Re:Re:MOTHER MOTHER

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

MOTHER MOTHER

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago
Good morning all from a rather pleasant Pretoria.

MOTHER MOTHER is the opening line from the old classic "What's Going On " by Marvin Gaye.
Considering it's Mother's day on Sunday and the question has to be asked with our racing "what's going on" it's a fair song choice for today.

We have some good racing from Greyville today where a couple of raiders should get the punters off to a good start.

I really enjoyed watching racing from Chester this week and Ryan Moore was at his brilliant best winning 8 races from 11 mounts.
The TV coverage was excellent but we still have not mastered the split screen option and fixed odds betting is still missed by this punter.

The Cape racing stakeholders meeting certainly got some tongues wagging.
The follow up next week should certainly be well attended.
It still appears that all the buzz words used for a brighter future e.g "working together " "transparency " " customer is king" etc are still far away as the power struggles continue and racing suffers.

We have interesting posts on the above subject and if it's fact that 4RACING have done a u turn on their fixed odds stance, it just adds more confusion to the overall picture.

I have been stating for months that the TOTE is for exotics and you cannot encourage anyone to punt via the tote whilst scrolling R1.50 on even money shots.

On the subject on getting a bet on the big American punter Jim Mclngvale is putting in the region of 3M$ on the Kentucky Derby fav tonight (one o'clock Sunday morning) at this stage I am not sure whether Epicenter or Zandon will start fav? I fancy Tiz the Bomb at 33/1.

We also have a feast of racing from the UK where there are 9 venues including 2 from Ireland on offer.
I am not sure what is televised but Ascot and Haydock look the best.

As far as "What's going on" in Ukraine, KZN, covid, eskom, ANC , it's all just hard to comprehend.

Good Punting 👍 and be good to MUM

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Dave Scott.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flydubai, Lionel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:MOTHER MOTHER

1 year 11 months ago
Also the Derby and Oaks trials from Lingfield.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: Re:MOTHER MOTHER

1 year 11 months ago
Yes Mac

Maybe Walk of Stars can add to the Buick/Appleby strong string .

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:MOTHER MOTHER

1 year 11 months ago
Will they be on TV?

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago
Hi Mac have often asked for a scroll on what will be showing but guess they have other priorities can't even get a copy of Mollys exotics ( that would probably establish what they will show)

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Will they be on TV?

They offering all the exotics for Lingfield therefore they should show it on 240 but 4Racing sometimes do not even show the races. Galloptv will definitely broadcast it though.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
I am really curious. We have the announcement that they are looking for a jockey for a horse in the race about to run. Any person that even has half a clue about racing will know that the race will now be delayed substantially. And yet 4shit racing is still focusing on this coverage, we are listening to rambling from the course, they are showing the 2 mins to race animation, and all this while quality UK racing is happening lost to SA viewers. Pathetic showing.

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds