July ''23 - Early A/P Betting

• Frodo
  • Frodo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

July ''23 - Early A/P Betting

1 year 3 weeks ago
For those looking for the A/P value, I'd suggest that you have a bet on your 3yr old fancy before they run the Classic and the Fillies Classic this afternoon - as the winners and most likely the placed runners should shorten by tomorrow.

Imo, I'm not convinced about any of the 3yr-olds yet (bear in mind this is posted before the running of the Classics) - my fancies of the 3yr-olds would currently be Cousin Casey (see his shortened to 11/2) but no value imo at this stage; of the fillies I think take a look at Feather Boa (currently offered at 50/1 - favorite for the Fillies Classic, but double the odds of the 3-yr old colts running in the Classic)

Of the older horses, I still believe that Waterberry Lane at 150/1 offer big value, while I have a sneaky suspicion that Joey Soma is quietly preparing Red Saxon (and I think most will agree that he is no monkey when preparing a horse for a specific race) - so at 50/1, I think Red Saxon also offers value - as things stand I think he will be receiving 1 kg from the year younger Cousin Casey; others that may offer some value currently are Warrior (not sure he will run though), Aragosta (not sure what the plans are with him) and Litigation (if he is aimed to run in the July)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Sammy Silver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: July ''23 - Early A/P Betting

1 year 3 weeks ago
In typical knee-jerk reaction, I see that Anfields Rocket has shortened dramatically in the betting this morning - but I don't see the female winner of the Fillies Classic anywhere, while close-up 2nd Feather Boa is still offered at 50/1; for those interested the runners behind AR (Jimmy Don and Billy Bowlegs) are still priced up at 50/1 with WSB (double the odds currently on offer from HW)

In other moves, for some reason both Pomp & Power and Rascallion have also shortened :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman, Sylvester

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 3 weeks ago
Rockpool has been gelded. 20/1

i dont have a pick yet

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 2 weeks ago
Nothing confirmed that I could see - but Charles Dickens is now quoted at S/P by WSB - and seems to have disappeared from the HW board :unsure:

• Craig Pienaar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 2 weeks ago
read somewhere it was withdrawn a couple of days ago , was hoping it would run so cousin casey can show charles who is the sheriff in this town

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 2 weeks ago
JIMMY DON at 40/1

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 2 weeks ago
read somewhere it was withdrawn a couple of days ago , was hoping it would run so cousin casey can show charles who is the sheriff in this town

Trainer confirmed Charles is oot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frodo

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds