:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

• Dave Scott
  • Dave Scott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Re: Re:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

1 year 10 months ago
We watched an interview with Dennis Davies and Andre du Ruyter last night, frightening. In a nutshell Big criminal syndicates operating within Eskom. Plug once source of fraud and theft and another appears. Eskom stopped the diesel theft and then discovered R1.1BN theft of stock at one power station etc. Coal deliveries having metal and rocks added to the loads to dilute the good coal as they are paid by weight, that damages the power stations. They employed a top forensic guy to start sorting this out. His house was shot at and he resigned. Their hands are tied, cops release those arrested the next day on orders from senior cops. De Ruyter said he cannot fix Eskom alone. Unless the authorities and NPA actually take this on we are going nowhere. No individual would want to put their families at risk by taking on syndicates. Load shedding here to stay for a long time to come. At least it makes sense what’s happening now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lionel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 10 months ago
They should bring in a foreign operatives to "take care " of the perpetrators. The country cannot be held to ransom. Stuff the judicial process.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 10 months ago
I found it shocking to watch the show of military strength of the Russian troops Victory parade .

Then Putin talking about the tragic loss of life for men, woman and Children that had to suffer under the Nazi regime during the last world War.

He appears unaware that he is doing the exact same things 😢🙏

• jim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

1 year 10 months ago
putin has a goal obviously to capture ukraine. in order to validate this and sidetrack his opponents and populace he comes up, with the most amazing stories. what i find interesting are the similarities between his rantings and those of zuma and malema - to blame are - foreign western spies, apartheid,wmc etc etc, shows how the kgb propoganda machine has influenced putin and the anc. worst is they expect todays people to believe and accept their insanely farfetched nonsense. maybe back in the 70 80 s but now ???

• Mac
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: Re:Re:Fears and thoughts in South Africa

1 year 10 months ago
Ukraine will surrender, the West will shrug its shoulders and then two years hence business will return to normal.

Sent from my Ferrari using Tapatalk

• Felix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

1 year 10 months ago
I normally don't post as in my of line of work , I indirectly have dealings with Jockeys, trainers etc ,nothing to do with racing directly.

Last week , a Gauteng trainer and his son were subjected to a ":home invasion:, and severely beaten and pistol whipped,

In fact if it wasn't for the ":Farm Patrol": and the shootout that occurred, this might have has a different outcome,

My question is ,why (and I believe its common knowledge) is nothing reported and why is no support offered,

Bob or Dave I will gladly supply you with the trainers name in a PM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Scott

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 10 months ago
.....these crimes are so numerous and happen daily and only get news if someone very important to the ANC , EFF, top sports star or politcian is killed or seriously injured....:ohmy:

• mikesack
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 10 months ago
Israel National News - Arutz Sheva
Main
All News
Briefs
Israel News

Israel National News > Science & Technology > COVID vaccines may impair long-term immunity to the virus
Coronavirus

COVID vaccines may impair long-term immunity to the virus

Research suggests that vaccination against COVID via mRNA vaccines may reduce body's ability to produce key type of antibody.
David Rosenberg
24.05.22 14:44

vaccine
Coronavirus
COVID-19 vaccine

Vaccines against the coronavirus may impair the body’s ability to produce a key type of antibody, thus potentially limiting the immune system’s defenses against mutated strains of the virus, a new study suggests.

The study draws upon data collected during Moderna’s randomized control trial for its mRNA SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, from July 2020 through March 2021.

Researchers looked at participants who tested positive for the coronavirus during the trial, comparing serum levels of specific types of antibodies, based on vaccination status, as well as viral load.

In particular, the study looks at the antibody response to the virus’ nucleocapsid protein core, using the anti-nucleocapsid antibodies levels (anti-N Abs) as a marker for comprehensive immune system response to the virus, as opposed to the narrower response to the spike protein. Variants of SARS-CoV-2 with mutated spike proteins have been a subject of concern for the reliance of vaccinated immunity on antibodies targeting the s-proteins of the original variant.

As expected, serum levels of the anti-nucleocapsid antibodies varied based on measured viral load in both the placebo and vaccine cohorts, with participants who had higher viral loads found to have higher levels of neutralizing anti-nucleocapsid antibodies.

Researchers also found a pronounced difference, however, in the levels of anti-nucleocapsid antibodies between vaccinated participants and members of the placebo cohort, even when the study controlled for viral load.

Trial participants who were given the placebo, rather than the vaccine, and became infected during the trial were found to have significantly higher levels of the neutralizing anti-nucleocapsid antibodies than vaccinated participants who had comparable viral loads.

Approximately 60% of participants from the placebo cohort who experienced very mild infection, with low viral loads, were found to have anti-nucleocapsid antibodies, compared to roughly 10% of vaccinated subjects.

Among those with higher viral loads – qualifying as mild cases, rather than very mild – 71% of the unvaccinated developed anti-nucleocapsid antibodies, compared to just 15% of those in the vaccine group.

Of all unvaccinated subjects who had been diagnosed with the virus during the trial, nearly all (93%) had measurable levels of anti-nucleocapsid antibodies, compared to less than half (40%) of those in the vaccine cohort.

“While an increase in seroreversion cannot be ruled out, given the short time frame the more likely explanation is a vaccine-induced reduction in seroconversion,” researchers wrote, suggesting that trial participants given the vaccine had reduced levels of the anti-nucleocapsid antibodies as a direct result of the vaccine’s narrow focus on the spike protein.

The researchers also hinted that the diminished anti-nucleocapsid antibody response among the vaccinated could lead to undercounting of breakthrough cases, when measured by antibody sampling.

“Even with frequent serosampling, serosurveys that rely on antibodies to the N protein may underestimate within-community transmission dynamics.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago
My frustration about what is happening on the planet should have been on this thread and not my Ascot post.

It remains that

Russia Ukraine situation remains horrific
Our Parliament fiasco was totally embarrassing and these "right honorable members " are a disgrace.
Selling of refugees to Rwanda? I thought slave trading had ended years ago.
American gun laws, a good solution was for the yanks to donate their guns to the Ukraine people.

Looking forward to Ascot to stop me getting wound up about everything 🙃
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Dave Scott.

• Saint T

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago
Parliament Fiasco - we are deserving of the MPs we have and they, like 4Q leadership, don’t have a clue how to sort out the basics.

The maids and mine workers in their RED PPE have been at it for a decade, just taking the piss for the sake of being in the limelight to promote their brand.

Why has the rest of the members in the house not proposed, tabled and passed a rule change that gives these hooligans a 3 month unpaid holiday from work for first time offences, and 6 months if a repeat offender.

Yet another bunch that we can do without.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Bob Brogan.

• Dave Scott
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 9 months ago
In case you missed.

• Mossel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Re: Fears and thoughts in South Africa

1 year 9 months ago
Lol ja nee

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds