Gallop TV Production Crew

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Gallop TV Production Crew

1 year 11 months ago
.....we have covered this before.....and googling I see that this raised its head around 2011 and 2014 and the SPCA and other similar bodies were most vocal and against it....I even posted the following........they starve the dogs to make them chase for food rewards....tie up toes with elastic bands to slow them down.........my maternal grandfather had a very good friend here that many many years ago took in many of these hounds to rehabilitate them when dog racing was finally banned here in 1949....:ohmy:

.....lets face it.... in our very corrupt country there will be many more problems than what happened here in the past....:huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago
The pools we bet into at Tabtouch are solely Oz Greyhound Racing.
The Metro tracks like Wentworth Park attract the top Greyhound stables and the crowds, children included love their dog racing.
This past weekend there were heats for a massive Million Dollar Final to be run on 07/05/2022 at the above venue.

With the high standards set by the Ozzies in all their racing, Horse, Harness and Greyhound it is no small wonder that all continue to flourish down under.

From Friday nights through to Saturday Evening there is racing in close to over a hundred venues across all spheres of the racing.

And the population is about 23 million, almost 1/3rd of Mzansi.

PS. There are charities that benefit from entrance fees etc to ensure that the dogs are rehomed after retiring, like Greyhounds for Pets
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by mikesack.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
....Over 1,000 racing greyhounds die or are killed each year, according to new figures by the dog racing industry.

It has also been revealed that racing dogs suffer almost 5,000 injuries a year, meaning one in every three racing dogs is injured.

The information comes from the Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB), which is the self-regulating body which governs registered greyhound tracks in the UK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr hawaii

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago
Would reckon that’s roughly the same as horse racing then

How many horses you owned that don’t have issues 3 times a season?

Greyhounds stubbing toes and pulling nails will put them on the injured lists

I would like to bet their are more greyhounds live to reach double figures than there is horses!!!

Anyway another thread hijacked
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikesack

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
......sorry we jacked the thread.....but it is about ethics.....sure horse racing has injuries and a fair amout of horses are injured and destroyed but ethical horsemen and women will have a fewer amount of incedents as thouroughbreds are afterall pretty fragile but good care and ethical management reduces the amount of injuries.....sure there may also be ethical people in dog sports and other equestrian persuits yet those are the sports that are most targeted by animal rights organizations.....:S

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

:oops: :oops: I would like to bet their are more greyhounds live to reach double figures than there is horses!!!

......and I will take your money any day....as the life expectancy for medium and larger domestic dogs is just within the lower double figures 12yrs-13yrs average.....racing dogs are fed unusually high protein diets and after racing their endocrine systems are shot and many on expensive diets as they cannot cope with processing (normal) dog food....
....I was exposed to this when in the thread above often visited a greyhound rehabilitation facility ....sure there were a few bitches (ex-breeders) around 15yrs old....but even on sustained high protein diets(chicken) and plenty exercise the average ex racing dogs never got beyond double figures.....more recently I befriended 2 greyhound owners in the area that had adopted local rescues (illegal racers) the one a male was a soft gentle but skittish animal and was hardly ever let off a leash as he would bolt from the park if challenged by smaller dogs.....the other a bitch ranged off the leash but was mussled as she would chase and hunt the smaller dogs....both dogs died at 7 years old.....:ohmy:

.....the age of cared and re-homed race horses is known to be in the double figures and a higher percentage get beyond 20years old .....as the life expectancy of most horses is double that of medium to large dogs....:whistle:
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Muhtiman.

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Why is Galloptv channel 2 on the stream giving an error "Source not found". It normally broadcast the overflow meetings like the French Racing.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago
They are investigating now

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
They are investigating now

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I’ve been having a lot of screen pixelation via the FTA decoder. Anyone else getting the same? The pixelation occurs with the imported live racing feed. On the the local feed, eg results and dividends, the picture is perfect.

The pixelating is now proliferate on the local feed. 😢. Not sure if my system or otherwise?

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Mac.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Gallop TV Production Crew

1 year 11 months ago
Mac wrote: I’ve been having a lot of screen pixelation via the FTA decoder. Anyone else getting the same? The pixelation occurs with the imported live racing feed. On the the local feed, eg results and dividends, the picture is perfect.

The pixelating is now proliferate on the local feed. 😢. Not sure if my system or otherwise?

I’ve just watched the Dante on the FTA , no pixelating 👍.

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Gallop TV 2 still has a weird error

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds