Hollywoodbets Durban July Log

• Ravi

Re: Hollywoodbets Durban July Log

10 months 2 weeks ago
Here’s a short Video of Zapatillas’ gallop at Randjiesfontein on Wednesday. He’s on the inside furthest from the camera .. and gallops with Winchester Mansions
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ravi

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago
And Luyolo Mxothwa’s post gallop comments 😉
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Bob Brogan.

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

10 months 2 weeks ago
BrIlliant, thanks RAVI
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravi

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

10 months 2 weeks ago
Nice one Ravi much appreciated 👍
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravi

• flydubai
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

10 months 2 weeks ago
A question to those out there who understand these things better than me..
Airways Law (110) runs in a 1400 race on Saturday. At this distance, against a very decent field imo.. apart from a prep, what can be gained in terms of convincing panel that it deserves a run. I am battling to understand the merits of such a late run, if the expectation was to qualify for the July as nominated, and left in last stage?

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

10 months 2 weeks ago
A question to those out there who understand these things better than me..
Airways Law (110) runs in a 1400 race on Saturday. At this distance, against a very decent field imo.. apart from a prep, what can be gained in terms of convincing panel that it deserves a run. I am battling to understand the merits of such a late run, if the expectation was to qualify for the July as nominated, and left in last stage?

Ours is not to reason why - but I assume there are other factors beyond the trainer's control :unsure: especially as he would come in very handily weighted as things stand

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Hollywoodbets Durban July Log

10 months 2 weeks ago
flydubai wrote: A question to those out there who understand these things better than me..

If he shits in his MR may jump to the moon.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago
So what have we learnt after this weekend's racing - not really a lot imo bar the fact that many of the geese have shown that they are not swans - one horse that now enters my picks is Safe Passage - and I think imo the winner will be either Rascallion (slightly disappointing, but 1600 too short) or Safe Passage - unless the 3 yr-olds are better than I thought, in which case See It Again could be the right one; then completing the list of possible winners imo would be Winchester Mansion - depending on what the Handicapper does :unsure:
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Frodo.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

10 months 1 week ago
So what have we learnt after this weekend's racing - not really a lot imo bar the fact that many of the geese have shown that they are not swans - one horse that now enters my picks is Safe Passage - and I think imo the winner will be either Rascallion (slightly disappointing, but 1600 too short) and Safe Passage - unless the 3 yr-olds are better than I thought, in which case See It Again could be the right one; then completing the list of possible winners imo would be Winchester Mansion - depending on what the Handicapper does :unsure:

And let me look for that yellow stuff - don't think Zapatillas will stay, while Rain in Holland imo is too high in the handicap imo :huh:

• Saint T

10 months 1 week ago
@Frodo,

"So what have we learnt after this weekend's racing"

1- Thank goodness we did not hear from Kotzen or and of the connections that Cousin Casey had any sort of chance!!!!!!!!!!!! Punters have been taken for a ride on this horse since the start of the current season. And Kotzen has suffered absolutely no consequences!!!

2- Any info from a stable whether its a video from an owner, trainer, jockey or breeder - its is not to inform punters BUT MERELY TO PROMOTE THEIR RESPECTIVE BUSINESSES. Unfortunately, they do not get punished sufficiently for providing misinformation.

3- Punters would be better served if trainers STFU! My poor mates, who are owners and punters, still listen to trainers after being in the game for decades! I constantly remind them why they are halfwits for disseminating misinformation from trainers that clearly have their own agendas. And giving their owners or the public info is not on their agenda.

• Sealegs

10 months 1 week ago
What a load of BS. You speak for yourself only. Nobody forces you to back their horse. The owner shared a video of the horse, he doesn't have to.Most punters appreciate gestures like that, myself included.

Also, what business is being promoted?

• Elmo

10 months 6 days ago
Interesting run from Do IT Again, finding traffic at back of the field, lol .Although second last finished off with a good stride. Another place bet for the July. So far looks like the Daily News 2000 formline might hold up for the July with more improvement to come from Without Question. If there is going to be an upset maybe Pomp and Power .

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds