Black Swan Stud Busy few days ahead

• PeterD
  • PeterD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Black Swan Stud Busy few days ahead

1 year 11 months ago
Game run by Encryption- was in the lead by default as nothing else wanted to go and caught late but held on for 4th.
Sound of Warning looks a big runner for our breeding partnership in the 5th at Turffontein on Saturday. Has Freed from Desire to beat unless the somewhat inconsistent Gallic Princess brings her A game
Big day for Elusive Fort with Big Burn in the Computaform Sprint, Kommetdieding in the Premiers and Sprinkles in the Gerald Rosenberg.
I am very confident of Kommetdieding winning. Big Burn may find the 1000m on the sharp side, but if not, is a big runner. Sprinkles is held by Rain in Holland but looks second best again.
In the lucky last, the workriders hardly ever beat the jockeys in these challenge races, but Elusive Fort’s Floreana Island and Sam Mosia look value at 20/1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNaicker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Drama Queen a bit disappointing in 5th.
Kommetdieding very disappointing- he is much better than that run.
Very good run Big Burn- will be a big runner in the Gr 1 Fillies Sprint at Scottsville

*Fynbos runs in the 8th race at Kenilworth on Wednesday. Disappointing last run, but can be competitive if she runs to her ability. A bit inconsistent these days, and probably off to stud at the end of the season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Slow pace did not suit Fynbos.
Just one runner at Fairview on Friday- * Mistress of Means in race 4. Another that is nearing the end of her career, and I think that she is better on turf. However, this is a suitable race from a fair draw and she can’t be ruled out.
Indigo Fields steps up hugely in class in the KZN Fillies Guineas on Saturday. Looks an impossible task on what she has shown so far. Under Your Spell is a penalty kick if reproducing her last run behind Princess Calla.
JP Twothousand runs again in the 8th at Turffontein. He has been holding form well and should again be in the shakeup getting the 4 kg claim.

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Another good win by JP Twothousand under the young apprentice.
Fair run by Mistress- hopefully can pick up a win on the turf now that she has been dropped a bit in the ratings.
Indigo Fields outclassed as expected, and looks like a sprinter despite her pedigree.
A good week for Elusive Fort with 3 winners, including the very promising Naval Guard.
Nice to see Gold Standard get his first winner.

At Kenilworth on Wednesday 4 runners
Race 2 Nothingelsematters. First foal of well performed dam Silvan Star. Hopefully he puts in a bold effort on debut.
Race 3 * Everlasting. This filly had to be withdrawn from the 2021 yearling sale due to an injury a few days before the sale. Otherwise I would have expected a decent price for her. Decided to race her, and she looks like she has a bit of class. Beautifully bred. Has been to Kenilworth for a grass gallop and if not green I expect her to be competitive. It looks like a fairly strong field, and the outside draw down the straight may not be ideal- will have to see how they go in the earlier races. Include in trifectas and quartets.
Race 4 *I’m in Charge. Was supposed to go to PE but no transport last week, so gets a run here. Very disappointing so far, and not expecting much from him.
Race 7 * Treasure Hunt won a nice race last time against similar, and although up a few points, should be in the shakeup again. An open race and plenty with chances.

Another baby stepping out at Vaal on Thursday in race 2. Umthombo Wolwazi. A full brother to Encryption so I’m hopeful for the connections.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNaicker

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 11 months ago
Thank you again Peter and JP2000, what a pleasure at a good price.
Has become a nice wee ATM 👏

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago
Not a good day at Kenilworth with both babies running shockers.
Treasure Hunt a fair 4th.
Promising debut 3rd by Umthombo Wolwazi at the Vaal.

Two runners at Fairview Friday.
* Fort Dawn returns from a long break due to injury in race 3. Hopefully all resolved now but may need this run and better further, but we must start somewhere and not the strongest field.
Race 4 Major Attraction makes the trip from CT and although top weight should go close here over her favourite distance.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by PeterD.

• Felix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

1 year 11 months ago
Another good win by JP Twothousand under the young apprentice.
Fair run by Mistress- hopefully can pick up a win on the turf now that she has been dropped a bit in the ratings.
Indigo Fields outclassed as expected, and looks like a sprinter despite her pedigree.
A good week for Elusive Fort with 3 winners, including the very promising Naval Guard.
Nice to see Gold Standard get his first winner.

At Kenilworth on Wednesday 4 runners
Race 2 Nothingelsematters. First foal of well performed dam Silvan Star. Hopefully he puts in a bold effort on debut.
Race 3 * Everlasting. This filly had to be withdrawn from the 2021 yearling sale due to an injury a few days before the sale. Otherwise I would have expected a decent price for her. Decided to race her, and she looks like she has a bit of class. Beautifully bred. Has been to Kenilworth for a grass gallop and if not green I expect her to be competitive. It looks like a fairly strong field, and the outside draw down the straight may not be ideal- will have to see how they go in the earlier races. Include in trifectas and quartets.
Race 4 *I’m in Charge. Was supposed to go to PE but no transport last week, so gets a run here. Very disappointing so far, and not expecting much from him.
Race 7 * Treasure Hunt won a nice race last time against similar, and although up a few points, should be in the shakeup again. An open race and plenty with chances.

Another baby stepping out at Vaal on Thursday in race 2. Umthombo Wolwazi. A full brother to Encryption so I’m hopeful for the connections.[/quote

@Peter,was nothingelsematters, named after one of my favourite songs by the band Metallica?

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Don’t know- he was named by the owner. These days I sell most unnamed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Felix

• Felix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

1 year 11 months ago

Thank you Peter. Having a unexpected a reunion with old mates an reminiscing about music. For the Canners
that like this song ,Miley Cyrus does a kick ass rendition live with the band. Cheer: :cheer:

Will try and post again if the link is incorrect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterD

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago
Princess Anastasia stepped up running a good second at Greyville.
*Pretty Betty runs in the Syringa at Turffontein race 7 on Sunday. Gets a decent draw and is back in listed handicap class. I don’t know why she’s at such long odds as I think that she has an excellent ew chance here. Ran a creditable race against much stronger last time and has fully adjusted to the altitude. First time on the inner track, but as a strong front runner she shouldn’t have any difficulty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott, ElvisisKing, Sweet Coetzee, kt6747, TNaicker

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago
Puzzled by Pretty Betty run- very disappointing. Just For Laughs also inexplicably bad run on Monday.
Exceeder runs in the 5th at Kenilworth on Wednesday. He is very consistent and should get us back in the winners box.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by PeterD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• PeterD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 10 months ago
Two runners at Fairview on Friday
*Miss Jacqueline in race 6. This trip is too short for her, but down in the ratings and a good draw, so anything is possible.
*Jean Paul in race 8. Has strengthened up and much better last two. If he can carry that form to the poly then could be competitive here, although I think he prefers turf.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds