Jockey moves for January

  • PeterD
  • PeterD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2761
  • Thanks: 4169

Jockey moves for January

3 years 6 months ago
#807338
Cape Town - Ferraris, Marcus, Kennedy, G Lerena, de Melo have all relocated to CT for the month. Most of the other senior jocks living in Jhb have elected to stay there. KZN riding ranks now a bit thin for the month, and P E will be without their regular travellers ( Cheyne, Hewitson, Ferraris, Munger etc)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, TNaicker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Saint Tropez
  • Saint Tropez's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 832
  • Thanks: 93

Re: Jockey moves for January

3 years 6 months ago
#807341
Skipping KZN racing for the rest of January, funny results could be on the cards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Frodo
  • Frodo's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 12860
  • Thanks: 2784

Re: Jockey moves for January

3 years 6 months ago
#807343
Saint Tropez wrote: Skipping KZN racing for the rest of January, funny results could be on the cards

More than usual :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • AJ Yorker
  • AJ Yorker's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 385
  • Thanks: 64

Re: Jockey moves for January

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago
#807355
Is there anything in the works to reinvigorate the RSA jockey title?

Looks like the guy who travels most wins.

Lyle is young and doesn't have any real family commitments.
If things remain the same then Muis Roberts record might be under threat.

Can't we get a R500 000 sponsor for the winning jockey?
Sure that would get Richard off the fishing boat...

Remember the days of Strydom, Marcus and Delpech going at it for months?
Good times...
Richard Fourie is the greatest...
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by AJ Yorker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Pienaar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • durbs
  • durbs's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 7778
  • Thanks: 1901

Re: Jockey moves for January

3 years 6 months ago
#807371
Saint Tropez wrote: Skipping KZN racing for the rest of January, funny results could be on the cards

Can they get any worse?
Now the lesser jockey will have a chance on the so called better horses.
They need to bring the favorites home and show they deserve better than average rides,but are they skillful enough we will have to see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sylvester
  • Sylvester's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 12958
  • Thanks: 1117

Re: Jockey moves for January

3 years 6 months ago
#807372
9 of the top 12 jocks are based in WC for the Month. Amazed as this is the jurisdiction that struggles to fill fields and generally has 5 -7 horse fields.

as one of the other posters said. excellent chance for next tier jocks to have a good go this month. ride work, listen to instructions and don't speak outside of the house.
PeterD wrote: Cape Town - Ferraris, Marcus, Kennedy, G Lerena, de Melo have all relocated to CT for the month. Most of the other senior jocks living in Jhb have elected to stay there. KZN riding ranks now a bit thin for the month, and P E will be without their regular travellers ( Cheyne, Hewitson, Ferraris, Munger etc)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Thor
  • Thor's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2764
  • Thanks: 465

Re: Jockey moves for January

3 years 6 months ago
#807373
AJ Yorker wrote: Is there anything in the works to reinvigorate the RSA jockey title?

Looks like the guy who travels most wins.

Lyle is young and doesn't have any real family commitments.
If things remain the same then Muis Roberts record might be under threat.

Can't we get a R500 000 sponsor for the winning jockey?
Sure that would get Richard off the fishing boat...

Remember the days of Strydom, Marcus and Delpech going at it for months?
Good times...

Exactly. Calling it a champion jockey is a joke, although I do rate Lyle as the best jockey riding currently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds