Last Request?

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Last Request?

11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago
Good morning all, we are just home after a wonderful mid week break, we were invited by friends to another road trip.

We were on the crocodile 🐊  river near the Kruger Park .

On the way there approx 20km from the boarder we past a line of trucks which must have been around 30km in length waiting to cross the boarder.

I have never seen so many trucks in line waiting to enter Mozambique and the poor drivers must spent about 4 to 5 days just to make a 5 hr trip!

On the plus side for us we were able to escape power cuts and poor service delivery for a few days.

On return to Pretoria our area had once again suffered cable theft for 4 days and non collection of dustbins due to a strike.

In my opinion it's time to bring some independent security services into action to put a stop to this cable theft.

Back to our holiday in Marloth Park the game we were able to see was exceptional and daily visits to our accommodation was the norm .

Hello dear 

As far as racing is concerned we have had a run of many hotties 🔥 arriving on the UK thread .

Next we have York from 23rd August with Paddington in the Juddmonte, the Yorkshire Oaks where Soul Sister, Savethelastdance and Emily Upjohn all potential runners. 

Nunthorpe where Highfield Princess should be a cert if running.

I notice on the local front the second race has been abandoned today due to only 3 runners?

I am not in favour of this, sorry to owners. 

The lady jockeys won the International challenge at Ascot beating the Rest of the World, Europe and UK teams with a couple of outstanding rides.

Keeping with the ladies the World Cup has reached the final four and the English are fancied to "bring it home" Spain are the favs.

Can anyone beat Man City as the Premier league season has kicked off.

Newcastle United at 20/1 are worth a punt.

As far as Last Request. 

Mrs S and myself are still considering our last holiday to coincide with our 50 year wedding anniversary early next year .

The exchange rate is a big factor and Sue is not that keen on Cheltenham so we are still brainstorming. 

We were listening to Paolo Nutini over the weekend who I was convinced played on the wing for Inter Milan and not a Scottish lad as well as a good chanter at that.

Good Punting 👍 

Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Dave Scott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ElvisisKing
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Last Request?

11 months 1 week ago
Dave, u both being of SCOTTISH descent, won't feel the cold. How about a once in a lifetime cruise to THE ANTARTIC / FALKLAND ISLANDS.......can highly recommend this trip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Sylvester

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds