NHRA Female Jockey permanent sex allowance.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Re: NHRA Female Jockey permanent sex allowance.

1 year 9 months ago
Rachel Venniker is going to be the most sought jockey or should I say jockette in the country. Barring black type races and sale races she will be able to claim in every race.
any stable worth 10 cents should rush to put her on retainer as you have a permanent 1.5kg advatage.

......I actually feel pretty grim as I had an opportunity to be in on getting a prospective jockett into our local racing....
last year I met a very smart young Britsh girl of Indian decent out on a holiday....she just happened to be a work rider for a top UK stable and had thrown her leg over some top horses including several that belonged to the Queen..... she asked if I could take her to a training centre and introduce her to a few trainers so she could extend her holiday to a working one....I was more negative about our racing then....and actually told her not to waste her time as our racing is f@cked and very little chance for a female jockey here....:sick:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
This whole concept is a joke. Now we have a female jockey that has more than proved that she's good enough to ride as an equal, and now she's gna be engaged in every race, because there's definitely no other female jockeys that are currently around. So we should change this to the Vanneker rule, because she's the only one to benefit from this. Other countries have way more than female jockey and they can implement this.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
.....every available advantage in this game is a bonus.....but dont think that it is unfair at all....our local authority must have been encouraged to look at what is happening out there to implement it here....will rightly benefit those who were clever enough to support and nurture Rachel's career.....:huh:

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
Not in favour...what happens when males decide to "identify" as females?

More seriously, feminists have demanded equality for years and I think giving a really competent, proven jockey an advantage solely for being female (as defined) is an insult to her ability...but what do I know...just from observation, those who demand equality least want to be equal with others...

So, when she rides a filly / mare in open company, the total benefit will be 4 kgs?...2.5 kgs for the horse and 1.5kgs for the jockey? Massive benefit where even 0.5kgs can decide a result...

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
.....every available advantage in this game is a bonus.....but dont think that it is unfair at all....our local authority must have been encouraged to look at what is happening out there to implement it here....will rightly benefit those who were clever enough to support and nurture Rachel's career.....:huh:

So why haven't they fixed / aligned the objection rule, for starters, when that has been problematic for longer than RV has been a jockey?

I think it is virtue signalling that will create problems with, for example, ratings as alluded to by @PeterD...

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
.....what...:blink:.....I do not see the problem there....our objection rules are much fairer than the pervious still adopted by the FRENCH.....:whistle:

• Ash2Ash

1 year 9 months ago
It does seem like we are missing a few pieces of the puzzle. This rule change in isolation will prove to be ineffective unless...

1 - The SAJA has a recruitment drive for the academy to attract more female apprentices than male.

2 - There is a drive currently to attract female jockeys from other countries.

3 - There are other plans in place to promote the objective of achieving X number of female jockeys within 5-7? years.

The proposed rule change is going to be problematic - presently, it will benefit one female jockey who secures ample mounts and winners to sustain herself in the saddle without 1.5kg allowance. Ironically, the male jockeys in the bottom quartile of the log can certainly do with receiving the 1.5kg allowance to take their careers in the saddle above the breadline.

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
Not in favour...what happens when males decide to "identify" as females?

More seriously, feminists have demanded equality for years and I think giving a really competent, proven jockey an advantage solely for being female (as defined) is an insult to her ability...but what do I know...just from observation, those who demand equality least want to be equal with others...

So, when she rides a filly / mare in open company, the total benefit will be 4 kgs?...2.5 kgs for the horse and 1.5kgs for the jockey? Massive benefit where even 0.5kgs can decide a result...

.....and I think that any oke willing to sacrifice his balls deserves a break too......:lol:

• TNaicker
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
No "sacrifice" required in this day and age...all you have to do is "identify" as same...

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago
.....not really....as in" sports "gender is still identified by the ability to produce the hormones that ultimately define sex type ....take the Casta Semenya case as a prime example.....:unsure:

• Bob Brogan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

1 year 9 months ago
Let's hit the gender pish on the head and get back to the positives of the original post...

Maybe this rule will attract overseas riders? The French rule certainly attracted the UK and IRISH lady riders during the off seasons...

Doubt it would be financially possible, but the big stables could hire a lady or two from overseas... Sure there was a couple of overseas riders recently

Was it a South American in JHB and Badel in WC? And to think Badel wasn't given a chance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muhtiman

• Muhtiman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago
.....thanx Bob but before we get too carried away.....this country is very preventative about providing "jobs" to foreigner's and therefore not that easy to bring in qualified people to "work" here....it is going to be an uphill slog and very difficult to get in .....as one is going to be tested with many hoops and hurdles to jump through and or over....:S
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Muhtiman. Reason: in as

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds