• Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

From a Punter to a Champion!

11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago

Tab4racing Media Release

Johannesburg, 28 April 2023

From a Punter to a Champion!

In celebration of tomorrow’s big World Sports Betting Championships Finale, TAB4racing is upping the stakes with its punters competition and giving winning punters the chance to win R5000!

If you have a TAB account and do turnover on Champions Day of R500 or more, you will be in line to win big in the punters competition.

There is no entry fee for this special Champions Day competition, which kicks off with race one at Turffontein at 11h50.

To enter punters can simply opt into the competition, which can only be found on www.tab4racing,com under the “Competition” logo. Punters need to have a minimum balance of R500 in their TAB 4Racing account. If you do not have a TAB 4Racing account, it is quick and easy to open one by clicking on “Register”.

You can then take a bet to the value of R500 or multiple bets over multiple races to a total value of R500 (or more should you have winnings from competition bets). As long as you have turned over R500 on the race meeting it will ensure you qualify as an entry.

Remember to check that the tick box is ticked to enter the bet into the competition!

Bets that are entered into the competition and are winning, will increase your competition balance and allow for you to play more should you feel that luck is on your side, to finish with the biggest balance at the end of the race meeting.

Bets entered into the competition cannot be taken in excess of the available competition balance.

Competition winners will be determined on a leader board which will identify punters who have met the criteria of a minimum turnover of R500 or more.

The grand prize for the special Champions Day punters competition will be R5000 for the winner, R2500 for second place and R1500 for third place.

Should there be a tie, this will be split amongst the winners.

Punters who have a R0 competition balance after all bets have been finalised, will be deemed to be out of the competition.

Sign up, have fun and all the best in this fun Champions Day punters competition.
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Bob Brogan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justanotherpunter
  • Banned
  • Banned

Re: From a Punter to a Champion!

11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago
I find these T's & C's confusing. Surely others do too?

So you determine how much you want put into your account to enter the competition and as long as you turnover R500 you're good? I don't get why everyone isn't starting the comp with the same balance. It makes no sense. Or have I got it wrong?

Surely they are driving to get people betting on the tote. The prize money should be a loss leader. R500 minimum to win a 5k prize hardly entices me, and I would think R500 would be beyond what a lot of people would be willing to spend.
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Justanotherpunter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnnycomelately

• Neon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

11 months 2 weeks ago
R5000 prize lol - is it 1996 again?

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 2 weeks ago
Fuck all these competitions, and reduce the takeout percentage, give betting rebates and cash back on turnover, improve the offering of bets available to punt on, and work on updating ticket info for exotic bets quickly, so that there can be no impression of manipulation.
Honestly, nobody wants this crap, we just want a good value add tote service, that doesn't suck up all the value from the ecosystem through their takeout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 2 weeks ago
Fuck all these competitions, and reduce the takeout percentage, give betting rebates and cash back on turnover, improve the offering of bets available to punt on, and work on updating ticket info for exotic bets quickly, so that there can be no impression of manipulation.
Honestly, nobody wants this crap, we just want a good value add tote service, that doesn't suck up all the value from the ecosystem through their takeout.

I agree with most of your sentiments - but please don't speak for me - to say NOBODY WANTS THIS CRAP is rubbish - I for one do like it :dry:

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 2 weeks ago
I find these T's & C's confusing. Surely others do too?

So you determine how much you want put into your account to enter the competition and as long as you turnover R500 you're good? I don't get why everyone isn't starting the comp with the same balance. It makes no sense. Or have I got it wrong?

Surely they are driving to get people betting on the tote. The prize money should be a loss leader. R500 minimum to win a 5k prize hardly entices me, and I would think R500 would be beyond what a lot of people would be willing to spend.

As I understand it, everyone starts of with the same COMPETITION balance, which is R500.

I do agree though that the 5k prize should be higher in relation to the minimum turnover of R500 - if one takes the ABC 'Buy-In' competitions (where are you Magi / Elvis :P), the entry fee is usually R100 and with contributions from ABC (and others) the usual pool on a big day could easily be 4k or more

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 2 weeks ago

I agree with most of your sentiments - but please don't speak for me - to say NOBODY WANTS THIS CRAP is rubbish - I for one do like it :dry:
.....I would have been with you on this one but the little glitch with the tote going down yesterday has some what soured me..... as imagine being in the running to do some serious churn and be in line for a prize and then not being able to capitalize because the system cannot accept any bets.....I think that they should try get the basics right before getting all razzy matazzy with these promotions and compos.....:huh:

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 2 weeks ago
.....and the older TAB site is down again.....but 4Racing which I don't particularly like using is for now still functioning not that I am betting from there today but like to check the tote odds while giving my moola to the open bet merchants ....but hey they should get the basics right first.....:dry:

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 2 weeks ago
I think that applies to most betting sites - getting the basics right - how many times have we had complaints on here about HW being down :dry:

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

11 months 2 weeks ago
....this is why I still support WSB as they give the least amount of sh!t.....just this morning had to fire off a message to them as Singapore betting portal was not up about 20min before the 1st race.... but was up before they got my message....:oops:

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

10 months 3 weeks ago
TAB4RACING MEDIA RELEASE
SUBJECT: TAB4Racing daily Champion Punter competition
DATE: 27 May 2023
RELEASED BY: 4Racing

TAB4Racing’s daily Champion Punter competition on every South African race meeting is in full swing and the top punter at this Saturday’s Hollywoodbets Greyville meeting will win an all-inclusive Hollywoodbets Durban July package.
The meeting is headlined by the Grade 1 Daily News 2000 and Woolavington 2000, and there is more up for grabs in the punter competition than the daily cash prizes. In addition, the winner of the TAB4Racing Champion Punter competition will win an all-inclusive package for two to the Hollywoodbets Durban July meeting.
And there are bumper prizes in store in the punter competition on Durban July Day on Saturday 1 July. The winner will collect R15,000 with R10,000 for the runner-up and R5,000 for third.
TAB online customers must have a minimum balance of R100 to participate in the competition and must bet a minimum of R100 to qualify for the prize. The winner of each daily competition gets R500 with R300 for second and R200 for third. All bet types can be played and prizes are split in the event of a tie. Go to www.tab4racing.com for full details and T&Cs

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds