Black Swan Stud Busy few days ahead

• PeterD
  • PeterD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Black Swan Stud Busy few days ahead

1 year 8 months ago
Good run in second by Aussenkehr behind a useful sort. Should not be long in shedding his maiden.
Helen’s Legacy just touched off on the line, and should also shed her maiden soon.
Something amiss with Major Attraction.

One runner at Greyville on Monday. Exceeder runs in the 7th. First time on the poly so it all depends on whether he takes to the surface. If so, should be competitive. Happy Ariistocrat looks the one to beat in an open contest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, Craig Pienaar, TNaicker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago
Our first foal of the season born on Sunday night- a smart colt by Elusive Fort out of Iris and Ruby. A few more early ones are due soon. Busy few months ahead with foaling and coverings, and then sales prep starting in a few months time.
The stud had another good year last season - our 42 runners yielding 18 winners of 28 races and over R2m in stakes. Some good stakes placed horses but unfortunately no black type winners under our name. We did get black type wins from Sound of Warning and Princess Anastasia, bred in partnership.
Another excellent season for Elusive Fort, the highlight being the Met win by Kommetdieding. EF ended up 7th on the stallion log, with over R10m in stakes, an excellent AEPR and graded stakes winners of both sexes. In the top ten sires of 3yos, and some promising 2yo winners so should have another good season ahead.
Bookings for this year are strong as he remains fantastic value at R20k service fee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago
How about a pic of the new foal? 😊

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Mac.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
Two runners at Fairview on Friday.
*Jean Paul runs in race 5. He has a tough draw to overcome and got whacked 8 points for his win. He has come to hand and with some luck in the running has an ew chance. The poly should be ok now that he has strengthened up.
*Miss Jacqueline runs in the 6th and the Cornell collar made a big difference last time. This may be on the sharp side for her, but she gets a nice draw and a low weight, so I think that she has a definite ew chance.

Four runners on Saturday at Kenilworth. There has been quite a lot of rain this week but hopefully racing will go ahead.
Beau Kala runs in race 1 and ran a fair debut in quite a strong field. Will be better when she goes a trip, but can run into the money in this class with the benefit of the run under the belt. Fallo Ancora looks the one to beat.
Nothingelsematters and Quasimodo both run in race 5, and both ran nice races last time. I prefer Nothingelsematters as he finished powerfully last time, and if he runs straight this time should win. Quasimodo enjoyed the step up in trip last time, as expected, and he should challenge. Global Forests should fill the trifecta.
*Lady Renee was very green on debut and I expect a lot of improvement, and I give her a small place chance. Gimme's Lassie and Twice the Flo should fight it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
Nice win by Nothingelsematters. Still immature and could develop into a useful stayer.
Fair run by Quasimodo.
Lady Renee still has a lot to learn and will improve once she goes a trip and gets stronger.

Runners at Fairview on Friday
* Fort Dawn in race 4. He is proving to be quite moderate but not a strong field so can run a place.
* Just For Laughs in race 6. Is running 1.5 kg above her correct weight and battling to regain her form. Not the easiest of draws but on her 2yo form is much better that what she is currently showing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
No show at Fairview.
Two runners at Kenilworth on Sunday
*Everlasting in race 1. Will need this run and further.
*Treasure Hunt in race 7. Tough task at the weights against a couple of smart lightly raced fillies, but should run well and a good place chance. Inara’s Dynasty should win, and Time Flies second.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
We had a good 2nd with Umthombo Wolwazi at the Vaal on Tuesday.
Treasure Hunt ran a game race, but the handicapper is refusing to drop her and she has to meet fillies that beat her on the same weight terms. Very annoying.
One runner at Fairview on Friday. Mhlabeni has been very consistent last few runs and runs in a very competitive handicap in race 5. He has a good ew chance again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Pienaar, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
Very smart win by Mhlabeni- Duncan McKenzie has done a great job with this fellow, and he has now won 3 of his last 4 starts. The handicapper is likely to give him a smack for this win as he pulled clear easily and there was a further gap to the third horse. He seems to be a late maturing sort, and may still have further scope to improve at 5 years old.

One runner at Turffontein on Saturday. Major Winter returns from a break in race 8 and this is too short for him. He has been very unlucky, having clipped heels and fallen twice in his short career already, which must affect his confidence. Hopefully he has a trouble free run and can get back on track when he goes over a bit more ground later, as he clearly has ability.

A nice colt born this week by Master of My Fate out of Helen’s Ideal. Her first foal. A few mares overdue so expecting more soon.
Elusive Fort has covered 3 mares in the first two days of the season, including our girl Pretty Betty, and he is doing very well with a decent book ahead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
Major Winter scratched.
Runners at Durbanville on Wednesday.
*Everlasting is a reserve runner in race 1.
Ausenkehr runs in race 4. Good improvement last time and gets a nice draw so should have a good winning chance. Max the Otter looks the main danger.
*Treasure Hunt runs in race 6. She is fit and well and consistent but this is a tough race and she is not well in at the weights so I’ll be happy if she runs a place. Maria Querol is well in if running to her best form but was poor last time. Puet Etre Moi looks the one to beat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Pienaar, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
Very gutsy run in second place by Treasure Hunt. A mile is her distance limit and she was caught in the last 50m.
Assenkehr was a bit naughty going down to the start, and may have taken a bit out of himself with his antics. Fair run in third but I think he is better than that.

One runner at Fairview on Friday. * Miss Jacqueline in race 3. Has been very disappointing since her maiden win and if she doesn’t show improvement may have to call it a day with her.
Two runners at Turffontein on Saturday. I am Who I Am in race 3 - should run into the money again, but stable companion Stepping Out looks a bit better, and Bronze Sword a likely improver.
Major Winter in race 9. Was supposed to run last week but scratched due to jockey availability. Hopefully he shows a return to form although probably will need the run.

4 foals so far born this season, and all colts which is unusual for us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CnC 306, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
I Am Who I Am scratched. Major Winter fair run after the long break.
One runner at Greyville on Monday. Indigo Fields runs in race 7. Tries the 1600m again. So far has seemed best over the sprints, but may be ok this trip on the poly.
Two runners at Durbanville on Tuesday. Helen's Legacy in race 1 and should win despite the draw as she has shown good gate speed. Wayward Girl, St Kitts and Country Time fair form and better drawn. A few first timers who could be anything.
lady Renee runs in race 5, and should appreciate the step up in trip. A very tough draw to overcome in a full field, so I am just looking for her to show improvement and run on.

Another colt born today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 7 months ago
Very disappointing at Kenilworth on Tuesday. Helen’s Legacy knocked herself in running and came back lame. Lady Renee pushed early from the draw and did not run on.

Two runners at Fairview on Friday, both in race 9.
*Jean Paul reverts to his favourite track and trip, and should be very competitive. Gentleman comes back from a long break, and may need the run.
Three runners at Durbanville on Saturday.
*Sunlit From Heaven debuts in race 2. Has had her gallops but the yard does not push first timers. Hopefully will not be too green, but not the best of draws and I’m not expecting too much from her yet.
* Everlasting runs in race 3. Gets a nice draw and we are hoping for a much improved effort.
Nothingelsematters runs in race 8. Won his maiden in good style and with a low weight I expect him to fight out the finish although up in class.

Spent the day on the farm on Wednesday to see the babies. Five colts and two fillies born on the farm so far and all looking good.
Our yearlings have all wintered well and soon will start their pre sales program.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, CnC 306, Haupie, TNaicker

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds