Media Release: GallopTV

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Media Release: GallopTV

2 years 3 weeks ago
race provisional and they still show betting trends instead of the results... Old days they would have called the commentator and broadcast the audio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
Can anyone tell me who makes the raceday calls from wherever this is broadcast. Not Michael Schumakers cousin, I'm talking the man on the ground.

It cannot possibly be Dominic Zaki can it?

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
is this broadcast outsourced or is it run by 4 racing?...If outsourced then surely they should cancel the contract ...

• mr hawaii
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
I suspect the mascot for this shambles is a horse called We All Chomies -

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Media Release: GallopTV

2 years 3 weeks ago
Dudes, this thread is about GallopTV not ch240.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thor

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
.....so far it would seem that Gallop TV and Ch240 are sharing the free gift box......at least for international feeds.... each has an international channel for today......missing is 240 local racing channel but the live feed channel has local racing from the Vaal....:).....I would deduce that one could get KZN racing on those race days as I hear Deez on the Gallop TV channel covering Ozz cart racing at the moment.....so relieved that I do not have to f@ck about with dishes LN B's FTA decoders etc to get racing....I have 2 FTA decoders that do not work on the DSTV dish despite being told that they should....:unsure:

......yesterday I decided to try the FTA decoder option and finally got it to work on the DSTV dish.. :woohoo: .. which has become a pigeon perch and found I have an avian manure production facility on my roof as the neighbor has a bird feeding station in her yard attracting every heavy sh!tting species in the less mink and more manure belt and now even have a grass garden up there producing more bird seed.... and the lazy f@ckers don't even have to leave my roof to forage at the bird feeder....:S :

.....basically one has to switch the co axel cable from the smart LNB connector (unicable port) to the Universal port to make it work :oops: ....fortunately I had an extra cable already in place which I installed myself many years ago so I made the connection without using or switching the DSTV unicable which I still run to my dormant Dora Explora which still acts as a digital clock....:dry:

......unfortunately the older FTA decoders I have do not have Gallop TV and one would have to upgrade to a Space TV decoder which is around R1400 excluding dish and installation and see that the prices of Ellies(no Gallop TV) and Space FTA decoders have increased above that of a new standard DSTV Explora R799-999...:ohmy:

.....what I notice is that the picture quality on this FTA decoder is by far better than the pictures I was receiving through the past DSTV set up....:huh:

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago
I bought an AMO decoder for R699 and connected to existing DSTV satellite dish. Superb.

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Mac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
.....dose it have Gallop TV....:huh:

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
Muhtiman wrote: .....dose it have Gallop TV....:huh:

… of course, that’s why I bought it ( there are others too). It also has all those common free channels like eTV, SABC, etc as well as a myriad of poor quality channels. What does intrigue me is that there is a dedicated cricket channel cast in HD too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
......well then this looks like a better option than some of the other devices I have checked out.....now that I got the right connection to the dish I can get this option.....and not to waste the older decoder will run it and connect to a separate TV for the missus to watch when streaming is not possible (load shedding again) ....;) ....BTW these FTA boxes only require 40W power sources and can back up together with low wattage TV or monitor off an in expensive inverter....:unsure:

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago
You sound like a technical person Muhti, I am not. Check that your LNB can accommodate a 2nd fixed cable, else you will need to buy one to reconnect to your DSTV dish. ( I understand that most LNB’s these days do have the required number of ports. Mine did).

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Mac.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
......already thought of that.....as the smart LNB only has 1 universal and 3 unicable connections so it will not work for the 2nd FTA but I kept my original dual LNB and my old dish(I never throw sh!t away :P)....so will use the dual LNB to get a better signal split.....these Mutlichoice f@ckers never reveal tricks and hold the market to ransom and have stopped the Smart LNB supply as it allows for a competitor box connection to run from "their" dish....their new LNB's now only have dual unicable connectors to run 2 DSTV decoders and before you could run 3 decoders plus a FTA box....I'm not that technical but learn fast as I got tired of being ripped off by okes that did crappy installations so that they could come back and take more when the original installation f@cked o@t after the warranty....:ohmy:

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds