Re:Re:HOW TO WATCH KZN RACING

• Bob Brogan
  • Bob Brogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

HOW TO WATCH KZN RACING

2 years 1 month ago
Looks like a few folk are not up to speed so here's the press release again

The current Tellytrack Partnership, involving Phumelela (in Business Rescue), Kenilworth Racing and Gold Circle will be dissolved on 28 February 2022. As a direct result of that dissolution, with effect from 1 March 2022, Tellytrack (Channel 249) will no longer be broadcast on the DStv bouquet. No doubt, the potential absence of KZN horse racing on DStv will be causing all racing fans, some disquiet. Gold Circle wants to assure the public that negotiations with 4Racing are on-going regarding the reciprocal use of product to facilitate multiple broadcast channels encompassing all South African racing, and we are hopeful of settling on an agreement before 1 March.

Gold Circle understands its obligation to deliver the best possible broadcast of its racing product to the racing public. In this regard, a High-Definition broadcast of KZN and International racing has been launched and is available, at no charge, via live streaming ( www.galloptv.co.za ). The same service will also become available via free to air (FTA) satellite decoder with a dish installation on IS-20 (same installation as DStv and OVHD). Various brands of free to air (FTA) satellite decoders (e.g. Space HD FTA Decoder) are available at Space TV outlets countrywide ( www.spacetv.co.za/contact/ ) or online retail websites like www.takealot.com for R500-R1000. Once purchased and installed, there are no monthly subscription fees payable.

Gallop TV has set up a support call centre (031-314 1902) and email support service (support@galloptv.co.za) to assist customers with any queries they may have regarding access to Gallop TV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Eudey, Saint Tropez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlackSwan

Re: HOW TO WATCH KZN RACING

2 years 1 month ago
Hope they come to an agreement soon since Champions season is looming

• manwatweet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 1 month ago
Got Gallop TV installed this morning.
Sad that it had to get this far.
Happy with the installation.
Hopefully Gallop TV will get HD cameras soon.
Seems like KZN will be the racing capital of RSA in the next couple of years with the backing of Hollywoodbets.

• manwatweet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago

• Dev
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
Please follow the article posted on Sporting Post answering FAQs on watching KZN Racing via GallopTV, as well as setting up a FTA decoder.

www.sportingpost.co.za/horse-racing/how-...atch-sa-horseracing/

Gallop TV has set up a support call centre (031-314 1902) and email support service (support@galloptv.co.za) to assist customers with any queries they may have regarding access to Gallop TV.
Some frequently asked questions – ther may be overlaps

Cost to install a new decoder to watch Gallop TV?
The cost of the free to air satellite decoder varies between R500-R1000. The cost of installation will vary depending on whether you have an existing DSTV or OVHD satellite dish set up as the free to air decoder can use the same satellite dish. To find the address and contact number of a Space TV outlet in your area go to www.spacetv.co.za/contact . There are no ongoing monthly subscription fees for free to air satellite.

Monthly subscription fees to watch Gallop TV?
There are no monthly fees to watch the live stream, you just need to register for free on www.galloptv.co.za and you will have access to view live KZN and International racing as well as various play on demand podcast shows and KZN race replays. If you have installed a FTA decoder to watch Gallop TV, once you have paid for the decoder and the installation there are no ongoing monthly subscription costs.

I used to be a subscriber at Tellytrack.com but I can’t log-in?
The new GallopTV streaming services are unrelated to Tellytrack.com You will need to complete a new registration on www.galloptv.co.za to access the full GallopTV content.

Registered and am logged in but there is no live picture?
To activate the live stream please click on the play button in the middle of the screen.

Outside SA and keep getting error messages?
Gallop Tv’s contractual obligations with external content providers prevent us from distributing the visuals beyond South Africa and the website is geo-blocked accordingly.

Where can I watch live Gauteng / Cape / E. Cape racing?
Presently, GallopTV does not have the broadcast rights to any of the 4Racing products. These venues are available on DSTV channel 240. This remains under constant review.

Where can I find KZN race replays?
There are a number of convenient ways of watching KZN race replays –

Recent replays are available via the Race Replays tab on www.galloptv.co.za

Archived races are available on Gold Circle’s YouTube channel www.youtube.com/user/GoldCircleRacing

You can also use the online form guide at www.gallop.co.za and type your horse’s name in the “All Horse Form” search box and select your horse. This will open a window with all your horse’s previous runs and at the end of each line of form for KZN race meetings there will be a video icon. Click on the icon and the race will play automatically off YouTube.

The same feature is available for the online race card at www.tabgold.co.za . Simply click on the video icon at end of the required runners form line.

Can I get recommendations on which Free To Air decoder to purchase? What are the costs?
Customers can purchase an AMO Digital HD Set Top box. This retails for between R400 to R500.

It’s available through most electronic stores and Take a Lot www.takealot.com/amo-tv-decoder-digital-...eration/PLID72770317

This decoder connects to existing DSTV connection points, meaning you can use your existing dish and cabling set up in your home.

Once I purchase and install an FTA decoder, what channel is GallopTV on? What is the signal frequency to get GallopTV? My installer is asking?
Depending on Geographic location, it could be either channel 0006 or 0007 on the AMO decoders. Frequency on modulations is between 22 and 24

Can the FTA decoder run off the same satellite dish I have at home? Or am I required to install a new dish just for this decoder?
The AMO FTA decoder runs of the same satellite dish, no need for a separate dish. The only issue that may be encountered is if the customer has a DSTV Explora set up – this will require a further connection set up by the installer. But all DSTV installers are capable of this change and it shouldn’t be problematic.

I already have an FTA decoder/satellite. What is the frequency for GallopTV?
Between 22 and 24

You will need to scan the decoder to locate GallopTV

IS20

11514 V

28750Msym

Is GallopTV available on OpenView?
Unfortunately not at this stage.

Is it possible to add FTA channels onto my current DSTV decoder or OpenView decoder? If possible, what models or decoders work/don’t work?
Unfortunately not. The Gallop TV service is only available on a separate decoder that uses the “Sentech Stream”

Is there a list of recommended FTA Satellite decoder and dish installers in my area?
We have a list of suppliers that have been used for our branches across the country, if required we can arrange this list for customers in their areas. If not, it’s a simple connection and can be done by a local DSTV technician in under an hour.

One alternative is a Space HD Digital decoder which can be found at Space TV. Visit www.spacetv.co.za/contact for the nearest store. They will suggest an accredited installer in your area.

Is the GallopTV feed available in High Definition or only Standard Definition on my FTA decoder?
Gallop TV is available in High definition. Dependent on geographical location, the decoder may need some tuning in frequency for the best clarity – this is between 22 and 24 and can be done by the installer.

I am used to Tellytrack on my DSTV. What is the difference between DSTV and FTA?
Tellytrack has ceased operation as of 1 March. The difference is that Gallop TV will now provide all racing content for KZN local racing instead of Tellytrack.

What does FTA stand for?
FTA means Free to Air – what this means is that there is no subscription or payment for the use of this service – hence its not on a DSTV/Open View type of decoder.

Is GallopTV 24 hours?
It is 24 hours, but races are dependent on specific times. There will be more content on the stream in between and after races.

GallopTV has obtained licences to show international racing from multiple countries and will operate for the times of these race meetings, which will generally be from early morning to late at night.

Is there only local racing, or also international racing?
There is both local KZN and International Racing available on Gallop TV

Is there only one GallopTV channel? Or are there separate channels for other international feeds?
There is one Gallop TV Channel. Gold Circle is offering two separate channels on their dialog boxes for local and international separately, however this is a much lengthier and costly installation.

GallopTV will be similar to Tellytrack1 and GallopTV2 will be similar to Tellytrack4. GallopTV2 will only be broadcast to betting shops and via live stream, it will not be available on the FTA satellite.

Is there a channel on the FTA with just the clean KZN racing feed?
Gallop TV prioritises KZN racing above all racing. Meaning you will be able to watch any KZN Race meet even if an International Race meet is happening simultaneously.

No, the IS20 FTA will only have GallopTV.

The KZN Clean Feed broadcast is only available via live stream at www.galloptv.co.za .

Can I watch JHB/PE/WCP racing on GallopTV?
No. Gallop TV is only showing KZN race meets and international race meets. Races outside of KZN can be viewed on Channel 240 on DSTV.

Why do I need GallopTV? I already have 4Racing on DSTV?
Without Gallop TV, you wont be able to view KZN races at all. 4Racing only covers race courses outside of KZN

Unfortunately, 4Racing have opted not to show KZN racing on DStv channel 240.

Is there regular scheduled programming or magazine shows on GallopTV?
This is in development for the channel. More content will be developed as the channel progresses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Brogan

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 3 weeks ago
The quicker someone bangs 4racing and Gold Circle's heads together the better... What a disaster for racing... What a joke!

• Sylvester
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
Gallop TV is 15 seconds delayed vs. 240.

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

2 years 3 weeks ago

• lefty

2 years 3 weeks ago
The Australian content shown on Gallop Tv is about 7 secs behind live.

Gallop TV is using the 68.5E satellite mainly used by DSTV.

It's on Transponder 11514 V 28750. U can pick it up off your DSTV dish if u know what u are doing.

Interesting we now 15 mins to 1st race, and no coverage on Gallop TV of parade ring etc.

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
Seems they are now showing KZN racing on 240

• lefty

2 years 3 weeks ago
Durban pics now on Racing240.

Same sort of content on Gallop TV.

Racing20 pics about 8 secs behind live.

• durbs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

2 years 3 weeks ago
And Cecil is back

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds