg's out with Kangaroo Jack. King and Empire is all of 21,5 kg's out with New Predator. Forest Fox although out at the weights ran above his rating last time behind Kangaroo Jack and could turn the tables on him this time.

At the weights I can not have Kings Archer and King and Empire would have to run his best run of his life just to place in this field.

I think this is a very interesting race - imo Kangaroo Jack is at best on the inside course and as Shrek points out, on that last run he should not beat Forest Fox .... however it could be that he needed his last run a bit after a break of 50 days or so ( he ran to abt 106 imo) and if that is the case, he can certainly be expected to improve here and beat FF again; New Predator is coming off a break and has his first run back from the Cape - he probably has bigger fish to fry, so chances are he will not be at peak .... so IF KJ can bring his 'A Game' to the standside track, I think he is going to give NP something to think about, despite the weights :unsure:

3 possible outcomes possible imo -

1) NP does not need the run that badly, in which case he wins
2) NP needs the run quite badly, and KJ reproduces his best form, in which case KJ wins
3) NP needs the runs quite badly, and KJ can not reproduce his best on the standside track... in this case I think anything possible, both Will Pays and Bulleting Home can win if reproducing their best, but maybe the most likely scenario (taking current form into account) could be that Forest Fox and Kings Archer fight it out (on a line through Front Rank not much between these two)

The 3rd race also presents an interesting puzzle .... Joan Ranger looks the one to beat at the weights, but she has yet to win over 1000, Green Pepper, like her stable mate New Predator comes back after a break and may have bigger fish to fry, so I will be including
Old Em, who is best in on official ratings

In the stayers race, quite a few look capable of winning, I think however Cool Chardonnay who is 2 from 2 this trip, will take a lot of beating at these weights even if he does not produce his best
The following user(s) said Thank You: durbanite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago
#653416
Kings Archers finished in front of Top Shot giving him 9 pounds and thereafter TS went in the Samurai Blade race and fourth to Urgent Fury (Mans Inn,Cockade) and naturally went on to win his last
The issue i have is New Predator ran a significantly faster time on the same day but then went to Cape and back
big place chance at least

i doubt Kangaroo Jack is a 113
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by fafi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago
#653469
united4ever wrote: I don't think we have a horse in this country including Legal Eagle who can beat New Predator at Turffies giving him 6kgs over 1400/1600 metres


smartass
www.formgrids.com/subscriber/fgRaceResul...s=NEW+PREDATOR+(AUS)

www.formgrids.com/subscriber/fgRaceResul...s=NEW+PREDATOR+(AUS)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by fafi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • pirates
  • pirates's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago
#653481
fafi wrote: Kings Archers finished in front of Top Shot giving him 9 pounds and thereafter TS went in the Samurai Blade race and fourth to Urgent Fury (Mans Inn,Cockade) and naturally went on to win his last
The issue i have is New Predator ran a significantly faster time on the same day but then went to Cape and back
big place chance at least

i doubt Kangaroo Jack is a 113
so what rating have you got him at?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • PeterD
  • PeterD's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2745
  • Thanks: 4153

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago
#653496
Race 1: Alex the Great very good debut and just has Whorly Whorly to beat.
Race 2: We have Trumpets Calling running. She did nicely on debut and should show improvement. She is one of those horses that shows very little in her work, but should have an ew chance. Madam Secretary is the one to beat, and Charter Jet has useful form. There are a couple of others that could improve on their first runs.
Race3: Green Pepper is very talented, and should beat Joan Ranger if not needing the run. Old Em can compete at these weights at best.
Race 4: Rebel Baron has good form but no value in the price. Time to be Great showed improvement last time and if repeating could upset. Spanish Tune has a wide draw but is capable at best.
Race 5: The weights favour New Predator, but he was way below best in CT. He should win, but if he fails, then quite a tricky race. Kangaroo Jack is classy, and he should have come on from his last run. Silver Class is not the most consistent, but is well in against all except NP at her best. Will Pays is capable at best but poor last two runs. There is little between Forest Fox, Kings Archer and Bulleting Home.
Race 7: I like Kingmambo's Legacy and Save the Rhino to fight this out.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by PeterD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shrek, Magi, Sweet Coetzee, durbanite, jimbo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • fafi
  • fafi's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re: Turffontein Tuesday night

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago
#653503
pirates wrote:
fafi wrote: Kings Archers finished in front of Top Shot giving him 9 pounds and thereafter TS went in the Samurai Blade race and fourth to Urgent Fury (Mans Inn,Cockade) and naturally went on to win his last
The issue i have is New Predator ran a significantly faster time on the same day but then went to Cape and back
big place chance at least

i doubt Kangaroo Jack is a 113
so what rating have you got him at?

i dont do ratings so i should not have included the comment (apologies to the forum for that)..however if his last run was in a handicap Forest Fox would have carried 51.5kg

Im guessing he was overrated after his G3 win
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by fafi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds