• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Fairview Friday 24 December

2 years 3 months ago
Sure the pools will be huge.... If you can access Tabonline

COMPUTAFORM: news.tabonline.co.za/FieldsPDF/Computafo...RVIEW@2021.12.24.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dean321
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Fairview Friday 24 December

2 years 3 months ago
Tried the following treble..

Pink Legacy X Young Nelson X Star of the South.

Around 10/1

Bob give us your selections.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pirhobeta

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Fairview Friday 24th December

2 years 3 months ago
Looks like a Christmas card for the bookies

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 months ago
Hi Bob
Please delete other thread that I just started
Thanks

• Scorpion king
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

2 years 3 months ago
Howzit all , just a few thoughts around todays card…does not look easy though so all the very best!

Race 1 – the JHB form of Pink Legacy looks good enough to beat this lot…If Bold Leah is ridden a bit more patiently could challenge
Race 2 – Grace Lightning tough draw again but will challenge for top honors…Lauretta Mia deserves to win this, but this race is tough with likely improvement to come from both and Get it done and Sister Freda…load up in exotics
Race 3 – Linguee drawn a little better now and should be there…nice upset material for exotics…Mount Grace as well could improve more…Young Nelson and Super Fun have obvious win chances but cant see it being easy and I could be wrong…lol…I will also throw in Arctic Advance for the exotics
Race 4 – another tough race to predict with many in with chances…Meercat I think prefers the poly and should be right there…Senescence won well last time but tougher now and could be up to it…Corsage could improve with a better draw now and low weight…Respectable Miss and Princess of Fire have tough draws to negotiate but should be running on strongly…go wide if budget allows in exotics
Race 5 – Star of the South looks a good banker as any today… possible dangers and if it flops, for me, are Silva Tiara and Alado’s Pride!
Race 6 – too tough to call…I will take my chances with Rock Garden , Son of Zeus and Red Eight
Race 7 – shortlist for me …Global Drummer, Whatever Next , Aqua delta , Crown Guardian and Regimental ….Foreign Source could be a lurker at big odds
Race 8 – Gonna take a chance in exotics and banker Vihzoe’s Magic to complete the treble.

Have a blessed Christmas with your loved ones!!

• Zain Nabi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

2 years 3 months ago
Race 1: PINK LEGACY
Race 2: GRACE LIGHTNING
Race 3: YOUNG NELSON
Race 4: SENESCENCE
Race 5: STAR OF THE SOUTH
Race 6: GREAT GUY
Race 7: REGIMENTAL
Race 8: PERFECT ANGEL

All to come place at 58/1

• Zain Nabi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

2 years 3 months ago
Hi Frodo trust you are well. Any idea if Pink legacy is worth bankering in the bi-pot?

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 3 months ago
Friday 24 December #Fairview

VALUE
R6 - Masterful
R8 - Diamonds And Toads

JACKPOT
8/3/9/1

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 months ago
Race 1 Silvano’s first gr 1 winner in SA was Field Flower ( Cape Fillies Guineas) followed by Flirtation (Summer Cup). Flirtation was the better of the two on the race course, but has been very disappointing at stud with just one moderate winner from 6 foals, all by smart stallions. Pink Legacy has had 6 runs in Jhb and not looked like winning so logical to move to PE to try to pick up a few wins for stud. While this is weaker than she has faced to date, and she has an undeniable winning chance, she certainly isn’t an odds-on shot in my view.
Jungle Promise and Bold Leah can both give her a go, and the once raced stablemate Royal Welcome could easily improve enough to win.
Race 2. A competitive maiden priced up at 7/2 the field. Red Rules showed a return to form last time; Make it Happen gets a nice draw for a change; Lauretta Mia and Get It Done are a strong coupling for Sharon Kotzen. These are my shortlist, but if Grace Lightning can overcome the draw it has a chance, Alloway Grove steps up in trip which may suit and Sister Freda could come on from her fair poly debut.
Race 3 Cape Point has his 5th run in PE and on his penultimate effort he should go close with a bit of luck in running from a wide draw. He was squeezed out at the start last time and had to come from way too far back, but was running on very powerfully.
Luyolo had a good double in CT on Wednesday and I’m hoping for a Christmas present winning ride today from him🥂
It’s another competitive race, although I think the key opposition are Joe Harman, Super Fun, Young Nelson. Arctic Advance if he sees out the trip a possible.

The rest of the day is the usual lottery

• Kaotik PA Punter

2 years 3 months ago
Race 3, No: 9 Young Nelson, Christmas bet.

It's been running between 2000 - 2400 in Kzn, almost always within 2 lengths of the finish, the Durban form is slightly stronger than what it meets in this field.

On its Fairview, it was gaining strongly and only tightened up late over a very short distance that was actually a pipe opener being 1400m, and still finished a head second. Over the extra 600m it will be a longer stretch as it stays on strongly at the end.

Music Yeni, draw 10 is no problem as the horse will mid field staying on anyway. The probable danger is the 3 Joe Harman, but I think it still needs a run or two. 2-1 Still looks good value, even though one could of got 28/10 earlier on.

That's my play today, will look a few doubles and treble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ElvisisKing, Pirhobeta

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 months ago
I am trying a BP and PA for interest - thoughts ....

R1: I'm not 1 for blindly following form from other centers - so for me I fancy Jungle Promise.

R2: One of the more open races on the card - Lauretta Mia has credentials, but I'm curious as to why the stable jock would ride Get it Done - so I'm including both with Red Rules, Grace Lightning and Make it Happen, who may have had excuses in her last two starts

R3: Another moderate lot with inconsistent form, as such I think the lightly raced Super Fun can feature here, despite trying the trip; others to consider would be Young Nelson (tried and tested on the Greyville Poly) and Arctic Advance, who also tries more ground - there are plenty of others with chances though

R4: Fillies and mares handicap, where Senescence has taken to the Poly like the proverbial duck to water and should be right there again; Glitter in the Air - I think there may be some stamina doubts, so I prefer the chances of Respectable Miss (very consistent form on the Poly before her last run) and Cana, who looks a bit of value at these odds

R5: Another horse from the Cape making his debut on the Poly, so I'm prepared to take him on; I do think Silver Tiara will go close, with Alado's Pride and Daleel the immediate dangers; others like Zig Zag, Brass Bell and Pacific Duke can't be ignored should the hottie fail

R6: Another low-level handicap, where I think Jet Mirage will be right there, but there are a lot of competition - main danger imo Rock Garden (held by JM on the turf); Bumrah is moderate, but looks well in on previous form and has the advantage of pole position; others to consider the 2 Reds (Bishop and Eight) with Masterful

R7: Global Drummer does look the right one here

R8: Another low-level F&M Handicap; Diamonds and Toads very consistent and should be right there again; Under My Hat probably can still improve and looks the biggest danger; others to consider are the inconsistent Perfect Angel and Autumn Sky, while to me Vihzoe's Magic has something to find at the weights

Enjoy the Christmas Eve meet B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pirhobeta, Zain Nabi

• Zain Nabi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

2 years 3 months ago
A mate of mine Ihenry Jaynarayan who has a share in Thomas Tucker says Neverletugo is a good thing today. Also has two babies with Eric Sands which will run next year.

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds