Kenilworth, 16/11

• bayern
  • bayern's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kenilworth, 16/11

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago
Some early thoughts seeing the betting is out :-

R1) Academic Gold (18/10), the one they all have to beat if improving on it's last effort. The first of what could be a good day for Domeyer. Has a few rides with lively chances. Queen Of Quiet is the obvious danger, but is proving costly to follow.

R2) Turn It Up Harvey (5/10), looks hard to oppose from a good draw.

R3) Joy Maisha (16/10), is taking on equally unexposed sorts, and unless there is a springer in the race, Domeyer could complete a quick treble on the day.

R4) Constable (3/1), wasn't given the best of rides last time out, should go very close here. I'm convinced that wherever the ruling favourite, Bellingham Bay (2/1), runs, Constable will finish ahead of him. The dark horse must be General Franco, if finding that debut run form, however I'd prefer to wait and see how he go's in his next few starts before putting money on him. Could win, not confident he will.

R5) Dynastic Light (12/10), must be the best bet on the card. Should appreciate the extra furlong and should put this field away.

R6) Sleeping Single (2/1), as strange as it seems, she is well in here. Make her the one they all have to beat, despite returning from a break. Think she's worth a punt and I don't expect her to start at the current odds. Fancy the double with Dynastic Light.

R7) Count Jack (6/1), my value bet for the day. A bit concerning to see stable jock, Orffer, has jumped ship for recently acquired, Parterre, who was successful in the Eastern Cape. Will stick with Count Jack who ran on smartly when winning his maiden over a distance short of what he is bred for.

R8) A low rated handicap where anyone can pop up and win. Go as wide as possible in everything.
Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by bayern.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterD, PeeKay, kristieN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bayern
  • bayern's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Kenilworth, 16/11

4 years 7 months ago
See the 3rd race favourite, Joy Maisha, has been punted as if the result is a foregone conclusion, i hope they right.
Guessing has never been widely acclaimed as a good gambling strategy.

• kristieN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 7 months ago
Ven KEN RC 3 P6 1,10/1,4-7/1/1,4-6/1,4,9/1-11
The following user(s) said Thank You: cross

• kristieN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 7 months ago
(6) Larentina - 3 (W)
Kenilworth - Race 6

(1) Jay Rock - 4.5 (W)
Kenilworth - Race 7

• Dean321
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 7 months ago
General Franco again. (7/2 gone)

Dynastic light the dbl.

Hot Gossip in Turf.

• Dean321
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 7 months ago
kristieN wrote: Ven KEN RC 3 P6 1,10/1,4-7/1/1,4-6/1,4,9/1-11

Add the General in second leg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cross

• Press
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

4 years 7 months ago
Academic Gold is a winner running in maiden company - ignore the last run as the jockey was on an early Christmas vacation then.

• PETERPAN
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

4 years 7 months ago
I don't think ALDO is the jockey to follow, looks like winnaar,Bernie & Marcus.

Bass Stable is not firing yet, drips and drabs, ALDO being back don't make him could cost punters today...am looking for everything to beat Aldo rides till the end.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 7 months ago
Pumping South- Easter ( headwind) to contend with.
Race 1: Academic Gold unlucky loser last time and is the one to beat. Queen of Quiet consistent form and should go close again. Two for Tea and American Prayer good debuts and could improve to challenge.
Race 2: Turn it up Harvey should win this.
Race 3: Joy Maisha the one to beat. Reef Knot improving and should challenge. Proclaimer and Isle of Wight also scope for improvement. Our runner Duchess of Malfi very disappointing last time after a fair debut- drawn in the bush and we don’t really know what to expect.
Race 4: Tricky little race. Gen Franco reverts to the minimum trip and that could be what he wants. Apollo Ace also distance suited. Constable and Dragon Power both capable.
Race 5: Dynastic Light won easily last time and looks a smart sort but has top weight to carry. Rille also a smart up and coming 3yo. Our filly Fynbos should enjoy this trip- she is still learning to race but I think that she has a good ew chance at the weights. While I prefer the 3yos here, there are some useful older fillies to contend with.
Race 6:Sleeping Single renews rivalry with our filly, Secret Depths, and it should again be close. As a northern bred, SS has further WFA improvement to come. SD is fit and well and ran well last time despite a wide draw. Quite a few others with chances.
Race 7:Another tricky race. Slight preference for Quintay, but all of 3,4,6,7 have strong credentials.
Race 8: My roughie for the day is Castellano- her last run was very good against older fillies at disadvantageous weights- she could not get a penalty in 5th, but I have that run as 10lb above her rating. Great ew value, despite the wide draw and although this on the sharp side for her, the headwind will be in her favour. Kathleen is on the up and must be respected. Queens Club and Bindi both still improving and could win. Again I prefer the 3yos, but some useful older fillies to test them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sammy Silver

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 7 months ago
HONEY PIE
LARENTINA
I like both to win but 13-10 place double appeals - Duke Of Marmalade Dbl

• Biggie626
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

4 years 7 months ago
Race one

No.3 WHAT A JEWEL (E/W)

2Runs over C/D

Debut run finishing in 6th place 2.90L off the winner (steady progress)
4winners from the Form line (2nd/3rd/5th place have eon their maidens)

2nd run ground was Yielding... Didn't enjoy the going!!

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago
PETERPAN wrote: I don't think ALDO is the jockey to follow, looks like winnaar,Bernie & Marcus.

Bass Stable is not firing yet, drips and drabs, ALDO being back don't make him could cost punters today...am looking for everything to beat Aldo rides till the end.

You one up early
Two up.
Hopefully not 3 up by the next,Joy Maisha I would think is many a punters pick 6 banker.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by durbs.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds