Re:Racing 240 audience up 24% on Tellytrack numbers in first independent viewership

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Racing 240 audience up 24% on Tellytrack numbers in first independent viewership

1 year 9 months ago
.....to each their own.... but for me and I'm sure many others..... Ngong racing is a definite channel changer....:dry: .however they ARE receiving a handout by having their product showcased on a broadcast medium with a large African footprint.....I believe that the "quid pro quo" is that they are seen as a market for South African bred horses and therefore get this handout.....Funny thing is that it does not seem to be working.... as they have not been as active at recent bloodstock sales....:unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Racing 240 audience up 24% on Tellytrack numbers in first independent viewership

1 year 9 months ago
......Funny thing is that it does not seem to be working.... as they have not been as active at recent bloodstock sales....:unsure:
Xxxxcccccccccccccccccxxccccxx
At their National Sales at Ngong on 9th July the 20 lots on offer were all sired by Westonian by Bezrin.
Westonian won several classics up there and is highly sought-after, reminds one of the days when Persian Wonder and Drum Beat were the sought after sires in SA back in the day.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
.....:ohmy:....not really spoilt for choice....had no idea that things up there were that bad....they then need every handout that one could possibly muster.....maybe some of our flush breeders can donate a few under supported stallions.....:dry:

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
Maybe they need to give up the idea that they have a sustainable racing model and call it a day. People try things and fail. To keep pushing a failing model is a recipe for failure to all associated.

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Racing 240 audience up 24% on Tellytrack numbers in first independent viewership

1 year 9 months ago
In my opinion Bezrin is a most underrated stallion. He is still with us.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Racing 240 audience up 24% on Tellytrack numbers in first independent viewership

1 year 8 months ago
.....I see in the SP that Kenya are now requesting 20 horses in racing from here to try keep their racing going..:S ..I just hope that the Hawk can help them inject a bit of life into that project....they need not be slow horses nor unsound horses....but some of those moderate ones that will be saved from our predator parks.....and yes if Mr Greenstreet also wants some more milage after winding down his operation ....a donation may also just go a very long way....;)

• Over the Air
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
Muhti why in the world would we want to assist Ngong before Zim? While I am sure that Hawkins could easily find 200 slow horses in KZN the question remains why this has become "our" problem.

If 20 KZN soup meat are needed to bolster the Kenyan racing experience you have got to wonder why we endure this donkey derby on our screens.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
Muhti why in the world would we want to assist Ngong before Zim? While I am sure that Hawkins could easily find 200 slow horses in KZN the question remains why this has become "our" problem.

If 20 KZN soup meat are needed to bolster the Kenyan racing experience you have got to wonder why we endure this donkey derby on our screens.
......:lol: :woohoo:

......because our predators get enough donkey meat.....at least the lions up there also get to eat.....:lol:

.......but jokes aside nothing ventured nothing gained....say racing eventually gets turned around here and somehow theirs does too....quid pro quo....long after you and I have departed those poor Kenyans will eventually repay the favour....;)

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
......reminds me of a time when Tricky Micky was flush but our racing was not....he had a surplus of sires and sent them a few.....one was Russian Revival as he did not get enough attention here....another trainer/breeder that supported that sire started having a rich vein of form with that progeny and went and got him back....but sadly he died and never sired anything again....:unsure:

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
......reminds me of a time when Tricky Micky was flush but our racing was not....he had a surplus of sires and sent them a few.....one was Russian Revival as he did not get enough attention here....another trainer/breeder that supported that sire started having a rich vein of form with that progeny and went and got him back....but sadly he died and never sired anything again....:unsure:

Shadwell and Summerhill had a dispute about the Summerhill College. Shadwell then moved their stallions away.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
....yes...but I think that happened afterwards....:huh:

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
.....actually in fact way way afterwards as I remember when Vin Fizz was bought by Shadwell my biggest claim to fame was in her belly and that horse was foaled at Summerhill and so were his siblings....:P

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds