Rugby championship

• fingers
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Re: Rugby championship

1 year 7 months ago
can't believe it - my 13/1 aus -15.5 h'cap bet just losing out

it's just laughable that it is always said how beeeg and physical the boks are - the aussies outmuscled them here easily (as always)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CnC 306
  • CnC 306's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
10 minutes in and it’s one of those matches that you can see the result already, Wallabies going to win with ease

I was hoping to be proven wrong :(

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
SA need to make sweeping changes to the starting lineup. Am and de Allende getting stale now, Am needs another partner, drop de Klerk, bring in Le Roux at full back, Mostert at lock, Marx and Kitschof to start, Smith to come in place of Vermeulen who can’t last 60 minutes. Be bold it may bring them a win.

• CnC 306
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
Argentina to pummel the ABs up front leading to a shock win.

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago
SA need to make sweeping changes to the starting lineup. Am and de Allende getting stale now, Am needs another partner, drop de Klerk, bring in Le Roux at full back, Mostert at lock, Marx and Kitschof to start, Smith to come in place of Vermeulen who can’t last 60 minutes. Be bold it may bring them a win.

Potentially a black weekend for SA Sport - chances are the Proteas will also lose today with an innings - the 7s is a toss-up - maybe we win, maybe we don't :unsure:

Back to the rugby, obviously the 'Boks made some silly mistakes, and I agree changes need to be made - but it's too late (ito the World Cup) to introduce a new 'team' (including the coaching staff) - so we will have to make do what we have, bar for one or 2 changes perhaps :unsure: For me de Klerk cost us a certain try for being too slow to clear the ball (when Ox should have scored there was clear overlap, but Faf's inability to clear quickly enough, meant the opposition had a few seconds to line up); I think Du Toit, Vermeulen and Frans Steyn are past their best and maybe it is time to give Libbok a chance at fly-half; also this 'plan' of playing the guys out of position is not working (Gelant an example) - and then why do they insist in clearing the bench (2nd week in a row) with 20 minutes left ?

That being said, I thought the Ref was diabolical - imo the 'no-arms tackle' on Mapimpi should have lead to a yellow card (at least) and a penalty try; the less said about the Faf 'slap', the better - some people are of the opinion that the Aussie should have been given the yellow card (along with the Oscar for acting)
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Frodo.

• Craig Pienaar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
Argentina 19 - 18 up against the All Blacks :woohoo: :woohoo:

• Farawaysaint
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

1 year 7 months ago
The Ref missed a lot but it would not have made the slightest difference to the result.
Aussies played well and were certainly allowed to.
I see no strong leadership in the Bok team
There are problems and without singling out individuals it is time the RWC 19 side is put behind when it comes to selection.

• fingers
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

1 year 7 months ago

from your lips to.... or whatever the saying is

• fingers
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

1 year 7 months ago
thought the Ref was diabolical - imo the 'no-arms tackle' on Mapimpi should have lead to a yellow card (at least) and a penalty try; the less said about the Faf 'slap', the better - some people are of the opinion that the Aussie should have been given the yellow card (along with the Oscar for acting)

the ref, the ref?!
how can it be a no arms tackle if mapimpi jumped up into the air to try and score

• Frodo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

thought the Ref was diabolical - imo the 'no-arms tackle' on Mapimpi should have lead to a yellow card (at least) and a penalty try; the less said about the Faf 'slap', the better - some people are of the opinion that the Aussie should have been given the yellow card (along with the Oscar for acting)

the ref, the ref?!
how can it be a no arms tackle if mapimpi jumped up into the air to try and score

Imo .... whether Mapimpi jumped or not - fact remains the guy did not use his arms in the tackle - last time I checked, this was deemed a yellow-card offence :huh:

And I have not even mentioned the scrum penalty when the Aussie clearly scrummed inwards - yet the ref deemed we had to be penalized

And I said at the start of my post - the 'Boks made some silly mistakes - not taking the ball from the kick-off - and how Dwebe can be the 3rd best hooker in the country I don't know

All I'm saying is that the ref contributed to the loss - who knows what would have happened in the second half if the 2 Aussies got yellow cards, and not Faf - who admittedly did slap the guy in the face - so a penalty would have been fair imo - definitely not a yellow card when compared to the 'no-arms tackle'
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Frodo.

• Craig Pienaar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
This New Zealand coach must go

• naresh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

What a win by the Pumas :cheer:
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by naresh.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds